Eurovision= European American Idol - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old May 23rd, 2006, 11:46 AM
Christian Shea
1997 Defender 90 Wagon
Eurovision= European American Idol

I saw this on google video the other day and can't stop watching it. While I wholly abhor the American Idol show and all its hype I think these Europeans have it right. Where else could a bunch of Finns cheer the bastard children of GWAR and KISS on a stage before millions wearing a Finish flag bowler hat? I particularly like the line "its the aROCKalypse"

I require your largest, cheapest, most alcoholic brewed beverage.
Old May 23rd, 2006, 03:59 PM
Paul Schuetz
1991 Range Rover
Itīs actually nothing like Idol, itīs been going on for over 50 years! Itīs kind of like the Olympics of music with countries sending reps from all oover the world. Check out the thread on D web Axel started. Iīm in Spain and watched part of it live. Like a car wreck you donīt want to look, but something tells you you have to.

Later, Paul

Old May 23rd, 2006, 05:29 PM
Keith Duckett
90 V8 Import
American Idol started in Europe - in the UK as Pop Idol. As did the Weakest Link. Big Brother was Dutch. Millionnaire British. Deal or No deal (surely the worst!) Australian. Many of the Euro countries take Eurovision seriously - for Britain it has been a joke for decades. Curiously Israel has always taken part, and occasionally won. I never knew it was in Europe.
Old May 23rd, 2006, 05:30 PM
Hillbilly Raider

Most of us in the UK only watch it for the comentary by the "legand" Sir Terry Wogan.
His witty and sarcastic comments about the voting and such have you in stiches and it has become a not to be missed... stay in with a beer and a curry... tradition!!!!

Any way what was with the Clingons wining???
our naughty school girls were MUCH better! LOL!!!
A not quite over the HILLBilly.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat