Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old August 1st, 2013, 11:58 AM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Are the rivets just pulling through the top when the hooks snap?
Yes, it generates a lot of force. Too much. The longer straps should solve this. The design of the MeshTop-UV surrey is a home run and I am happy with the product. It is exactly what I was holding out for.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	76779  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 1st, 2013, 12:49 PM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

straps

Russell,
That is exactly how mine all look. Did you have to send them a pic (and can you PM me who you talked to) so I can get mine replaced.
Clay

Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
Yes, it generates a lot of force. Too much. The longer straps should solve this. The design of the MeshTop-UV surrey is a home run and I am happy with the product. It is exactly what I was holding out for.
Old August 1st, 2013, 01:17 PM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
I emailed the same pictures posted here to my place of purchase (only). Took all of a few minutes. The vendor welcomed the feedback, was super appreciative saying it was crucial to improving the design, and pulled the parent ET in for assistance as well. Easy fix. It will get sorted. All I can recommend is go back to your vendor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 11th, 2015, 01:38 PM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
Seeing two mesh tops for sale -- both look to be the two panel surrey (A-B pillar and B-C pillar), but one with side panels, figured it is time to update my experience with the one panel surrey (A to C pillar).
It took a few months, but with US distributer support, Exmor UK shipped the replacement grommets and longer straps. While the longer straps should work fine, I continue to use a rope around the padded parts of the NAS cage and the original straps around the cage over the doors. The rope does not compress the NAS foam.
The mesh fabric is a great product and material. It blocks the heat, direct sun, and rain yet still allows light through so you retain that open air feeling as if you were running with no top. The bonus is the mesh allows just enough air through that keeps the top from buffeting. No buffeting = quiet ride. I like it so much that my Badger top remains folded in a box nearly two years later.
Word of caution -- water will drip on your head with two piece surrey. Rain from the first panel hits the B pillar and drops straight down. The one piece surrey is continuous over the B pillar.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Defender at Flagpole Meadow.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	115853  
Old March 11th, 2015, 05:52 PM
airbornrover
William Skidmore
SIII 109 SW

I found that if there is water sitting on top of the mesh while moving and you get the right vibration or bounce that the water will come through the mesh.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags