Door panel replacement - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old March 2nd, 2008, 08:21 PM
JBOD77
Jonathan
1995 D90 ST Beluga Black

Question Door panel replacement

Anybody have any info on E.C.R.'s door panels? How bout the ones coming from Rovers North?? I like the ones from IRON GOAT.....it's a little much on the panel......but would probably wait till the next batch comes through without the IRON GOAT logo and with the larger speaker cutouts. I love that the speakers are up a little off the floor. Anyway any info would be great.

Mike, since I know you are on the board, take this opportunity to promote your product and tell us a little about them!

Advertisement

Old March 2nd, 2008, 08:54 PM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
Jonathan,

I'm pretty sure Mike aka Fidel was pretty clear in what he plans on offering...

www.d-90.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14608
Old March 3rd, 2008, 11:14 AM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

Ours are still in pre-production with no ETA on the mail order version, so if you need panels I would not hold out for the ECR version.
The plan is to make exact factory original copies, but trim and fit them correctly to avoid the screw break out. Materials will be better too, but look and feel would be the same as stock.

At this point in time I do not think we will ever make a mail order version (but that is subject to change). When I posted what it would cost to have the right color, in the right form, the right texture all made in the USA, most folks indicated they would just go with something different (cheaper). So we will likely just be doing them for in house restoration work rather than sitting on dozens of unsold door panels.

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 3rd, 2008, 12:51 PM
badgerman
Christopher Laws
1964 Land Badger
D-90 Source Vendor

I can understand that with the way the economy is that they don't have much to spend. I think the way I look at products (Mike too) is buy the superior product and never have to replace it again. The products that will cost less will probably fail over time and you are in the same boat again down the road. Some products cost a lot to develop to do it the right way.
Old March 3rd, 2008, 12:58 PM
JBOD77
Jonathan
1995 D90 ST Beluga Black

ok so maybe I should search first.... DUH!!! What I was really after was more particulars on the ECR panels. Having read the other post I got what I needed. Also was the ETA. Got that.
So Is this the Rovers north panel?? Looks kinda like the original. I don't actually need panels for one that is broken just looking to upgrade to something better before the factory ones crumble. This way, if I ever sold the truck, I would have the originals and the new ones to offer the buyer. Really like a higher speaker location but the advertising on the Iron Goats is nasty looking. Just kinda exploring the field.
Old March 3rd, 2008, 01:02 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
I would so pissed if I ordered that thinking I was getting OEM. Thats just an old illustration, methinks that when you are offering a self-sourced aftermarket repro part you out to provide a description and some appropriate pix. Typical RN.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old March 3rd, 2008, 01:05 PM
Backstay
John Hilton
1994 D90
D-90 Source Vendor

I'm having some improved copies of the 1994 door panels made. Shouldn't be much longer.
Old March 3rd, 2008, 01:25 PM
Eric Siepmann
Eric W. Siepmann
1997 Defender 90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC
I would so pissed if I ordered that thinking I was getting OEM. Thats just an old illustration, methinks that when you are offering a self-sourced aftermarket repro part you out to provide a description and some appropriate pix. Typical RN.
That's really deceiving. Especially with the Geniune part symbol in the pic.

They are pretty good about labeling things Pro-Line though. . .

EwS
Old March 3rd, 2008, 05:23 PM
huck1974
shane cates
94 d90

I made some out of diamond plate. Going to make the above area that the sunvisors mount to next. Guess I should get some pics someday. The problem is that I can't get diamond plate in black. Have to paint or coat.
And I love you too

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
ac, door