Driving like a maniac - Page 3 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old June 28th, 2012, 09:08 PM
Daddymow
Raub A.
1987 D110 Tithonus

Registry
Jason that is sooo South Florida. Every one has to haul ass to the next light on US 1. It gets you no where.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 28th, 2012, 09:41 PM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind

That would be me.
You got that right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind
Also me (the female one of course), but it's only because Pedro calls me more than my wife does.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old June 29th, 2012, 02:03 AM
aaronlam
aaron lam
1997 Alpine White D90 SW #2212

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by bossman429 View Post
Say you have a 10 mile trip, and your late. Speed limit is 60mph (lets just say) so your trip should be 10 minutes.

Now if you break the speed limit, by lets say 15mph, your going to get there in about 7:30, a saving of 2:30 A speeding ticket for going 15mph is going to cost you roughly $200-350 depending on where you live, not to mention any points and associated increases w/ your insurance possibly. O yea and your probably burning abotu 15% more gas.

to me its just not worth it. If i'm going to be 7min30s late, I can be 10min late.
I *think* your math is wrong... But furthers your point...

10mi x 60 min / 75mi = 8 min. So only 2 min savings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 29th, 2012, 03:36 AM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

I was sad when my D90 came back to me with new BFG ATs. The first time I had it she was running sport biased dunlops (IIRC).

I took the limiter off every D90 I have had (and put it back on when sold). After driving a lotus for the last five years, it is actually more fun to drive the 90 as you can get closer to the limit at something short of ridiculous speed.
Old June 29th, 2012, 04:50 AM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

non defender owner

o.k. so we know Matt doesn't own a Defender. Maybe we can do a misc chit chat about importing Puma's that don't meet current crash test standards in the US and people on the board can get upset when a Puma plows into them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgreenspan View Post
I hope that all those admitting freely to driving recklessly don't get in any accidents involving people that anybody on the board knows because you're not really negligent anymore seeing as you know exactly what you're doing(probably the difference between a little bit of money and a lot or a little bit of jail and a lot. I'm no lawyer though so ask them about the implications). Endangering lives is dumb no matter how late you are or how fun it seems.

I'm sure everybody knows about ever changing laws regarding what you can and cannot do to your vehicle as far as modification goes. Just remember that when you get in an accident and kill somebody or yourself there is a possibility that some dumb lobbyist is going to push forward some shitty law or proposal that makes it illegal to put a lift on your truck or change the tires from the OEM tires, etc. which will ruin this hobby for everybody. Want to push your vehicle to it's limit? Go to a controlled environment where there aren't bystanders who could be harmed by your recklessness.

Comments defending dumb actions sound like this, "Oh I'm totally 100% safe when I exceed the speed limit and push my vehicle to it's max and totally don't increase the possibility of somebody else being harmed if I were to lose control or they were to not see me because I won't lose control and they are paying 100% attention and I'm safe 100% of the time because I know my limits because I'm the man, but when I really want to be reckless I drive something faster than a Defender." Seriously? At least Adrian gets it.
Old June 29th, 2012, 05:07 AM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

In addition to and subtraction of

Quote:
Originally Posted by o2batsea View Post
In my area we have a mix of uptight east coast pricks, foreign nationals, retirees, kids, cell phoning d bags both male and female, assorted airheads, and impatient commercial drivers..
Bill, we don't have as many retirees as it is to f&I())g expensive to retire in Cali. but we have all the rest...now add the fact that if you go the speed limit you will get cutoff, honked at, someone riding your arse or end up getting caught behind an 18wheeler that can only go a mandated 55mph even when speed limit signs are posted at 70mph. I saw hands free the other day when a woman had an Iphone wrapped tightly in her berka next to her ear. Driving out here is insane but traffic moves quite well and people are generally courteous during merging.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
ac, vin