drive way paver mess - cleaning and preventing - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old January 21st, 2009, 03:16 PM
Paul / Boultbee
1994 D-90, Green #1576
drive way paver mess - cleaning and preventing

So the drive way is getting to be a complete mess. The dear old ditty dribbles a bit and the drive way which are stome paveres is looking frightful.The D-90 is kept outside in the partuial shade of the house but as you come up the driveway, well the Mrs is not happy!.

1. Recommendations on how to clean the pavers? Not expecting to get it perfect, but at least better.
2. And then to the prevention. Can some one steer me to a link for some type of mat that can be used under the D90.

I live in Southern California so ( sorry about this you poor hearty people in the mid west & North Easterners last weekend was 88 and hot. This week we are on STORM WATCH cause a rain cloud is coming and we may get an inch of moisture. The mat or pad needs to be OK for outside use, or cheap enough that I can keep it under the truck and replace it everytime it rains, so that would be 1 time in Jan., 2 times in Feb., 1 time in March

I'm contemplating thinking about thinking about it!
Old January 21st, 2009, 03:55 PM
'94 D-90

Can't you feel 'em circlin' (closin'in) honey?
Can't you feel 'em swimmin' around?
You got fins to the left, fins to the right,
and you're the only bait in town.
You got fins to the left, fins to the right,
and you're the only girl in town.

Jimmy Buffett

Ex2 Adventures
Old January 21st, 2009, 08:45 PM
Randy Black
'95 D 90 SW
Can you break out the greasy ones and replace or if you can get them out without breaking them possibly turn them over?

If they are porus (cement pavers) they will be really hard to clean.
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. -Thomas Jefferson
Old January 22nd, 2009, 07:59 AM
Rod Hayward
Rod Hayward
95 D90 Green #2288
You need to put a poultice on it. You can buy a premixed poultice. The one I'm familiar with is made by Prosoco, called something like concrete stain cleaner. If there's a masonry supply company in your area they probably sell that line. You can also make your own if you can find a source of dry clay powder. Just add some fast acting paint stripper to it, mix it into a runny paste and spread it over the stain. Cover your poultice with some paper or plastic (probably tape it down to keep it covered), and leave it over night. Hose it off the next morning. Your stain will be gone. It pulls the stain out from pretty deep in the material. It will be a long time til it reappears if at all.
8-track, gun rack, spittoon, gimbal mounted beer buoy, blah, blah, blah, blah......
Old January 22nd, 2009, 09:07 AM
Kevin Buckley
1973 coiler
Just get an outdoor carpeting door mat with a rubber backing for under it.
'73 SeriesIII coiler,"The Goat", Daihatsu 2.8TD,Santana,Ashcroft,ARB's,etc., now SOLD
Old January 28th, 2009, 09:32 PM
1995 D90 ST Beluga Black
poultice paste will work but is overkill. There are many different dirt and grease cleaners for pavers. How bad are the stains? I usually recommend people start with dawn dish washing liquid and hot water. You would be surprised what it does. Whatever you do be real careful of acid based cleaners. The acid doesn''t know when to stop and if left on to long can burn the pavers. ProSoco makes a cleaner called 600detergent. You may be able to buy it online. If the dawn and water and elbow grease doesnt work that would be my next recommendation. Water you do do9nt use a pressure washer. All it does is beat the stain deeper into the pores of the pavers. Sorry to rant but this is what i do. I own a building materials company and we sell tons of pavers and cleaners and stuff. If you are having trouble finding a good mason yard in your area, PM me and can ups a gallon of 600 detergent out to you.

This is where I'm supposed to write something witty and funny; or something.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat