Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old June 4th, 2013, 05:47 PM
solarguy
Abraham Bell
1985 Defender 110 Tithonus
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Ex Mod Services

Okay guys this might be a little premature but Doug and I are pairing up to accommodate US customers with an easy avenue to buy from Withams. This is something that we have been kicking around for a few months. Our goal is to help take the stress and confusion out of the buying process when you deal with Withams.
We have a wonderful gentleman in the UK that has a long background with Land Rovers and military vehicles that performs all of our PPIs for us.
Doug will be handling transportation and importation end of things while I will be handling everything else.
Let our passion and experience go to work for you.
Thanks and regards
Abe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 4th, 2013, 05:49 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Best of luck with the new venture. Whenever you have a good team, good fortune will follow.

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Old June 4th, 2013, 06:07 PM
josh-man
joshua
82 Land Rover 110 Ex MOD

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarguy View Post
Okay guys this might be a little premature but Doug and I are pairing up to accommodate US customers with an easy avenue to buy from Withams. This is something that we have been kicking around for a few months. Our goal is to help take the stress and confusion out of the buying process when you deal with Withams.
We have a wonderful gentleman in the UK that has a long background with Land Rovers and military vehicles that performs all of our PPIs for us.
Doug will be handling transportation and importation end of things while I will be handling everything else.
Let our passion and experience go to work for you.
Thanks and regards
Abe
Stellar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 4th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Daddymow
Raub A.
1987 D110 Tithonus

Registry
I used Abe and Doug and I can't say enough about how easy it was using them. Just the peace of mind mind alone was worth it. Not to mention I got an outstandingly clean ass truck! I would highly recommend their services to anyone thinking about an ExMoD truck.

Raub
Old June 4th, 2013, 08:06 PM
solarguy
Abraham Bell
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Thank you to all. Raub thank you for your kind words
Regards
Abe
Old June 4th, 2013, 11:04 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddymow View Post
I used Abe and Doug and I can't say enough about how easy it was using them. Just the peace of mind mind alone was worth it. Not to mention I got an outstandingly clean ass truck! I would highly recommend their services to anyone thinking about an ExMoD truck.

Raub
Thanks Raub. Thats the way it should work out every time with a ppi inspector giving the truck a thorough once over and driving it. Takes the risk out of buying an ex mod rig. No leaky rigs with roached synchro's. Abe and I are working on another one for a fellow forum member right now.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old June 5th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I have always wondered how a prospective US buyer could trust a UK salesman he's never met (who's mission is to sell the complete inventory) to "pick him out a good one". My personal experience in dealing with Withams is that they are somewhat reticent to take a bunch of pictures, climb under a truck, etc. Abe's mechanism eliminates these risks. Additionally the salesman he works with is responsive to him unlike what others have experienced.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Old June 5th, 2013, 12:30 PM
solarguy
Abraham Bell
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I have to say that after doing all of my research when I bought my truck, I wouldn't have done it without the people I know. It is really hard to take that leap of faith. By having the personnel we do, it takes a lot off of your mind. As a person that doesn't have money to waste, it was unnerving sending almost 1/3 of my income to the UK to buy a truck site unseen.
The best part is we don't mark up the trucks. What Withams charges is what you pay for the truck. We just charge for our service.
Old June 5th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Daddymow
Raub A.
1987 D110 Tithonus

Registry
That was my experience with Abe and Doug and the peace of mind was well worth it.
Old August 6th, 2013, 12:44 PM
solarguy
Abraham Bell
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I thought I would give an update on what's going on. We are currently handling the import of some trucks for a few board members. If anyone is interested in buying from Withams give us a call and see if we can help.
Old August 6th, 2013, 12:49 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Never done business with Abe, but I will say the money I spent on Doug was worth every penny.

I could not imagine trying to do that on my own.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat