D's everywhere - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old September 3rd, 2006, 09:25 PM
redrover

D's everywhere

I was down in Boulder for a Sat football game. On Sunday I saw more Defenders than I have ever seen in a day, minus a LR event. All the trucks were built. one nice diesel 110 with canoe(Boulder), red 90 in boulder, yellow 90 on I 70 leaving mtns, blk 90- I 70, yellow 90-US 36. God its great to see em on the road. Long live the King! JP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 3rd, 2006, 10:28 PM
Davis
Chris Davis
94 NAS D90 6.2LS

I know of 4 or 5 D90's in Boulder, 2 110's. The only place I saw more was in Aspen, but now it is more Rangie's as everyone traded in the D90's.
Old September 4th, 2006, 02:23 PM
newfD90
Chance
93 NAS 110

Our little town of Monument has three NAS 110s and four 90s (that I've seen).

"Fossil Fuel Rapid Disposal Unit"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 4th, 2006, 11:07 PM
stevewhitaker
Stephen Whitaker
1994 D-90

Registry
I was out in Boulder a month ago on my way to Moab and unfortunately saw no one while in town. I waved at some Discos, but most Disco drivers are SUV owners, not Land Rover owners, so they ignored me. A nice white Disco did flash its lights as it came at me when I was leaving on Hwy 93, but by then I had given up waving and did not have time to react. I did see one red Defender in Moab, left a note, a green hard top passed in front of me in Durango, another hard top was spotted in Ouray, one more coming up out of Morrison as I was descending upon my return trip, and I saw one soft top, who finally waved back on I-70 just west of Hays, Kansas. It's nice to see 'em, but I'll need signal flags in the future to make sure I get spotted.
Old September 5th, 2006, 08:39 AM
jimmy salmon
jimmy salmon
94 D90 AA Yellow

I see a green SW heading towards Hartford CT on the I-84 Sunday afternoon.Also see a AA Yellow in a parking lot in Salem NH with new Mass plates Monday afternoon, didn't have time to wait for the owner to return.And again this morning i see a Red 90 with yellow door tops by Cross point Lowell MA (Rons), are the other 2 any one here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old September 5th, 2006, 10:05 AM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Yeah.... NJ is loaded with them as well.. there are 5 within 10 sq miles of me..
Old September 5th, 2006, 10:26 AM
Billakris
Kris
Alpine White 95 Soft Top

Stephen,
were you in a yellow soft top, and was the one you saw white? I think that was me.
Old September 5th, 2006, 11:22 AM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

We have at least five here in Park City, UT: three yellows, a black one driven by a kid that looks a little like Shaun White, and a white one. I occasionally see another green one with a guy and his son in it; I guess they're from Salt Lake. There's also a really sweet Series IIA (I think...I always see it on the highway at speed) that's green that just showed up in the last month or so. I saw him drive down my street once past my yellow 90 but by the time I got outside, he was gone. We don't have any 110s as far as I know. There's probably one or two in a garage in Deer Valley but we'll never see 'em.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/
/
/
Old September 5th, 2006, 01:04 PM
stevewhitaker
Stephen Whitaker
1994 D-90

Registry
Kris, yes, I was in a 94 yellow soft top and yes, it must have been you because the one I saw in Kansas was white. Nice to see you, if only for a couple of seconds.
Old September 5th, 2006, 01:06 PM
Billakris
Kris
Alpine White 95 Soft Top

You were one of 3 that I saw on the trip..... it was rather dissapointing for spotting rovers, but seeing you heading by hangin out the window sure brightened my 11 hours on the road.
Old September 5th, 2006, 01:52 PM
ron
Ron
1994 NAS Defender 90

Yes Jimmy that was me. I really need to paint those door tops. They stick out like a sore thumb. Or maybe its time to paint my SW doors for the winter.
Old September 5th, 2006, 02:18 PM
jimmy salmon
jimmy salmon
94 D90 AA Yellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron
Yes Jimmy that was me. I really need to paint those door tops. They stick out like a sore thumb. Or maybe its time to paint my SW doors for the winter.
Maybe we could swap door tops.
You was down at the lights at exit 31 as we were getting onto Route 3

Old September 5th, 2006, 04:49 PM
ron
Ron
1994 NAS Defender 90

I would do that
Old September 5th, 2006, 05:20 PM
stevewhitaker
Stephen Whitaker
1994 D-90

Registry
Gawd, I HATE driving across the plains - makes me really appreciate the stamina of those folks in the wagon trains. Of course, the Land Rover has about the same aerodynamics as a covered wagon. I'd love to move back to Denver if the oil business would allow me back to the Rockies so I wouldn't have to waste so much of my vacation time plodding across the plains. Where were you heading, Kris?
Old September 5th, 2006, 10:15 PM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

Who has the Arles with matching roof and SG bumper? That's the sweetest 90 I have ever seen. Makes want to buy one.
Old September 6th, 2006, 12:25 AM
Billakris
Kris
Alpine White 95 Soft Top

I just took a camping trip from springs to buena vista, up and around to estes park and then back home.... a short week, but full of adventure!
Old September 6th, 2006, 08:05 AM
WhiteD90
Johnathan Tisdale
93 110, 90 RockRR buggy

I believe that belongs to Brendon Loveday's younger brother. Had a white roof till he rolled it in Moab at night a few years ago.
Old September 6th, 2006, 05:59 PM
cbass
Bradlee Duncan
'94 White and '95 Red D's

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrapin
We have at least five here in Park City, UT: three yellows, a black one driven by a kid that looks a little like Shaun White, and a white one. I occasionally see another green one with a guy and his son in it; I guess they're from Salt Lake. There's also a really sweet Series IIA (I think...I always see it on the highway at speed) that's green that just showed up in the last month or so. I saw him drive down my street once past my yellow 90 but by the time I got outside, he was gone. We don't have any 110s as far as I know. There's probably one or two in a garage in Deer Valley but we'll never see 'em.
Yep, and our Red one, and the white one. Although I'm sure you haven't seen the white one for the last year while we've been rebuilding it, lol. There's a 110 at the American Fork LR dealer for sale right now. The Losee's in Provo have a 110 also that's been babied it's whole life. Boy would I like to get my hands on that one!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat