Expedition Exchange - Page 5 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old October 20th, 2005, 03:05 PM
norros
Nicholas Orros
1995 NAS D90 SW

Wow, you really are messed up.

First off I don't get dumped Johny my boy, I'm packin'.... got it you Chinese inch-worm ?

Secondly I'm not a guinea, you've got your nationalities mixed up, but then again I am an American.

And third, answering a question with 'we can't' or 'because they are' is not an answer, at least for me it isn't. Explaining after 3 or 4 emails are exchanged isn't my idea of 'offering information'... but whatever dude... There are PLENTY of places to buy stuff on the internet.

Lastly, I'm not going to waste my time on you like I normally would in a 'brief tussel' between true board members, because honestly you don't give 2 shits about anyone but yourself.

That's all for me folks... oh and Karma is a bitch John, remember that.

Nicholas Orros

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 20th, 2005, 05:56 PM
snuffer
Randy Black
'95 D 90 SW

John, to answer your question, Ho simply said he didn't know when the DVD would be out.

You did not offer any explanation other than to say that I had EE confused with Disco Web and that I should talk to them. In fact when you answered the way you did I thought you must have had some sort of splitting of company with your friends at Disco Web.

You have a good imagination but not such a good memory, but I don't expect you to remember a ten second phone conversation from several months back.

I agree totally with the poster that said this sort of fighting is an aberration brought on by the internet. That's why we are "great guys" on the trail but sometimes assholes on the internet. If John talked to people on the trail the way he sometimes does on the web, he would get a boot up his ass. As would I.
Old October 20th, 2005, 06:25 PM
johnlee
John Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuffer
John, to answer your question, Ho simply said he didn't know when the DVD would be out.

You did not offer any explanation other than to say that I had EE confused with Disco Web and that I should talk to them. In fact when you answered the way you did I thought you must have had some sort of splitting of company with your friends at Disco Web.

You have a good imagination but not such a good memory, but I don't expect you to remember a ten second phone conversation from several months back.
So you're allowed to remember a 10-second conversation several months ago but I'm not? Is that your logic?

Quote:
I agree totally with the poster that said this sort of fighting is an aberration brought on by the internet. That's why we are "great guys" on the trail but sometimes assholes on the internet. If John talked to people on the trail the way he sometimes does on the web, he would get a boot up his ass. As would I.
Actually, I'm the same person on the web as I am in person. Ask anyone who knows me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 20th, 2005, 07:04 PM
snuffer
Randy Black
'95 D 90 SW

No John, my logic is that you are just lying about the phone conversation and the comment about the "attitude" I had.

And I really doubt you are the same person on the web as you are in person. But if you're at the "06 Rally I'll get a chance to find out.
Old October 20th, 2005, 07:13 PM
dnewman9
Dennis Newman
*SOLD*Conniston 97 NAS 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlee
So you're allowed to remember a 10-second conversation several months ago but I'm not? Is that your logic?
I like the way you avoid the real issue. Your inability to communicate with others online or desire to provide short curt responses not only makes you sound VERY rude, it also causes alot of the good advice you give to be invalidated. Get that through your head, its not the response you are giving its the way you give it.

Quote:
Actually, I'm the same person on the web as I am in person. Ask anyone who knows me.
If you are, you must be pretty tough as I can not see how consistantly talking down to people does not get your arse kicked on a trail somewhere.

(go ahead and ignore any good advice I am giving here and fixate on something you can be combatative over)
Old October 20th, 2005, 07:17 PM
kellymoe
kevin
defender 130

Registry
Quote:

Oh, come on. I noticed at the BBQ last year you managed to bite your tongue about the broke down POS I was driving. And if you were on Miller JT when I went you also managed to be pretty nice
Old October 20th, 2005, 07:51 PM
johnlee
John Lee

Quote:
No John, my logic is that you are just lying about the phone conversation and the comment about the "attitude" I had.
You've given your side of the story about our conversation. I have given mine. People can choose to believe whomever they like. It's up to them.

My point was that your statement, "You have a good imagination but not such a good memory, but I don't expect you to remember a ten second phone conversation from several months back" doesn't make sense. If it's incredible of me to remember the details of a 10-second telephone conversation from several months ago, why is it not incredible for you to remember same? If you're going to call me a liar, that is fine. Just call me a liar. But don't try to call me a liar by making some veiled statement that is self-contradictory. If you are able to remember that conversation just fine, then why can't I? That was my only point.

Quote:
And I really doubt you are the same person on the web as you are in person. But if you're at the "06 Rally I'll get a chance to find out.
I might be at the National Rally in 2006. We'll see how busy things are at the shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnewman9
I like the way you avoid the real issue. Your inability to communicate with others online or desire to provide short curt responses not only makes you sound VERY rude, it also causes alot of the good advice you give to be invalidated. Get that through your head, its not the response you are giving its the way you give it.
And what exactly is the "real issue" here? As I said before to Randy, Randy gave his side of the story and I gave mine. People can weigh our relative credibility and believe whomever they like. My point to Randy, one that you missed as well, is that his statement about my alleged inability to recollect the details a several-months-old conversation didn't make sense in light of the fact that he claimed he could recollect the same details after the same time period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnewman9
If you are, you must be pretty tough as I can not see how consistantly talking down to people does not get your arse kicked on a trail somewhere.

(go ahead and ignore any good advice I am giving here and fixate on something you can be combatative over)
Tough? Talking down to people? That's an interesting way to frame it. Do I talk down to people? Or do I merely talk down to some people, people like you and Shawn Palmer (who is now merely "Shawn" since he modified his user profile) and Nick Orros? There's a difference.
Old October 20th, 2005, 07:58 PM
Mark M
Mark Mathews
'94 Beluga Black ST

I've done business with Expedition Exchange many times. In all my experiences John and Ho have been freindly and helpfull. I will continue to do business with them in the future.
Old October 20th, 2005, 08:00 PM
javelinadave
-
-

John, I would not get to upset at this guy. Anybody who has met you and/or bought stuff from you will continue to do so. You are very honest and generous when it comes to advise on LR issues. I have bought stuff from EE for a few years now and have always been happy.
Old October 20th, 2005, 08:03 PM
shawnpalmer
Shawn Palmer
1997 SW-Arles Blue

Registry
Quote:
You've given your side of the story about our conversation. I have given mine. People can choose to believe whomever they like. It's up to them.

My point was that your statement, "You have a good imagination but not such a good memory, but I don't expect you to remember a ten second phone conversation from several months back" doesn't make sense. If it's incredible of me to remember the details of a 10-second telephone conversation from several months ago, why is it not incredible for you to remember same? If you're going to call me a liar, that is fine. Just call me a liar. But don't try to call me a liar by making some veiled statement that is self-contradictory. If you are able to remember that conversation just fine, then why can't I? That was my only point.

I might be at the National Rally in 2006. We'll see how busy things are at the shop.

And what exactly is the "real issue" here? As I said before to Randy, Randy gave his side of the story and I gave mine. People can weigh our relative credibility and believe whomever they like. My point to Randy, one that you missed as well, is that his statement about my alleged inability to recollect the details a several-months-old conversation didn't make sense in light of the fact that he claimed he could recollect the same details after the same time period.

Tough? Talking down to people? That's an interesting way to frame it. Do I talk down to people? Or do I merely talk down to some people, people like you and Shawn Palmer (who is now merely "Shawn" since he modified his user profile) and Nick Orros? There's a difference.

I see you are still gaining customers by the minute, John.

97 D90 SW
Old October 20th, 2005, 08:15 PM
johnlee
John Lee

LOL.

"Shawn (Bo) Palmer", who went to "Shawn", is now back to "Shawn Palmer" after I noted the change. Just as his story changed from "I called you to help me with a leveling problem I had with my Defender" to "I have been a Defender owner since 94 and I knew the answer to my own question". His user profile changes more often than his story.
Old October 20th, 2005, 08:38 PM
shawnpalmer
Shawn Palmer
1997 SW-Arles Blue

Registry
Give it up, man. You have hurt your sales so much by being an ass to all these people. I was going to order some stuff from you, even after all this, because I can get over your opinions. But damn, all you do is argue with people.
All anyone wants is to be able to call you and get good parts, at a good price, and have someone helpful on the other end of the phone. That's all. That is how all this started, man.
Now look at what it has turned into. I don't hate you for being honest, I get it, that's your "style."
After 3 days of going back and forth with you, I feel like we're an old married couple. It's fine. You win.
Now, do you think we could talk about something a little bit more useful?
You must be as worn out as I am over this thread!

97 D90 SW
Old October 20th, 2005, 09:34 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

OK... this is the now 2nd time I am stepping in to something in less than 24 hours...

John, while I think your handling of the defense of EE has been fine in my opinion, I was not pleased about the ethnic slur toward Nick. Nick, I was equally less than thrilled at your response generated from it. I don't think I really need to go further into this with either of you but you both know how I like this site to run, that was not it. Lets not repeat that.

To all: Ethnic comments are completely unacceptable to me and will not be tolerated on this site. Swear and curse, call each other what you will, but everyone will respect each others background, at least when posting on this site. Want to fight, you fight like respectable men and leave race out of it.

If for some reason, I have not made myself 100% crystal clear in this matter since apparently I was unclear in my last post, before someone posts something that will make me come back here a 3rd time, email or PM myself, or Mike, with what exactly is causing your confusion.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old October 20th, 2005, 10:28 PM
AggieD90
Kevin Collins
'95 AA Yellow & '97 Willow Green

I've been following this and wasn't going to get into it but I'll give my limited experience as well (all positive!)

I can't remember if I've ever bought anything from EE but I'm pretty sure I have - either over the phone or at their location. John and Ho have been nothing but helpful and friendly since I've known them - I guess about 7 or 8 years.

They have been so helpful even to offer to go look at a Rover for me before I drove out to LA to buy it! It doesn't really get any more helpful than that from a vendor.

My $0.02,

Kevin
Old October 20th, 2005, 11:38 PM
snuffer
Randy Black
'95 D 90 SW

John I don't know how I could have made that statement any less veiled.

I remember the conversation because it was at that time that I formed my opinion of you.

You do have a valid point though, I guess in debate class that argument would result in a draw, but you and I know the truth.
Old October 21st, 2005, 12:19 AM
javelinadave
-
-

This thread is funnier than the moron selling his brothers parts-in-a-box!

However this thing started; If you don't like EE talk with your feet and walk away. It is not worth busting an artery fighting on this or any other forum!
If you like EE, keep shopping with them.
I'm not sure how a penis size ties into off roading. If somebody can explain it I would sure like to hear the answer.
Old October 21st, 2005, 12:35 AM
sheki
David Shechter
97' D90 SW 2.8L diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by javelinadave
I'm not sure how a penis size ties into off roading. If somebody can explain it I would sure like to hear the answer.
It helps if you need to work the clutch, brake and gas at the same time. I have an auto, so my little penis is fine for my driving style.
A wang is another word for, you guessed it, A DICK!

Nothing racist, just pure DICK!
Old October 21st, 2005, 01:32 AM
AggieD90
Kevin Collins
'95 AA Yellow & '97 Willow Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheki
It helps if you need to work the clutch, brake and gas at the same time. I have an auto, so my little penis is fine for my driving style.

Old October 21st, 2005, 01:57 AM
whistler110
Mike Johnstone
ex-mod 110

I always get a kick out of threads like this. In a country so proud of being free, some are telling others how they should behave. I thought a business had the right to refuse service, and I know the consumer has the right to walk away. And I'm pretty sure we all have the right to be rude, so if you don't like it too bad.

I have never talked with John but have purchased a few things online and his "online" personality was fine.

Face it, all of us in this thread suck.
Old October 21st, 2005, 09:29 AM
ronward
Redsrover
None - sadly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattarm
I have purchased from EE and found John to be extremely informative and quite personable. He spent a considerable amount of time explaining various options and pros and cons of OME setups and equipment I was interested in. I wound up taking John's recommendations and I am extremely happy with the results. He took the time to point out things to look out for during the installation that saved me from what could have been a very frustrating experience. Even after I called back several times modifying my order flip flopping on accessories, he explained the pros and cons of each piece of equipment, providing me sufficient information so that I could make a good, informed decision. I visit the EE site quite often as I find it to be very informative and helpful in evaluating options for my vehicle. Many other sites simply offer a photo, price and sku. Sure I have seen some of the same stuff listed online at random sites, for a few bucks less here and there, however I find the real value to be that extra information provided both by John (and Ho) as well as their site.

Personally, I like the section of the site showing the Chef Showdown. What I see are a bunch of folks and their families having a great time with each other, their vehicles and the outdoors. Seems like a lot of fun.
Took the words right out of my mouth (hands, keyboard whatever ). I bought all my suspension stuff from John and talked with him at length about how to set it up. He was straight with me, but never arrogant (or more arrogant than I am) and appreciated my business. Same thing with Ho, who's answered phone calls from me before as well. My wife bought a SureFire light for me once out of the blue. She'd heard me talk about the web site and the merchandise and she either emailed or called John for the purchase. She told me yesterday after I read this thread that she remembered a very pleasant and professional conversation about the light, which she knew nothing about at the time. You treat my family right, you get my business, it's as simple as that.

Keep up the good work John, and post up some more Omega porn how 'bout it?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
expedition