Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old February 20th, 2008, 01:13 PM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
Drop calls - AT&T Samsung Blackjack

I've been getting an irritating amount of drop calls and/or no signal from my phone since middle of last year. I found this link regarding drop calls with the Blackjack. Apparently AT&T has been pro-actively calling customers who own Blackjacks and replacing their phones...they just hadn't gotten to me yet.

If you call them (from a different phone), they will check if you qualify for a replacement phone...unfortunately a refurb, but right now, I'd just like to have a phone that doesn't drop in areas that should have coverage. I was planning on dumping the Blackjack and purchasing the iphone until I started reading on the headaches with it. Looks like I will stick with the Blackjack for a little bit longer. Bright side, the AT&T rep extend my warranty for another 8 months which originally expired in December. She's sending me a new battery too, she said she appreciated the fact that I didn't call screaming at her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 21st, 2008, 08:46 PM
1000kva
paul girard

Trade it in for the blackjack 2. I have one from my work that I hacked(so I don't have to pay for their mapping program) and I can use the internal GPS to get around with, and with the microsoft mapping program it has voice recognition so if I am traveling all I have to do I speak into the phone"starbucks" (or whatever I am looking for)and it gives me a map to the nearest one . If I was buying my personal phone I would probably get a Nokia but my work gave me this one and the only real thing I wish it has is a WLAN connection
Old February 21st, 2008, 10:42 PM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
I'll have to give the BJ2 a closer look. Didn't really think it was much of an upgrade of the original.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
ac