anyone ever stuff one in a d110?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 28th, 2008, 08:45 AM
phoenix37
john
97 D90 ST / 1957 S1 109/ 1983 LS110

Registry
Zimm if you want to retain the value of the NAS you just purchased dont do an engine swap with a GM. Sell the NAS buy an 83' and go to town with whatever mods you want. Just a suggestion.
Old August 28th, 2008, 08:45 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Ryan Sakurada had a GM 6.2 I think. Not a duramax of course, but a big diesel v8.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 28th, 2008, 11:25 PM
zimm
bart
anyone moves..... #238 sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix37
Zimm if you want to retain the value of the NAS you just purchased dont do an engine swap with a GM. Sell the NAS buy an 83' and go to town with whatever mods you want. Just a suggestion.
i wasnt doing mine. i was just noting the lack of power, and if youre exploring NA, ya do as the romans. no point getting some exotic diesel, with hard to find parts and 90 buck an hour shop charges where ya dont know a soul.

the duramax is smaller than the powerstroke, although the engine bay doesnt look big enough for the izzzzuzzzu either. i think the 6.2 and 6.8 may be a bit noisy in one of these.

i put an old 350 with a qjet and an rv cam into my fj40, and its cost me nada over 7 years of wheeling. i can buy parts at napa if it broke. i can crawl AND clean the mud out of the tires. i just wanna fool with a diesel this time around

just thinking out loud, if i sold this and got a series. although these coil springs are spoilin' me. in all likely hood ill just continue to bash up the lexus, although that toy v8 is a bit of a dog too. and i dont get to shift. i like shifting.

any good cummins 4bt writeups out there? into a d110 or series? im chummy with a rep so im sure i work out a deal on a factory rebuild. thats a tall one, so theres gotta be a lift involved. and its a reeeeeal diesel, so i bet that weighs 750 pounds dressed. whats a 3.9 or whatever these impotrs have weigh? whats one of those pint sized 300ds, you folks rave about weigh? not enough go in one, but im curious.
Old August 28th, 2008, 11:34 PM
flippedrover
Tyler
'94 D-90

Random thing have you joined ROVERS CLUB yet?
and you're the only bait in town.
You got fins to the left, fins to the right,
and you're the only girl in town.

Jimmy Buffett

Old August 29th, 2008, 08:25 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
For the Cummins swap, talk to Shane at Roverhybrids - he's got that one figured out.

Old August 29th, 2008, 08:49 AM
zimm
bart

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC
For the Cummins swap, talk to Shane at Roverhybrids - he's got that one figured out.
danka. did he use an nv4500, or adapt a rover transmission?

Follow-up Post:

neat. if you go on his site, its the first question answered. aint the intertinggyweb amazin? it helps to use it every once in a while.
Old August 29th, 2008, 08:55 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Also, Shane does awesome work. His stuff is usually highly customized, but built beautifully and super-strong.

Old August 29th, 2008, 11:01 AM
grnthng
Luis A. Costa
'93 Range Rover County LWB

Have you ever thought about a Izuzu box truck diesel, I think they are 4.0l in-line 4 cyl's -I guess that's why they knock around a bit, but there torquey.
I get a lot of those commercial truck papers in the mail and they advertise anything form one of these Izuzu's to 16.0L Catapillars.
I have seen those Izuzu motors for as low as $4500.00 !
Old August 29th, 2008, 11:06 AM
zimm
bart

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC
Also, Shane does awesome work. His stuff is usually highly customized, but built beautifully and super-strong.
that d100 is great. theres an FJ42 for sale i been eyen up. its the toy equivalent to that d100.

his 4bt conversion looks first rate. he must know hes good. most guys wont show a step by step, and share the knowledge. prolly wouldnt be worth the 3g id save on the motor, to do that myself.

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by grnthng
Have you ever thought about a Izuzu box truck diesel, I think they are 4.0l in-line 4 cyl's -I guess that's why they knock around a bit, but there torquey.
I get a lot of those commercial truck papers in the mail and they advertise anything form one of these Izuzu's to 16.0L Catapillars.
I have seen those Izuzu motors for as low as $4500.00 !
thats a good thought. theres a NA parts network in place for those.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat