E-Z Pass toll problem - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old October 26th, 2007, 11:49 AM
Chris von C
No Defender at this time
Originally Posted by Gore Ranger
I used to just take it along in other people's cars too when I lived in NJ and hold it up. NEver had a problem. Sounds like you might have a bad unit.
I had 2 passes, but 3 cars. I switched cars all the time, mixed them up, used them in friends cars on long trips, van rentals, and my dad used it for a year after I moved from PA. Cant recall an issue.

Chris von C

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
Old October 26th, 2007, 01:57 PM
I have never seen a rover in person
Mine sucked so bad I just carry cash.

*not legal advice*
Old October 26th, 2007, 06:21 PM
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43
My I-Pass in IL works great. I carry it into all the dealer cars (with heated windshields) and swap it in and out of my car and never have a problem. The orig. I-pass didn't even have to leave your armrest console! The newer ones aren't as good and don't beep to let you know they are working but I have never had a problem. They also have no qualms about giving out the LP type transponders...I can't understand why they wouldn't want to let anyone who wanted one have it. Sounds like a bad transponder to me but I don't know how different the EZ pass is from I-pass, just that they both work in IN and a lot of other places.
"I have taken more good from alcohol than alcohol has taken from me." - Winston Churchill
Old October 29th, 2007, 02:16 PM
'94 D-90
The battery might be going on it. I had an issue with mine when I first got the D. I had one of the first smart tags and after about 4 years they asked us to send it back to get a new battery. About that time I had problems with certine lanes not reading.
Can't you feel 'em circlin' (closin'in) honey?
Can't you feel 'em swimmin' around?
You got fins to the left, fins to the right,
and you're the only bait in town.
You got fins to the left, fins to the right,
and you're the only girl in town.

Jimmy Buffett

Ex2 Adventures
Old October 29th, 2007, 03:07 PM
Kevin Collins
'95 AA Yellow & '97 Willow Green
Ours are now stickers and for a long time we haven't been allowed to move them from car to car but back when we did (and they were the typical business card sized plastic box) I just stuck mine in the gap between the windscreen and dashboard and never had an issue with it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat