Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 19th, 2005, 03:05 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyOval
Your comments don't even collaborate with what really happened.
I think you may need to re-read the post before giving a "paltry" little opinion. For now, I will just let the issue die quietly, just like my interest in doing business with EE.
Umm Excuse me? I replied directly to what you wrote. If you don't agree with the rulls of the forum, then DON'T POST! Simple enough?
Old October 19th, 2005, 03:09 PM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
EE sells grat HD spring retainers by the way.. I have them front and rear....
Advertisement

Old October 19th, 2005, 03:44 PM
Eric Siepmann
Eric W. Siepmann
1997 Defender 90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hippert
Umm Excuse me? I replied directly to what you wrote. If you don't agree with the rulls of the forum, then DON'T POST! Simple enough?

I believe that was intended for me, but fighting with someone who doesn't understand that paltry and little are for the most part synonomous and are rarely used as an adjective for an opinion is pointless. . .

The principle was defended and that is all that matters regardless of wether Muddy O can even comprehend that or not.
Old October 19th, 2005, 04:54 PM
norros
Nicholas Orros
1995 NAS D90 SW

Now, I've been trying to keep my mouth shut on this but due to a recent email between John Lee and I ...

In any case, this isn't against MuddyOring or my friend Mike Hippert...

A few months ago I wanted to purchase a pocket knife. I haven't had a pocket knife since I was like 13 but for some reason I just got a bug up my butt and needed one (you know how it is)... Anyway, I was really impressed with the selection of knives on EE and wanted to order one. Well, the one I wanted wasn't available for 'shipping' only in store purchase. I didn't know 'why' but I asked John ... and he replied with 'just can't.' Well, for a guy like me I'm always searching for new things and I'm the kind of guy who'd like a simple reason, I don't ask for much... seriously. Just tell me why. And mind you I've ordered a BUNCH OF STUFF (Tshirts, EE coffee mugs, Superwinch stuff, MOAB & Bill Burke Videos, Audiopipe Battery terminals, a LUMINOX Watch, uh... wheel chock, Black Diamond Headlamp, and a BUNCH of other stuff...AND on top of that If you look back at some of my posts on the D90 Source I was PRAISING THEM on their content & selection MANY TIMES) so you'd think they'd answer a few simple F_cking questions. But nooooooo... John had to get on his high horse and we went through this email back and forth B.S. for a while and FINALLY I got an answer.

Then, the other day, and I mean the other day (I have the ORIGINAL EMAIL if anyone wants to see), I was inquiring about new products on thier website from JL AUDIO, and the same thing. I asked nicely WHY he couldn't ship to me. And mind you I know they're overpriced, and I know they're in CA so it'll cost me more to ship BUT I figure (well figured) it keeps money in Land Rover Enthusiasts pockets and out of Big Business.

So, he replies with his 'just can't' & my favorite one was 'just accept it' ... and we went through a BUNCH more emails before he simply came out and said why and got off his 'pedestal'... I mean seriously. Go F_ck yourself John. All I asked for was a simple answer, that's all.

You know what... I buy a LOT of SHIT online, and that ash-hole will NEVER get my money again.

Thank you & if anyone doesn't believe me or would like to see the original email just let me know.

Long live the D90 source !!! And hell... But a D90 Tshirt & support this shin-dig !

NICHOLAS ORROS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old October 19th, 2005, 06:19 PM
snuffer
Randy Black
'95 D 90 SW

I know what you mean Nick, I called a few months ago about the Disco Web's "Moab 04" DVD that had been advertised, I think on one of their other DVD's.

John's answer was "you have EE confused with Disco Web" and that he knew nothing about the DVD in question. When I asked how I could find some info on the flick he said "contact Disco Web".

Okay so I go to Disco Web site and see Ho's name there as a contact. I scratched my head for a second, then called EE again. I got John and asked for Ho, he hands the phone to Ho and Ho answered my question.

Got to love it.

There is a difference between opinionated and arrogant. And I agree I do feel a little like I'm on that other website.
Old October 19th, 2005, 06:46 PM
Dfndr90
Matt Wunderle
1995 Defender 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Siepmann
So we all stand idly by when someone engages in character assassination? That is what this post is about. Plain and simple. It got off on a tangent when folks opined about cones vs. no cones.

You can always not just read it and hope that the precedent does not continue.
Eric,

Did you really have to use the word OPINED. And just when I thought I could come to the d-90 source for a little relaxation and amusement. I feel like I am in a lecture hall again.

Matt...

Actually just thought it amusing that some one actually used it correctly in a sentence.
Old October 19th, 2005, 07:49 PM
johnlee
John Lee

Quote:
Dear John,
Thank you for setting it all straight for me. I hope you learn something from all of the responses on this thread.

First of all, I called you to help me with a leveling problem I had with my Defender. I didn't ask you if you liked cones. You told me to get rid of them before even asking how I use my truck. "They are redicuous"- remember? There are a few people here who disagree, but some have your mindset. I think it is fair to say that they are "user applicable." Your opinion is "rediculous." Think before you speak.

Secondly, expert, cones don't have anything to do with the levelness of a truck. It was the springs I was asking about.
LOL. So you called to ask about your ride height problem and I suddenly jumped in with, "Do you have cones? Cones are 'rediculous'. You should get rid of your cones. Getting rid of your cones will solve your ride height problem."

Really? Does that sound credible to you? Is that your recollection of how our conversation went? Or is you memory about our conversation as truthful as it your being an EE customer (more on that later)?

Here's how our conversation really went:

John: "Hello, Expedition Exchange."

Shawn: "Hi, how you doin. I have a D90 with Old Man Emu springs front and back, and the back is sitting a few inches taller than the front is. How do I cure this?"

John: "Do you know which OME springs you have?"

Shawn: "I have HD springs front and back."

John: "There's the problem. The HD's really aren't suited for the D90 in the rear unless you carry a lot of weight in the rear like the way Bill Burke does. The rear of an empty D90 is very light and if you fit HD's in the back, the rear will be much taller than the front."

Shawn: "How can I get my truck to sit level?"

John: "Well, there are several different ways you can do it. One way would be to replace your 762's in the rear with 764's. 751/764 is probably the most common set-up for D90's. That's the way to do it if you want to maintain the same front height and just lower the rear. Another way would be to fit 764's in the front of your truck, which would lift your front an additional inch. A lot of guys who want a 3" lift fit the 764's up front. A third way to do it is with 766 XHD front springs, which would give you another inch over what you have now up front. A fourth way is to fit rubber isolators on the tops and bottoms of your 751's, which would give you an additional 20mm of height in the front."

Shawn: "What method would you suggest?"

John: "I would suggest getting rid of the 762's in the rear, fitting 764's in the rear, and then fitting rubber isolators on the tops of all four of your springs. I really like the rubber isolators because they attenuate road noise and vibration. That would level out your truck and smooth it out as well."

Shawn: "Will the rubber isolators work with my cones in the rear? Won't the isolators fall out with the cones?"

John: "Oh you have cones. Yes, then the isolators won't work for you."

Shawn: "What do you suggest?"

John: "I suggest getting rid of the cones and fitting the isolators instead. You use the isolators every day; you use the cones a few times a year. Also, those cones aren't doing anything for you. Those cones are ridiculous. They're more for show than anything."

Shawn: "I'll do some more research and call you back with my order. Thanks for the info. Click."

As I said previously, you called me. I didn't call you. I didn't spam email you. You came to us and asked. So I gave you my opinion. Don't whine like a little baby because you don't like the opinion you asked for. Also, don't lie to try to make your pathetic position sound better than it is. You asked. I replied. You didn't like the reply and whined by starting this thread.

Quote:
Third, I am a former customer of yours, I have bought from you before and just about everyone out there that sells Rover accessories. You were by far the rudest and most opinionated I have come across (yet). EVERYONE else has been more than helpful with my "nine year project." I am sure that there are a few other young companies out there that still have some things to learn about customer service as well, so don't feel bad. Maybe you could use this as a learning experience.

Do you need a list of businesses that have good cutomer service?
If so, send me a private message and I will send it to you.

I was going to be a repeat customer, until you gave me your "opinion." That's reality.
Lie number one was "I didn't ask". You did ask. I answered.

Here we have lie number two. You're an EE customer? That's strange. We have absolutely no record of your purchasing a single thing from EE. There's no "Shawn Palmer" in our customer records. There's no "Bo Palmer" in our customer records. I even looked for your lame ass "Muddy Oval" handle and didn't find anything in our customer records either.

Just what did you buy from EE? Did we sell you those 762's for your hot rod nine-year itch? What did you buy from EE? Please let us know.

Quote:
Actually, I found them locally cheaper. To quote your write up in Land Rover World, "...regardless of make, regardless of price." I guess all items purchased come with your opinionated seal of approval, which is at least worth an extra 10% markup. What a deal!

I will enjoy scraping off the expedition exchange sticker from my Land Rover. It is not fit for such a legacy.

Do everyone on this site a favor, don't attempt a reply to one up me, you have your opinions, I have mine.

I have been a Defender owner since 94 and I knew the answer to my own question, I just wanted to see if you are like everyone says. Do you wanna know something?-- You are!

Next time I am at the Robinson Helicopter factory in Torrance, I will stop by your shop and say hello, as long as you don't insult my outfitting again.

Shawn
Now we have lie number three. So you already knew the solution to your hot rod problem? And you called only to see if I was an asshole?

If you already knew you had the wrong springs, then why did you get sold the wrong springs in the first place? Why did you have to call me and get the solution to your problem, and then buy a third set of springs somewhere else for $10 cheaper?

I think your pathetic initial post and equally pathetic follow-up show, at a minimum, that you're a liar as well as a whiner.

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendy
Umm I disagree but I am my own reality. And I will accept nothing less.

John the trick is to disagree and convince them it was their own idea all along.

For instance " I have never run cones, what benfits have your seen? Do they seem unreasonably noisy? I have heard springs often come unseated, is that your experience? Does the extra articulation sometimes make you feel unstable at incline? So would you like to purchase my retainers with visa or mastercard?"

And in the tenth year his project came into its own and was the envy of all.
Jim, you know all too well that there are certain people want to hear certain answers. You can sense it after the first few seconds of talking to them. A classic example is, "Do I really need HD shafts with my locker?" What answer is this person groping for? It's obvious. Does he really want to hear, "Yes, you need HD shafts"? Of course not.

I discern great satisfaction giving these people my honest opinion rather than telling them what they want to hear. It just happens to be that my honest opinion is never the answer they want to hear. So much the better.
Old October 19th, 2005, 08:05 PM
Eric Siepmann
Eric W. Siepmann
1997 Defender 90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfndr90
Eric,

Did you really have to use the word OPINED. And just when I thought I could come to the d-90 source for a little relaxation and amusement. I feel like I am in a lecture hall again.

Matt...

Actually just thought it amusing that some one actually used it correctly in a sentence.
Sorry Matt. Off the high horse and back to mostly chit chat and lurk.

Don't know where that came from actually. I usually just drop the f bomb now but occassionally my vocabulary creeps thru.
Old October 19th, 2005, 08:19 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
haha good thread
Old October 19th, 2005, 08:43 PM
johnlee
John Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by norros
A few months ago I wanted to purchase a pocket knife. I haven't had a pocket knife since I was like 13 but for some reason I just got a bug up my butt and needed one (you know how it is)... Anyway, I was really impressed with the selection of knives on EE and wanted to order one. Well, the one I wanted wasn't available for 'shipping' only in store purchase. I didn't know 'why' but I asked John ... and he replied with 'just can't.' Well, for a guy like me I'm always searching for new things and I'm the kind of guy who'd like a simple reason, I don't ask for much... seriously. Just tell me why. And mind you I've ordered a BUNCH OF STUFF (Tshirts, EE coffee mugs, Superwinch stuff, MOAB & Bill Burke Videos, Audiopipe Battery terminals, a LUMINOX Watch, uh... wheel chock, Black Diamond Headlamp, and a BUNCH of other stuff...AND on top of that If you look back at some of my posts on the D90 Source I was PRAISING THEM on their content & selection MANY TIMES) so you'd think they'd answer a few simple F_cking questions. But nooooooo... John had to get on his high horse and we went through this email back and forth B.S. for a while and FINALLY I got an answer.
That's pretty funny, Nick. But you conveniently omitted a few things. You and Muddy Oval seem to have selective recall.

For instance, you conveniently omitted the part of the story where you wanted us to sell you a Benchmade automatic. Not just a "pocket knife" as you put it. You wanted an Benchmade automatic/switchblade, which is a restricted item under both California law and federal law.

You claim that you didn't know why we couldn't sell you a Benchmade automatic, but you also conveniently left out the part about our Benchmade page stating very clearly in bold letters:

"This is a restricted item. AFO Automatics are not sold on the Internet and are limited to Shop sales to active military and law enforcement personnel only. If you are not qualified to purchase, please do not even bother trying."

You ignored that called and begged us to sell you an auto. I told you that we couldn't sell you an automatic, and I also gave you the reason. I told you that Benchmade authorized dealers are contractually limited with Benchmade Knife Company to selling Benchmade automatics only to military and police personnel, even if the prospective customer resides in a state in which automatics are legal (and they are in many states). I also told you that we sold the Benchmade Automatics soley for our military and police customers.

You replied that Benchmade automatics were being sold on eBay all the time, so what is the big deal if we sell you an automatic. I replied to you that it's a very big deal for several reasons. For one, it violates our contractual agreement with Benchmade Knife Company. For another, it's against federal law to ship automatics across state lines to non-police and non-military personnel.

You replied that you "wanted to support EE" and please sell you a Benchmade automatic. I said we couldn't and that you should go to eBay if you wanted a Benchmade automatic that badly, which I presume you did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norros
Then, the other day, and I mean the other day (I have the ORIGINAL EMAIL if anyone wants to see), I was inquiring about new products on thier website from JL AUDIO, and the same thing. I asked nicely WHY he couldn't ship to me. And mind you I know they're overpriced, and I know they're in CA so it'll cost me more to ship BUT I figure (well figured) it keeps money in Land Rover Enthusiasts pockets and out of Big Business.

So, he replies with his 'just can't' & my favorite one was 'just accept it' ... and we went through a BUNCH more emails before he simply came out and said why and got off his 'pedestal'... I mean seriously. Go F_ck yourself John. All I asked for was a simple answer, that's all.
Yes, you emailed and asked why the JL Audio power connectors were limited to in-store sales only. Frankly, I didn't feel like going into it with you after what happened with the Benchmade automatic that you wanted us to sell you. If you refused to accept a legal justification for our not selling you a Benchmade automatic, why would you accept a policy reason by JL Audio for prohibiting the internet sale of its products?

Actually, the "BUNCH more emails" between Nick and me are below. They are quoted in full. Read them and you'll see why I really don't care if Nick ceases to be an EE customer or not. Frankly, I'm sick of his sarcasm and his transparent "I want to support EE" and "hey, how you doin buddy?" bullshit. Good riddance he's not coming back.

"-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, October 14, 2005 9:48 AM
To: johnlee@expeditionexchange.com
Subject: JL Audio Equipment

John,

Dude... Why are these limited to in-store sales only ??

Thanks,

Nicholas Orros"

"From: johnlee@expeditionexchange.com [mailto:johnlee@expeditionexchange.com]
Sent: Friday, October 14, 2005 12:49 PM
To: 'Nicholas Orros'
Subject: RE: JL Audio Equipment

Because they are.

John Lee
http://www.ExpeditionExchange.com"

Sent: Friday, October 14, 2005 9:50 AM

Is there any way you can elaborate and get off your high horse for once ?

Others have money too, and remember this is the USA.

N"

Sent: Friday, October 14, 2005 12:51 PM

JL Audio stuff cannot be sold on the web. Itís JL Audioís policy. Just accept it.

John Lee

Sent: Friday, October 14, 2005 11:32 AM

Hmm... really...

http://search.ebay.com/jl-audio_W0QQftsZ0
http://www.pricegrabber.com/search.php?form_keyword=JL+Audio&topcat_id=
http://www.bizrate.com/buy/products_...-11820000.html
http://pcworld.pricegrabber.com/sear...sterid=1137070
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...roductID=11724
http://stores.tomshardware.com/searc...erid=3787398//
http://www.abtelectronics.com/product/18408.html
http://www1.bottomdollar.com/p__JL_A...em,__1137070//

You're a smart guy, but honestly, not that smart.

Have a good one.

N"

Sent: Friday, October 14, 2005 2:54 PM

Yeah, apparently Iím not nearly as smart as you are.

Theyíre not authorized JL Audio dealers and arenít bound by the rules and policies set out by JL Audio. You see Rolex and Omega watches sold on the web all the time, but Rolex and Omega prohibit their dealers from selling on the web. The people selling the Rolex and Omega watches on the web arenít authorized dealers.

Check out:

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/jlaudio_pages.php?page_id=111

Have a good one.

John Lee

Sent: Friday, October 14, 2005 11:59 AM

You're right, most aren't... Now you see, you had to go through all that just to answer a question.

I buy a lot of shit from you guys, I doubt I will in the future, but I've honestly pumped up your company online a lot, purchased numerous times, given you personally praise and all you give me is shit and make me beg for information... Well, don't worry you won't be hearing from me again, and trust me that I won't be praising you guys whatsoever... in fact the opposite.

Have a good one.

N"

From: johnlee@expeditionexchange.com [mailto:johnlee@expeditionexchange.com]
Sent: Friday, October 14, 2005 12:02 PM

Have a good one.

John Lee

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuffer
I know what you mean Nick, I called a few months ago about the Disco Web's "Moab 04" DVD that had been advertised, I think on one of their other DVD's.

John's answer was "you have EE confused with Disco Web" and that he knew nothing about the DVD in question. When I asked how I could find some info on the flick he said "contact Disco Web".

Okay so I go to Disco Web site and see Ho's name there as a contact. I scratched my head for a second, then called EE again. I got John and asked for Ho, he hands the phone to Ho and Ho answered my question.

Got to love it.

There is a difference between opinionated and arrogant. And I agree I do feel a little like I'm on that other website.
No, my answer was that I didn't know when Axel would produce the Moab DVD because Axel is too busy to work on the DVD, and that I had no estimate of when that DVD would be released. Then you showed some attitude my ignorance, that I should know when that DVD would be released. That's when I replied that I don't know when DiscoWeb products would be released because EE and DiscoWeb are separate entities and I'm not involved with DiscoWeb in any way other than EE sells DiscoWeb DVD's as one of our products, and I post on the DiscoWeb BBS.

When you spoke to Ho, I'm guessing that Ho told you the same thing, that he didn't know when Axel would release the Moab DVD. I just asked Ho about his conversation with you, and he said that he doesn't remember talking to you about it. That is not to say that he didn't talk to you. He just said he doesn't remember talking to you about it. But he did say he wouldn't have given you an estimate of when the Moab DVD would be released, because he doesn't know either.

I'm curious though. You claim that Ho answered your question. When is the Moab DVD going to be released? I would like to know myself.
Old October 19th, 2005, 08:44 PM
norros
Nicholas Orros
1995 NAS D90 SW

10-4 there 'chief'

I wasn't going to stoop to the level of printing the email but whatever... You're literally always like this, and I just mentioned a few. You walk around with too much angst... You run an online business, you're there to answer questions not just go off in the mountains all the time and make sushi.

Nicholas Orros

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old October 19th, 2005, 11:22 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Best thread ever!

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Old October 20th, 2005, 12:12 AM
sheki
David Shechter
97' D90 SW 2.8L diesel

I have been trying to stay out of this; however, it has become a personal attack. I know John and I hang out at the shop, yes John is opinionated. Everyone who know John for more than 5 minutes knows he is opinionated. John and Ho run a very good business, they provide products to a community of enthusiasts that would be otherwise tough to find. They carry products that they like, things that they feel confident selling. The EE website is full of information and is a useful resource, the only reason MuddyOval most likely called them was because of all the info on the site. To be honest, I have to agree with Eric, it was rather childish of you (MuddyOval) to start this thread because someone didn't like you cones. You should have posted a thread bad mouthing the company who sold you a set of springs that were not suited for your truck. My best guess is because you probably called a company that doesn't specialize in Rovers and using info from EE's site picked out the springs you thought would work. Because you had no one else to blame other than yourself you didn't bad mouth the shop you bought the springs from. Instead, your thread should have read:
"Help me! I bought springs for my truck, I didn't know what I was doing and now my truck looks like a hot rod muscle car. what should I do?"

John, you opinionated bastard, you're alright in my book.
Old October 20th, 2005, 12:19 AM
shawnpalmer
Shawn Palmer
1997 SW-Arles Blue

Registry
I was speaking to Eric, not you Mike. Your comment actually had some merit.
Anyway, I was wondering if anyone might know a good Rover site that I could buy some chopstix.
I like to do all my shopping in one place, you know. Us simple minded idiots out here can't handle too much at one time.

What's next John Wang, you gonna post a little audio of our conversation so people can see how it really went? You make yourself out to be such a help in your book of a reply you just wrote, but that simply wasn't the case.

You are a penis, and you treat people like shit.

Thanks for stepping up Norros.

Follow-up Post:

By the way, these are the two items that I bought from you. If I would have known I was going to have to save my receipt for evidence, I would have. But, I didn't think that it would ever come down to that.

