Electric Series on Mean Green Machines - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old November 8th, 2008, 11:28 PM
c2sox
Al Cruz
93 110 #428 and 01 Disco SD7

Electric Series on Mean Green Machines

Not sure if this was posted before but has anyone seen the EV Series compete against the Classic on Discovery Channel Planet Green, Mean Green Machines? That was a heck off a challenge between the two trucks, the EV Series was quite impressive. Nice piece of driving by both those guys going up this trail, forgot the name of the trail though? Was it anyone on this board? Here's the next show schedule and little write up on the show...

The Red Rock Rumble
Nov 27, 10:00pm and Nov 28, 6:00pm

When it comes to rough, rugged and mean, not much compares to the Land Rover. But even this vehicle is put to its limit when a team of roadsters and their old electric Land Rover come to Arizona to compete against a new, powerful diesel engine Land Rover.

Here's a link to the company that built up the Series and no I'm not associcted with them.

Lectro Rover ... an EV for the outback
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 9th, 2008, 12:18 AM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Yeah I saw it a while ago - kind of apples to oranges comparison but very entertaining. It changed my mind about making an EV out of a rover - I had previously decided it was too heavy and not aerodynamic...

Anyone know what a series weighs?
Old November 13th, 2008, 06:22 PM
snuffer
Randy Black
'95 D 90 SW

I'm guessing about half as much as a RRC.
Advertisement

Old December 22nd, 2008, 04:54 AM
azarmadillo
Chad Manz
1991 Range Rover Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by c2sox
Not sure if this was posted before but has anyone seen the EV Series compete against the Classic on Discovery Channel Planet Green, Mean Green Machines? That was a heck off a challenge between the two trucks, the EV Series was quite impressive. Nice piece of driving by both those guys going up this trail, forgot the name of the trail though? Was it anyone on this board?
I drove the 1989 Range Rover. It wasn't a perfect comparison but it was a lot of fun playing in Sedona for three days on the Broken Arrow trail. Roderick was a blast with his electric Land Rover. He was a lot of fun. Here are some pics taken during filming. And here are YouTube links to all 4 segments:
ONE
TWO

Sadly, I rolled my Range Rover at the end of October. The 3/4 roll damaged the body beyond repair but I walked away uninjured. I'll build up another one in 2009 with the surviving parts and if you subscribe to Land Rover World magazine, you might see the build up in there. Here is a list of mods I had done to it.

Chad
1989 Rolled Range Rover
www.chadmanz.com

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
ac, series