Edmunds.com Defender Value Estimates = Total Crap - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old November 18th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Naplm00
Matthew
1983 110 200tdi 3 door soft top

Ive got agreed value from Chubb for this EXACT reason. They have been great to deal with
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 18th, 2013, 10:51 PM
MonLand
Loic Fabro
95 D90 - 96 Disco -06 LR3

Registry
Already heard back from the dept of taxation:

"Occasionally, where the vehicle is not in the NADA Official Used Car Guide we are required to use another resource. However, all vehicles of that year, make, and model are assessed using the same resource. To comply with the Virginia State Code Fairfax County has used the Black Book Cars of Particular Interest (CPI), January edition, to assess all 1995 Land Rover Defenders. I have double checked our records and determined that this vehicle has always been assessed using the CPI, January edition. I apologize for the incorrect information you were provided last year. They were right in that the majority of vehicles are assessed using the January edition of the NADA Official Used Car Guide. "

I'll try to find out who work on that book. I have 0.5 month before the 2014 tax fate is thrown at us...

Charles, I think you try that. Any success?

"Under 58.1-3503(B) of the Code of Virginia, the assessed value of a vehicle can be appealed by the taxpayer based on the actual condition of property in question. Under the law the taxpayer has the burden of proof to show that a vehicle’s value is less than the assessment, based on the condition of the property (for example, you might submit an appraisal that documents condition, or submit an insurance company’s estimate to repair body damage)."
it is not hoarding it is selective collecting
---
MonLand
1995 D90 NAS
1996 Discovery NAS
2006 LR3 NAS (hers, but comfy! :) )
Old November 18th, 2013, 10:56 PM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalpin View Post
No they now claim they can't get info from kbb/nada and now are getting true sales numbers - why our tax assessments went through the roof this year.
What a load of crap

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 19th, 2013, 04:09 AM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

So USAA is off my list for agreed value options. Called today and they told me that the truck can't be driven more than 3,000 miles a year and they had some silly rules about garaging and appraisals. I guess I need to find the agreed value thread.

/
/
/
/
Old November 19th, 2013, 08:42 AM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Yes but my truck really isn't worth what they claim. I like to think anyone could get a fat estimate for repairs on practically any D90 so give it a shot. Others have pointed out that by getting the county to access it for less you may be negatively affecting the value your insurance company will payout. Just something to think about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonLand View Post
Charles, I think you try that. Any success?
Old November 19th, 2013, 09:02 AM
MonLand
Loic Fabro
95 D90 - 96 Disco -06 LR3

Registry
Agreed on the assement! However that would be ok as long as the insurance was to give me at least what the county assessed it for. This seems doubtful at this point...
it is not hoarding it is selective collecting
---
MonLand
1995 D90 NAS
1996 Discovery NAS
2006 LR3 NAS (hers, but comfy! :) )

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
defender