Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old March 7th, 2009, 11:08 AM
Overland90
Chris
95/D90 #169; Aston Martin

Registry
Expedition Exchange

Could you folks give me a rating for Expedition Exchange?

http://www.expeditionexchange.com/

Are they customer friendly?

Do they "down speak" to you...have run into that a few times especially the "ever so cool" expiditioners in California.

They're located near me and I was making a special trip to view their fancy gadgets...but don't wan't the attitude...if you know what I mean.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 7th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Bozman
Greg
1991 200tdi D90

Registry
You will probably get mixed reviews about them. I think they are great and I have had good success with them on all levels, communication, customer service, shipping etc.

That being said, I have heard some people say that they are sometimes opinionated about their beliefs, and offer advice that is often based on preference, or belief. This tends to alienate some people who don't share their beliefs.
Old March 7th, 2009, 11:16 AM
MEUSOC
BRYAN
NAS 110, 95 ST

Great outfit! Keeper of the green flame! They always have some event going on. (focused on food in the field typically) Great products and great customer service.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 7th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Overland90
Chris

Registry
I'm not saying that I've also heard "things"...just that they are very opinionated.

My thing is that i'm pulling up in my stock d90 only to be told I need ARB lockers with old manz 3"er and a new 12,000# Husky and I am a lesser man until I slap down $6K for it.

Attitudes abound in CA...and I avoid them and their businesses at all cost. And I've lived here my entire life.

Rovers North is always good...but sometimes you just want to touch it and see it's application before you buy it...
Old March 7th, 2009, 12:17 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

I would head in... if the act like asses or talk down to you, tell'm to F*ck Off and walk out.

Old March 7th, 2009, 12:25 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overland90
I'm not saying that I've also heard "things"...just that they are very opinionated.

My thing is that i'm pulling up in my stock d90 only to be told I need ARB lockers with old manz 3"er and a new 12,000# Husky and I am a lesser man until I slap down $6K for it.

Attitudes abound in CA...and I avoid them and their businesses at all cost. And I've lived here my entire life.

Rovers North is always good...but sometimes you just want to touch it and see it's application before you buy it...
Please drive a little further and go see Eddie at West Coast Rovers. Tell him I sent you. He can get every gadget you want, except for the extra stupid ones. At better prices, and he is not the "Rover gormet coffee type". Plus, he's a full service shop so if you need anything tinkered with, he will do it at a good price. I have nothing against EE at all. But I have an allergic reaction to the "it has to be done this way" attitude that seems to follow them around.

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Old March 7th, 2009, 12:45 PM
Overland90
Chris

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckon37s
Please drive a little further and go see Eddie at West Coast Rovers. Tell him I sent you. He can get every gadget you want, except for the extra stupid ones. At better prices, and he is not the "Rover gormet coffee type". Plus, he's a full service shop so if you need anything tinkered with, he will do it at a good price. I have nothing against EE at all. But I have an allergic reaction to the "it has to be done this way" attitude that seems to follow them around.
Right on...will do!
Old March 7th, 2009, 01:29 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

It sounds like you made your mind up about EE well before you posted in this thread.

Quote:
They're located near me and I was making a special trip to view their fancy gadgets...but don't wan't the attitude...if you know what I mean.
Are you asking for information on EE or is this post just an excuse to bash?

Do you want to build a nice truck or do you want to slap on whatever anybody sells you?
Old March 7th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris snell
Do you want to build a nice truck or do you want to slap on whatever anybody sells you?
I think you just perfectly summed up the attitude he is trying to avoid.

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old March 7th, 2009, 02:43 PM
NashvilleRover
Dendy Jarrett
2009 LR3- Well Built

I have had nothing but great success with EE and have ordered probably $600.00 worth from them in the last 15 months.
That said, they never approved my request to join their forum over at EE.com.

Not sure what that is about.

Dendy
Old March 7th, 2009, 03:11 PM
shawnpalmer
Shawn Palmer
1997 SW-Arles Blue

Registry
Not a fan.

View Legendary Thread Here

In this thread they drag me down to their level and beat me with stupidity. It was a finer moment for both parties.

97 D90 SW
Old March 7th, 2009, 03:53 PM
pendy
jim pendleton
89'd90

Here is some advice. For what it is worth.

Be true to yourself. If you are comfortable in your own shoes, when others impose themselves and their ideals on you, you can greet it without duress.

What EE fosters for their customer base may not be your cup of tea. But they still have a lot of experience with good product support in this arena.

I like them alright, EE, and use them from time to time. Sometimes we take offense too easily. Try to keep an open mind and pay attention to what they are saying and not how.

Of course if there was reason I am sure it would be great to do business with Ed at West coast Rovers as well. If Buck has had good luck with them I am sure they are good people.

But if you want to just start a pissing match for all of our amusement. I like that too.

JP

Send EE your old wore out craftsmen tools and tell them in a note you replaced them with Snap On and knew they would have better use of the old tools LOL

(sp)corrections

Advice is only as good as the person applying it--
Don't make me give you bad advice!

Lemons or lemonaide, whatever your taste provides.
Old March 7th, 2009, 04:08 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendy
Here is some advice. For what it is worth.

Be true to yourself. If you are comfortable in your own shoes, when others impose themselves and their ideals on you, you can greet it without duress.

What EE fosters for their customer base may not be your cup of tea. But they still have a lot of experience with good product support in this arena.

I like them alright, EE, and use them from time to time. Try to keep an open mind and pay attention to what they are saying and not how.

Of course if there was reason I am sure it would be great to do business with Ed at West coast Rovers as well. If Buck has had good luck with them I am sure they are good people.

But if you want to just start a pissing match for all of our amusement. I like that too.

JP

Send EE your old wore out craftsmen tools and tell them in a note you replaced them with Snap On and knew they would have better use of the old tools LOL

(sp)corrections
Even after knowing you for years, your oddness still amazes me.

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old March 7th, 2009, 04:20 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Chris, EE is not Atlantic British. They don't sell everything. They sell a carefully-selected set of products that they know well and have tested in the field. Many people here will complain about EE's attitude. I've noticed that these complaints are usually the result of a failed attempt at self-affirmation. In Shawn's case, he called EE with the expectation that they would tell him that cones are fine and that they would sell him what he wanted. Instead, he got honest an honest opinion and it wasn't what he wanted to hear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnpalmer
Although honest, I didn't really appreciate his input on my modifications.
You see, Shawn wasn't looking for EE's input. He just wanted to feel good about his decisions. He wanted reaffirmation. He mistook one of EE's principal value-adds (educated opinions) for a personal slight and got all tweaked-out about it.

You don't have to agree with anything that John and Ho say but to ask their opinion and bash them when you don't hear what you wanted to hear, is bullshit.
Old March 7th, 2009, 04:27 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
They've got their market nailed down - they're very attuned to "lifestyle" so-cal off-roading - and that's great. I've had a run-in with John, but I don't really care about that kind of stuff, so it just rolls off my back - and I've bought plenty of stuff from them since. They're of course not a bona-fide spare parts place like AB or RDS, but they do carry a very eclectic stock, market and support their products well. I'm glad there are vendors like them around and I support them from time to time. Its worth a trip by the shop just to see the G4 Rangie, John's "shrine to order" D90, and the goodies they sell.

Plus, ethically speaking, I'm quite sure they've never sent another vendors product off-shore to have it copied for a lower price. Charlatans I can't deal with, but characters are fine.

Old March 7th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris snell
Chris, EE is not Atlantic British. They don't sell everything. They sell a carefully-selected set of products that they know well and have tested in the field. Many people here will complain about EE's attitude. I've noticed that these complaints are usually the result of a failed attempt at self-affirmation. In Shawn's case, he called EE with the expectation that they would tell him that cones are fine and that they would sell him what he wanted. Instead, he got honest an honest opinion and it wasn't what he wanted to hear.

You see, Shawn wasn't looking for EE's input. He just wanted to feel good about his decisions. He wanted reaffirmation. He mistook one of EE's principal value-adds (educated opinions) for a personal slight and got all tweaked-out about it.

You don't have to agree with anything that John and Ho say but to ask their opinion and bash them when you don't hear what you wanted to hear, is bullshit.
You know what that would sound like if you had to say it instead of type it?

Garrrgle gargggllee. Arrggglleegaagaa. Slluuurrpss eggglgaalaa.
Oh boy, this should get it going....

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old March 7th, 2009, 05:10 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I've bought a ton of stuff from them. Never spoken to anyone just do a web order and they ship the next day.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Old March 7th, 2009, 05:53 PM
Bozman
Greg
1991 200tdi D90

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by pendy

ROFL!
Old March 7th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Cirbo
Jim C.
None

Pendy and Buck... Pendy and Buck..... Pendy and Buck..... Oh.... and Cheney too!!!! Smart guys.... all three..... mmm More coffee!
Old March 7th, 2009, 06:25 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Oh don't get me involved - I'm a "moderator" so I'm being moderate.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
expedition