Matt Hurst

i would be in on a group buy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 7th, 2004, 01:10 AM
dnewman9
Dennis Newman
*SOLD*Conniston 97 NAS 90

I am going to need to recover at a minimum my front seats in a 97 and I would also like to do the rear jump seats at the same time. I am in for a group buy if it works.
Old January 7th, 2004, 01:02 PM
loykd
Ken Loy
1994 Portofino Red ST

Exmoor could do NAS style headrests.

Any others interested? I'm working on shipping options and costs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 7th, 2004, 01:35 PM
dmarchand
David Marchand
'97 D90 SW Arles

Registry
Count me in for a set of front seats (DIY Re-trim).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old January 7th, 2004, 02:02 PM
Quimbola
Josh
1994 #1695 Not stock.

Denim twill is like the vinyl? I.E. Waterproof? If so I would be in for a set of front seats.
Old January 9th, 2004, 02:15 PM
loykd
Ken Loy
1994 Portofino Red ST

As a matter of update: I'm checking into shipping options. The best way that I've been able to find is to use a freight forwarding company and have them put into a container to send to the US. From there, I'd arrange for shipment to you. I think that another way to reduce shipping costs would be to open up the shipment of other goods that you might want shipped from England. You'd just have to deliver to the port. I'm waiting for a second quote right now.

Does anyone else have experience with shipping from UK? Any other tips?

For those of you interested in the seats, you may want to call or fax Exmoor about your specific order, and get some part numbers together. We'll work in a group discount once we get the whole order together, and figure out shipping as well. Suggest you not email them since their email isn't very reliable.

Would anyone else be interested in putting things into the container if we go that route? It would be especially easy for DC area residents.

Will post again on Monday or Tues with more info.
Old January 9th, 2004, 03:42 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Slow and/or convoluted shipping doesnt bother me at all. Please let me know if I can assist in any way.
Old January 9th, 2004, 04:09 PM
dmarchand
David Marchand
'97 D90 SW Arles

Registry
Thanks for doing the legwork on this Ken.

The only method for shipping would be to contact a reguler importer who can brings over containers and would handle the paperwork. I think some of the UK retailers that regularly send things here do this. But I don't have any names at the moment.

Old January 9th, 2004, 06:40 PM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Ken I sent you an email

Randy
Old January 12th, 2004, 04:01 AM
boshea
Brian OShea
1995 Defender 90 ST

Ken,

Do you know if the re-trim kit for the front seats include the black vinyl sides? I spoke with George at RoversDownSouth and he sells the re-trim kits in solid grey. I am trying to keep the vehicle as stock as I can. If the seats include the black vinyl siding...I'm in too. Can I order just one...or are they sold as a pair?

Thanks,
Brian
Old January 12th, 2004, 11:33 AM
loykd
Ken Loy
1994 Portofino Red ST

Brian, Did you check the Exmoor Trim website? http://www.exmoortrim.co.uk/diy.htm

From the pics, it looks like they're just like the original. Check the "Trim Range" and "Prices" link on the left of their webpage. It looks to me like the Denim Twill (dark gray vinyl) is the same as what's in my truck, but that's just from looking at the pics.

You might want to call the company and ask them directly, since I don't know much more than what's on the website. It does look like they sell single DIY kits, though. It's just the Modular seats that come in pairs.

Anyone need anything shipped to Baltimore from England by container?
Old January 12th, 2004, 12:22 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Ken I was talking to Jimmy from MAR and he said that he has friends in the UK that may be able to help.
Old January 12th, 2004, 06:23 PM
loykd
Ken Loy
1994 Portofino Red ST

I got shipping estimates from a few sources, and being the cheap bastard that I am, I think I've found a "relatively" inexpensive (although perhaps slow) option. Fortunately, it sounds like no one is in too much of a hurry. Shipping costs will be between $75-100 for two front seat DIY kits, to Baltimore, plus UPS/FedEx to your house/work. That includes customs costs. My thought would be that we'd share the cost of shipment, so it's hard to say exactly what the total will be. I rounded up, and hopefully, it will be less. Of course, we'll figure out a fair method of sharing all the costs.

Please contact Caroline at Exmoor Trim and figure out exactly what you want. My hope is that she'll package and then deliver to Bristol for ocean shipment to the US. Suggest you telephone (011 44 1984 635060) rather than email. Fax number listed on their website didn't work for me tonite, unfortunately. Look at the "Prices" tab on their web page to see how you can get any mixture of seat foams and fabric.

By my count, I see:
-Jim Cheney, Retrim Kit & Rear Seats
-Matt Hurst, Retrim Kit
-Dennis Newman, Retrim Kit, Front and rear jump seats
-Dave Marchand, Retrim Kit
-Josh, Retrim Kit
-Brian Oshea, Retrim Kit

Who else? The more who buy in, the better the costs.

If any of this sounds off base, let me know. First time doing it, and I'm just as concerned about getting a fair deal as you.

Please email me off list and we'll get this thing rolling. Shipping time is about 3 weeks. If we can't get the order together by Thursday or so, I think we'll have to either go for a more expensive door-to-door service, or wait for delivery to you in the beginning of Mar.
Old January 14th, 2004, 02:09 PM
loykd
Ken Loy
1994 Portofino Red ST

Have heard from a few of you. Thanks for the feedback. I know that the biggest concerns here are exchange rate and shipping costs. Can't do much about the former, but we can do something about the latter.

Let me suggest that everyone looks on the Exmoor website or call/fax them (fax works ok now). Put together your order, but don't purchase just yet. Once we get all the orders together, we'll get a good quote for shipping. I could also look into bundling with someone else who might be bringing over a container or something else Yankee-cheap. Shipping costs are based on size and weight, so if you get just the trim kits, shipping cost should be a lot less than what I stated before.

Doesn't sound like anyone is in a hurry, so if you don't mind waiting a bit while I work out the shipping details.

Need to hear from everyone who's interested and to get your parts lists together, hopefully by the end of next week.
Old May 14th, 2004, 11:16 AM
loykd
Ken Loy
1994 Portofino Red ST

For a variety of reasons, we decided to delay on this purchase. If you're interested, please email me and I'll give you specifics of what we're doing and the costs. Placing the order and hopefully shipping next week for delivery in about a month or so
Old May 21st, 2004, 02:17 PM
jbird
Justin Bird
94 D-90 ST

Ken - left you a voicemail. Please give me a call to discuss whether there is still room for additional orders. Thanks.
Old August 12th, 2004, 12:35 PM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Ken, will you ever be ordering a shipment from them?
Old August 12th, 2004, 12:49 PM
loykd
Ken Loy
1994 Portofino Red ST

Did it. I'll be picking up the truck on Sat and can talk to you then. I might have an idea for you if you're interested in the really cool LR logo fabric.
Old August 20th, 2005, 05:15 AM
boshea
Brian OShea
1995 Defender 90 ST

Did you guys ever place an Exmoor order? Do they still carry the techno-cloth fabric?

thanks,
Brian

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
exmoor, seats