Driving like a maniac - Page 3 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #41  
Old June 28th, 2012, 09:08 PM
Daddymow's Avatar
Daddymow
Status: Offline
Raub A.
1987 D110 Tithonus
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Stuart, FL / Boone, NC
Posts: 3,974
Registry
Jason that is sooo South Florida. Every one has to haul ass to the next light on US 1. It gets you no where.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #42  
Old June 28th, 2012, 09:41 PM
The Dro
Status: Offline
Dro
1988 Ninety
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Annandale, VA
Posts: 6,692
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind

That would be me.
You got that right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind
Also me (the female one of course), but it's only because Pedro calls me more than my wife does.
__________________
Mine is NTO... It was new, Now I'm Taking it Off.
Quote:
Online speculation will not replace onsite inspection.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old June 29th, 2012, 02:03 AM
aaronlam's Avatar
aaronlam
Status: Offline
aaron lam
1997 Alpine White D90 SW #2212
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Redondo Beach
Posts: 265
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by bossman429 View Post
Say you have a 10 mile trip, and your late. Speed limit is 60mph (lets just say) so your trip should be 10 minutes.

Now if you break the speed limit, by lets say 15mph, your going to get there in about 7:30, a saving of 2:30 A speeding ticket for going 15mph is going to cost you roughly $200-350 depending on where you live, not to mention any points and associated increases w/ your insurance possibly. O yea and your probably burning abotu 15% more gas.

to me its just not worth it. If i'm going to be 7min30s late, I can be 10min late.
I *think* your math is wrong... But furthers your point...

10mi x 60 min / 75mi = 8 min. So only 2 min savings.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #44  
Old June 29th, 2012, 03:36 AM
evilfij's Avatar
evilfij
Status: Offline
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: on the internet
Posts: 14,688
I was sad when my D90 came back to me with new BFG ATs. The first time I had it she was running sport biased dunlops (IIRC).

I took the limiter off every D90 I have had (and put it back on when sold). After driving a lotus for the last five years, it is actually more fun to drive the 90 as you can get closer to the limit at something short of ridiculous speed.
__________________
*not legal advice*
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old June 29th, 2012, 04:50 AM
CDeWan
Status: Offline
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 3,493
non defender owner

o.k. so we know Matt doesn't own a Defender. Maybe we can do a misc chit chat about importing Puma's that don't meet current crash test standards in the US and people on the board can get upset when a Puma plows into them.



Quote:
Originally Posted by mgreenspan View Post
I hope that all those admitting freely to driving recklessly don't get in any accidents involving people that anybody on the board knows because you're not really negligent anymore seeing as you know exactly what you're doing(probably the difference between a little bit of money and a lot or a little bit of jail and a lot. I'm no lawyer though so ask them about the implications). Endangering lives is dumb no matter how late you are or how fun it seems.

I'm sure everybody knows about ever changing laws regarding what you can and cannot do to your vehicle as far as modification goes. Just remember that when you get in an accident and kill somebody or yourself there is a possibility that some dumb lobbyist is going to push forward some shitty law or proposal that makes it illegal to put a lift on your truck or change the tires from the OEM tires, etc. which will ruin this hobby for everybody. Want to push your vehicle to it's limit? Go to a controlled environment where there aren't bystanders who could be harmed by your recklessness.

Comments defending dumb actions sound like this, "Oh I'm totally 100% safe when I exceed the speed limit and push my vehicle to it's max and totally don't increase the possibility of somebody else being harmed if I were to lose control or they were to not see me because I won't lose control and they are paying 100% attention and I'm safe 100% of the time because I know my limits because I'm the man, but when I really want to be reckless I drive something faster than a Defender." Seriously? At least Adrian gets it.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old June 29th, 2012, 05:07 AM
CDeWan
Status: Offline
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 3,493
In addition to and subtraction of

Quote:
Originally Posted by o2batsea View Post
In my area we have a mix of uptight east coast pricks, foreign nationals, retirees, kids, cell phoning d bags both male and female, assorted airheads, and impatient commercial drivers..
Bill, we don't have as many retirees as it is to f&I())g expensive to retire in Cali. but we have all the rest...now add the fact that if you go the speed limit you will get cutoff, honked at, someone riding your arse or end up getting caught behind an 18wheeler that can only go a mandated 55mph even when speed limit signs are posted at 70mph. I saw hands free the other day when a woman had an Iphone wrapped tightly in her berka next to her ear. Driving out here is insane but traffic moves quite well and people are generally courteous during merging.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
ac, vin

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best way across the US Mike Hippert Defender Technical Discussions 173 April 29th, 2010 04:56 PM
Hella Driving Light Add - Best? Kimos Defender Technical Discussions 43 October 26th, 2006 01:16 AM
Engine Stalls Suddenly When Driving Ragland Defender Technical Discussions 15 February 4th, 2006 12:30 PM
OCC's Land Rover Driving Experience WCURoverD90 Misc. Chit-Chat 0 December 5th, 2005 02:54 PM
Strange feeling while driving... wicks Misc. Chit-Chat 5 March 3rd, 2005 01:37 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:55 AM.


Copyright