Bolt-On CB Antenna Bracket (3500090) $30

Hi-Lift Jack Adapter (3500040) $45

97 D90 SW
Old October 20th, 2005, 12:23 AM
Dfndr90
Matt Wunderle
1995 Defender 90

Funny thing is, I have never bought from John at EE. I have called him, and he spent time answering my questions with no attitude what so ever. He could probably sense my ignorance too. I called about what old man emu setup I needed, got some info and was appreciative. I would have bought from him, but shipping from CA would have really put a dampner on things. I am looking at a bunch of small purchases like the convex mirrors and the brass radiator plugs, and maybe even some new washer blades. Gonna have to order those soon to repay the free info that was given to me. Thanks john. Also, I suspect that many owners use the EE sight to read the write ups and gather free information without ever purchasing anything. I say keep up the good work and send me an EE sticker, I will slap it on the 90.

Matt...
Old October 20th, 2005, 12:25 AM
sheki
David Shechter
97' D90 SW 2.8L diesel

Quote:
What's next John Wang...

You are a penis, and you treat people like shit.

Thanks for stepping up Norros.
Just because he made you feel stupid, doesn't mean you have to be a racist. You brought this on yourself, it's ignorant fuckers like you that piss me off! You have to resort to name calling and making fun of, you must of had the shit kicked out of you every day at school. Now your a big man hiding behind your computer safe at home, no kids around to kick sand in your face.

If you hadn't of made that last remark I would have left well enough alone.
Old October 20th, 2005, 12:34 AM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

Whooo, take it easy guys. No need to turn this into pirate or Dweb

Everyone kiss and make up

Follow-up Post:

Oh yeah, no kissing or making up for Pendy. Before you know this midget will start to hump your legs
Old October 20th, 2005, 12:46 AM
shawnpalmer
Shawn Palmer
1997 SW-Arles Blue

Registry
Dear Sheki,
Thanks for your two cents. But, you guessed wrong. I wanted the HD springs in the back because I had a roofrack and occasionally loaded my Rover with a lot of gear and I wanted a level ride when fully loaded. If John Lee would have remembered the conversation correctly, I was asking him about his spacers for the front and I myself even said I was thinking of putting 764's in the rear. You'll see when he posts the audio.
I called them only because of their writeup in the magazine, and to check the prices on their springs and ask about the spacers as an option. When he answered the phone, I explained to him what I currently had, and asked him if the spacers would work with the cones (since they dislocate).

I wanted a cheaper alternative than to replace the springs.

This is when he told me that cones are rediculous and I should get rid of them. I did't ask him about any fucking cones.
Like I said before,
the cones are not what make the truck unlevel. So why did he even say this? Becuase, just like you said, he is an opinionated bastard.
If Rovers North would have had information about spacers on their website, I would have called them.
I didn't even check there, I just ordered new springs (764's) from someone else locally and said screw it.

97 D90 SW
Old October 20th, 2005, 12:52 AM
pendy
jim pendleton
89'd90

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlee
Jim, you know all too well that there are certain people want to hear certain answers. You can sense it after the first few seconds of talking to them. A classic example is, "Do I really need HD shafts with my locker?" What answer is this person groping for? It's obvious. Does he really want to hear, "Yes, you need HD shafts"? Of course not.

I discern great satisfaction giving these people my honest opinion rather than telling them what they want to hear. It just happens to be that my honest opinion is never the answer they want to hear. So much the better.
I aspire to your level. But at this point I allow most to bully me around.
Although I dance a good soft shoe, until I don't.

Still though. I have to wonder if there isn't a level beyond both you and I. One where you can disagree with the customer adamently or even tell them exactly what they do not want to hear. And they accept it and move on gracefully because of their respect for you. And this takes place with the complete newbies to the seasoned vets. Every customer good and bad. Even the never were customers.

The internet spreads discontent like the plague. The most uninformed opinion carries its own weight just like a published research paper, it seems. So one has to be careful how many and how hard with regard to stepping on toes. I admire your zeal to take up for yourself and your ideals but worry about your public image. Other good people and/or customers can take a poor opinion of you for unsubstantiated reasons.

I realize you did not start this banter and only checked in to take up for yourself. But you could have difussed it./?

Advice is only as good as the person applying it--
Don't make me give you bad advice!

Lemons or lemonaide, whatever your taste provides.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
expedition