Exmoor Trim seats - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old December 12th, 2003, 12:44 PM
loykd
Ken Loy
1994 Portofino Red ST

Exmoor Trim seats

Does anyone have the Modular Seats from Exmoor Trim (about 155BP, minus VAT)?
http://www.exmoortrim.co.uk/90110front.htm

or the DIY trim kits (about 60BP, minus VAT)?
http://www.exmoortrim.co.uk/diy.htm

They advertise that the trim kits make the seats new, just like the original LR seats and can be ordered with replacement foam.

The Modular Seats are advertised as more comfortable than the stock ones.

I've been trying to get a hold of them to find out pricing/shipping and to see if they'll fit NAS. Not too responsive though.

If anyone knows about them, or would be interested in them, perhaps we could do a group buy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 12th, 2003, 12:54 PM
Eric Siepmann
Eric W. Siepmann
1997 Defender 90 SW

Ken,

FWIW, I just ordered a pair of Badger Coachworks seat covers and drop curtain for the SW. During the conversation with them, they mentioned that they had just installed Exmoor seats in a customers D-90 and were very impressed with them . He was going to call them and ask a few questions about the foam, materials, etc. Give Badger a call and get their impression firsthand. Post the results as my Tickford seats are starting to get a little shady.
Old December 12th, 2003, 01:24 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

At that price you are at $258 before shipping and to get it over here would be expensive. At that rate you should really consider getting the Mastercraft seats. Custom made to your order. Here is a pic of mine, thery are arguably the best you can get.

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 12th, 2003, 02:25 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Here is the pic.
Attached Images

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old December 12th, 2003, 02:33 PM
loykd
Ken Loy
1994 Portofino Red ST

Dave, I've seen those before. The only thought I had about the Exmoor seats was that they'd be a direct replacement for the OEM seats, with easy access to the seat boxes. I'll let the board know what I find out about shipping costs and price for the seats. The replacement foam may be a good deal though...
Old December 12th, 2003, 02:42 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
Why has no one used Recaro or Sparco seats? I think they are more appealing to the eye than the Mastercraft however I have only sat in the Recaro's...
Old December 12th, 2003, 02:47 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

FYI Mastercraft makes an option with a removeable seat cushon for access to the battery box. SG also makes quick disconnects. I make my own for $9. The fit is very nice. Here's another pic just to spread holliday cheer
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	brittany.jpg
Views:	544
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	190  

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old December 12th, 2003, 03:08 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
Old December 12th, 2003, 09:24 PM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Thanks, I needed that.

Randy
Old December 14th, 2003, 01:23 PM
dmarchand
David Marchand
'97 D90 SW Arles

Registry
Atlantic British is carrying the exmoor retrim and full seat options, but it seems only for their leather XS style seats.

Pricey. But I like them.

Old January 5th, 2004, 04:11 PM
dmarchand
David Marchand
'97 D90 SW Arles

Registry
Ken, did you do anything yet about the seats? I was considering going with a retrim kit, maybe XS style, since I live so close to Badger, I figured they could do the work on it.

Old January 5th, 2004, 04:56 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
I would really like a pair of those forward facing highback folding rear seats. More comfortable and safer looking than the bench, and they stash nicely up on the wheel well which frees up the loadspace. I'd do a re-trim at the same time and have matching front and backs. I just wish you could get them with the orignal LR twill-look vinyl.
Old January 5th, 2004, 06:17 PM
loykd
Ken Loy
1994 Portofino Red ST

Dave, I've called and emailed Exmoor a few times. They don't win any awards for customer service. They say that they're in the middle of moving. I also talked with AB a while back, and they were checking with Exmoor. Apparently Exmoor doesn't reply to vendors any better than customers. I'll give another call tomorrow and will let you know. Those XS seats would look great in your truck! I've got plenty of other projects to keep me busy, so I haven't been pursuing too aggressively.

Jim, Isn't that Denim Twill (item L on the "Trim Range" page) the same as the original LR seats? I'll ask about that too (If I ever get a hold of them.)
Old January 5th, 2004, 11:18 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
I got the impression that the Denim Twill was actually denim twill. Not that denim twill would be a bad fabric for Defender seats, but I really like the waterproof stain resistant vinyl.
Old January 6th, 2004, 03:09 AM
wicks
Wicks
97 Defender LE SW #44

Where can I order one of those britneys?
Old January 6th, 2004, 11:57 AM
loykd
Ken Loy
1994 Portofino Red ST

Spoke with Exmoor Trim in UK and here are the prices (excluding shipping to the US)

Modular Seats (complete replacements for current seats with integral headrests) $885 / pair for XS leather; $683 for techno cloth; $660 for denim twill. The website talks about sending your seats back to the manufacturer, but I think what she said was that it wouldn't be required for sales here if you could use your current runners. If you need replacement runners, it would be about another $180.

DIY Trim Kits:
Denim Vinyl $147/seat, including replacement foam. Foam costs about $68 and you could buy the trim kit replacing just the foam that you need.
XS Trim $202/seat, including replacement foam. Cloth center, leather seat sides, vinyl sides of the seat and back, back pocket.
Lumbar support $61

Front Facing, fold-down rear seats $187/seat in denim vinyl

She said that in the case of the DIY kits, it's the same seat that goes into UK Defenders. For someone in the UK, do you think that seats are any more comfortable in today's production trucks than our old '94-97s? In other words, is replacement foam worth buying?

Some of you know the cost of shipping better than me, but she suggested that for just the DIY kits, the cost would be about $200.

She would be willing to do a group price if others want to put something together.

I'm not advocating these seats. It's not a high priority for me, just another thing on the "to-buy" list. But if others are also interested, I'd be willing to organize the buy. AB offers these products too, and you get the benefit of them dealing with the shipping and making sure you get all the right bits and pieces. Of course, you also pay for that service.

Interested in hearing your thoughts.
Old January 6th, 2004, 11:59 AM
dmarchand
David Marchand
'97 D90 SW Arles

Registry
I wonder for the DIY trim kits, if these accomodate the seats we have (meaning with adjustable headrest), or if they are for the UK type seat without adjustable headrest. It seems like their are two different kinds of seats. Anyone know the answer?

Thanks for the info Ken. It appears with a shipping cost like that, that the AB seats are almost the same price.

Wicks, now that her wedding is anulled, I think their is plenty of room to step in. I'd be happy being the guy "married" to her for 24 hours...

Old January 6th, 2004, 12:22 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
our headrests are adjustable? I cant get mine to budge.
Old January 6th, 2004, 01:08 PM
loykd
Ken Loy
1994 Portofino Red ST

Dave, checking on the headrest differences. "May" hear back tomorrow.

I agree that it's not that much cheaper than AB, unless we do a group rate and single shipment. Even better would be to ship in a container that someone is bringing over. Know of anyone?

Saw a funny skit on Conan last nite about Brittany...
Old January 6th, 2004, 09:45 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
If you organize a shipment, consider me in. I would want not only re-trim, but the rear seats if possible.

So the Denim Twill is actually vinyl? Excellent.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
exmoor, seats