Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old March 7th, 2009, 06:27 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC

Registry
Just my $ 0.02

I have ordered parts from EE ( not many ) always over the phone and received excellent treatment.
If anyone wants to tell you something you don't want to hear in a respectfull manner so be it, if it is in the opposite way you always have 2 options.

A - seek satisfaction but telling them off
B - take your business somewhere else.

And at the end, the point has proven itself here on the prior posts.

A bunch will jump in and tell you what a moron you are for not listenning to the recommendations/criticism given to you abruptly, and another equal bunch will encourage you to not waste your time expossing yourself to it and go somewhere else.
Advertisement

Old March 7th, 2009, 07:15 PM
shawnpalmer
Shawn Palmer
1997 SW-Arles Blue

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckon37s
You know what that would sound like if you had to say it instead of type it?

Garrrgle gargggllee. Arrggglleegaagaa. Slluuurrpss eggglgaalaa.
Oh boy, this should get it going....

That was some damn funny shit right there!

Follow-up Post:

EE will need a cigarette after that knob slobbin.
Just to be sure we stay on topic here I will happily take the survey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overland90
Could you folks give me a rating for Expedition Exchange?

I give them about a 2/10. Only because Ho is probably an okay guy.

Are they customer friendly?

Based on my experience, not really.

Do they "down speak" to you...have run into that a few times especially the "ever so cool" expiditioners in California.

Yes, they did speak down to me, but only after I asked a question.

They're located near me and I was making a special trip to view their fancy gadgets...but don't wan't the attitude...if you know what I mean.
They have a great website filled with information, I don't want or need to go down there to speak with anyone personally after the way I was treated.

97 D90 SW
Old March 7th, 2009, 07:26 PM
Cred
Clarence
1994 D90 #1057

Registry
Quote:
You know what that would sound like if you had to say it instead of type it?

Garrrgle gargggllee. Arrggglleegaagaa. Slluuurrpss eggglgaalaa.
Oh boy, this should get it going....
Now that's funny!
+1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 7th, 2009, 07:43 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnpalmer
That was some damn funny shit right there!
Yes, Shawn, hop on the ad hominem bandwagon with the rest of your buddies. If you can't refute with logic, start calling names, right? Yes, that's par for the course for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnpalmer
What's next John Wang, you gonna post a little audio of our conversation so people can see how it really went?
Your "rediculous" thread speaks for itself and will forever remain a D-90 Source classic in our minds.

If you want to post a legitimate rebuttal, free of logical fallacy, bring it.
Old March 7th, 2009, 09:48 PM
Oxcart13
Mark M
D110

I've always had excellent customer service.

They've never talked down to me.

If you are close by, then go see them. If they give you attitude then leave. You can find out for yourself, or listen to other peoples opinions. I know what I'd do.
Old March 7th, 2009, 10:27 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
Ive bought some stuff from them, they've always been nice and have been a part of this community for a long while. I can generally find everything they have on their site for less. I am also trying to reduce my carbon foot-print, shipping springs or chopsticks across the USA doesn't make sense. They eat gourmet food on the trail, Im drinking cheap beer eating PB&J and Vienna. If I need lights there's Susquehanna in PA, if I need Rockware I call Rockware, if I need steering I call RT if I need parts I call RN or George. If I need camping stuff I call Mgear or see my local outfitter. I really like their website, one of the best in the business. There are a plenty of other places to get all the stuff they sell.
Old March 8th, 2009, 01:30 AM
Overland90
Chris
95/D90 #169; Aston Martin

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris snell
It sounds like you made your mind up about EE well before you posted in this thread.

Are you asking for information on EE or is this post just an excuse to bash?

Do you want to build a nice truck or do you want to slap on whatever anybody sells you?
Chris...I have never had any experience w/ EE. I have talked w/ a fellow d90 board member who stated that EE guys really helped him out in a pinch...

In the same discussion, I was told however, they were hard-core and often made you feel less than a man if you had not laid out the monies for the full "Overlander" outfit.

No one has swayed me either way, however, Rover parts and the west coast are a rare breed and you have to really search for a retail outlet with an inventory of parts other than LR Tire covers w/ elephants...(now I'm not bashing elephants...just want more of a choice).

Anyways...I appreciate the feedback both good and bad.

I trust someone with Buck's experience as I see him as a unique platform w/ his expertise and off-road experience...tx Buck.

I also really respect Jimc and his input as well.
Old March 8th, 2009, 09:28 AM
Red90
John B.
1991 Defender 90, 200TDI
Site Team

Registry
I for Christ's sake. Make up your own mind about people. If you want to know what they are like, go see them and form your own opinion. This sounds like Kindergarten or a gossip convention.
Old March 8th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Overland90
Chris

Registry
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red90
I for Christ's sake. Make up your own mind about people. If you want to know what they are like, go see them and form your own opinion. This sounds like Kindergarten or a gossip convention.
Well, I guess that sums it up.

Thanks for all your feedback...good, bad, biased, unbiased, black, white , "yellow"...you guys are great!

While we read the feedback...my wife and I were laughing at most of the feedback...

By all your feedback, here's what I'de say about EE:
  1. have a great selection for specific needs
  2. Is very knowledgable
  3. Has a customer service level of 2 out of 10...The Anti-Nordstrom...not to be confused with "anit-christ"
  4. Their particular on who they allow on their "forum"...are they racist? (Sorry that's another question for later)
  5. Is run by some "non-caucasions." By the sir names, I would say their probably not Irish either (A strike against them).
  6. Shawn won't be darking their website anytime soon!
  7. Buck says "bypass them altogether" and see the competition 30 miles away.
  8. They could use an Image consutant to improve their marketing.
Again, my most sincere appreciation for all the feedback and honesty. I can always count on that from you guys.

I owe all of you good, bad, racists or indifferent a Pint of Irish Guiness. Let me know when you're in Los Angeles...I'm buying...we'll meet in the EE parking lot and smash empties.

You guys are awesome!
Old March 8th, 2009, 02:20 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overland90
[*]Buck says "bypass them altogether" and see the competition 30 miles away.
Not exactly. I just want you to check out Eddies shop. I don't know anything about EE so go there and check them out. Then check out West Coast Rovers. He doesn't carry everything EE does. But I can guarantee what he does carry, is cheaper.

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Old March 8th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Overland90
Chris

Registry
Quote:
Not exactly. I just want you to check out Eddies shop. I don't know anything about EE so go there and check them out. Then check out West Coast Rovers. He doesn't carry everything EE does. But I can guarantee what he does carry, is cheaper.
I'll take heed and see both...coulda saved a whole lot of time and feedback by doing just that. My mother (god rest her soul) always told me "don't ask questions 'cause you'll end up looking stupid" I can honestly say this is the first time I agreee with her!
Old March 8th, 2009, 02:28 PM
JFD
Julien Dalbin
05 Tdi 90

Seeing this from outside, this thread is a little difficult to understand.
All you guys inside continental US should be aware of the
luck to have all this vendors of LR stuff around you.
Next day shipping, good prices, diversity, advices on the
phone...

Differences beetween those vendors is a plus, not a defect.
You guys should give yourselves a break.

Old March 8th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Overland90
Chris

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFD
Seeing this from outside, this thread is a little difficult to understand.
All you guys inside continental US should be aware of the
luck to have all this vendors of LR stuff around you.
Next day shipping, good prices, diversity, advices on the
phone...

Differences beetween those vendors is a plus, not a defect.
You guys should give yourselves a break.

I respect what your saying!

Si... I'm a spoiled gringo.
Old March 9th, 2009, 12:25 AM
D90DRC
D Cantrell
1997 D90SW

Ive known John Lee and Ho Chung since there operation was literally in a closet. John comes off sometimes as pompous arrogant and condescending little prick. And that's his best qualities (Previous LA Lawyer)....

They are a VERY honest company and Johns product reviews are spot on and one of the few Land Rover vendors I trust and respect.

Their business model is more about the outfitting your rig for the ultimate expedition experience. Ther not really a Land Rover Parts Supplier. I use Rovers North and Rovers Down South for that

Its not bargain basement stuff there pimping more like the best you can buy... There are cheaper and lower quality alternative but that's not there niche

I have bought from them many times for many years and I will again

Just my 2 cents
Old March 9th, 2009, 12:34 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendy
Here is some advice. For what it is worth.

Be true to yourself. If you are comfortable in your own shoes, when others impose themselves and their ideals on you, you can greet it without duress. Try to keep an open mind and pay attention to what they are saying and not how.
But if you want to just start a pissing match for all of our amusement. I like that too.

JP

Send EE your old wore out craftsmen tools and tell them in a note you replaced them with Snap On and knew they would have better use of the old tools LOL

(sp)corrections
Classic JP ! There's a guy named Buckwheat here in Md looking for you....he's comfortable in his own shoes.

No one has commented on getting a shot of your Omega included in the action photo's.

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC
Plus, ethically speaking, I'm quite sure they've never sent another vendors product off-shore to have it copied for a lower price. Characters I can deal with, charlatans no.
Excellent point- I hope no one ever forgets that
incident

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Old March 9th, 2009, 10:41 AM
bharris
Brad Harris
1994 d90 300tdi "Nola"

man... after all that I had to double check that I wasn't on discoweb
Old March 9th, 2009, 11:05 AM
pendy
jim pendleton
89'd90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryland 110
Classic JP ! There's a guy named Buckwheat here in Md looking for you....he's comfortable in his own shoes.

No one has commented on getting a shot of your Omega included in the action photo's.
t

Seems like he wasn't when I called him buckwheat? Got downright offended, he did!

Omega watch? Thats good-

Advice is only as good as the person applying it--
Don't make me give you bad advice!

Lemons or lemonaide, whatever your taste provides.
Old March 9th, 2009, 11:29 AM
discotdi
Todd Miller
Land Rover

EE has always been straight and honest with me. But they are a bit " my way or the highway". Their products, reviews, and customer service are spot on though. They believe in and use what they sell and they will tell you so. I find their prices to be in line or less than other vendors selling the exact same product. They have given me useful advice but also I know they don't believe in diesel conversions etc so I don't discuss that sort of thing with them. They are not " wrench it" in the back yard kinda guys.

BTW who is shipping parts overseas for cheap copies? Don't want to do business with a Company that is selling cheap knock off stuff.
Old March 9th, 2009, 12:35 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by discotdi
BTW who is shipping parts overseas for cheap copies? Don't want to do business with a Company that is selling cheap knock off stuff.
That would be Rovers North. They stopped selling Badgers so they could sell cheaper knock-offs for the same money. Legend has it they actually sent a Badger out to be copied, but of course that's hard to know...

Old March 9th, 2009, 04:00 PM
discotdi
Todd Miller
Land Rover

Wow thanks for the info. I would not have thought RN would do something like that since they preach the Genuine parts serman.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
expedition