Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old December 31st, 2012, 08:41 PM
1of40
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi

Registry
Ha, cause though he loves to go anywhere he's ultra awkward off camber.

------ Follow up post added December 31st, 2012 08:51 PM ------

Nah, we came back for the skins game. I'll have to bring him with me to the next event. He's a good dog.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 12th, 2013, 06:46 PM
bossman429
Adrian
1988 90

Registry
Cool pic the wife shot during our hike today. Mack wanted to be sure he was in the picture right as she took it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-217920525.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	408.1 KB
ID:	64408  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 12th, 2013, 07:58 PM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by bossman429 View Post
Cool pic the wife shot during our hike today. Mack wanted to be sure he was in the picture right as she took it
You guys went up north? That is a great shot. I'm sure Mack loved the snow.

Took our 2 dogs over to Hartshorne. They were stoked! Even with the rain yesterday it was in hikable shape. But Hartshorne needs some TM love.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 12th, 2013, 08:03 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Awesome and hilarious pic, Adrian! Is he coming to Winter Romp?
Old January 12th, 2013, 08:57 PM
bossman429
Adrian
1988 90

Registry
Yea we did almost 7 miles by del gap. Would have done more but got a late start. South and east sides of the hills had less snow. This pic was on the north side. Yea he loves it. Whenever he needs a drink he just reaches down and bites a big ol chunk of snow

Thanks josh. I doubt it. He's got more energy and stamina than any dog I've come across. Keeping him the truck all that time bouncing around would be torture. Unless of course I hooked his harness to the truck and let him pull me along the trail lol

------ Follow up post added January 12th, 2013 08:58 PM ------

I took him to hartshotne yesterday. I like the way it is now. Less "perfect" and more trees for the dog to leap over.

They did cut up a lot of trees though. Was a lot worse a month agao
Old January 13th, 2013, 01:37 PM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Ani; 3 yo golden, hates the stick shift (or the me bothering her while she's trying to nap).

Another shot at EGYC New Years morning
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-2783298442.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	501.0 KB
ID:	64420   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3292521025.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	488.3 KB
ID:	64421  

Old January 14th, 2013, 07:54 PM
CavemanDiesel
Eric Smirh
1985 D90

Here's one of my Old English Bulldog attacking my cat.

Name:	ForumRunner_20130114_195401.png
Views:	103
Size:	415.0 KB
ID:	64521
Old January 14th, 2013, 07:55 PM
CavemanDiesel
Eric Smirh
1985 D90

They are best friends.
Old January 14th, 2013, 09:40 PM
bossman429
Adrian
1988 90

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CavemanDiesel View Post
Here's one of my Old English Bulldog attacking my cat.
That's great
Old January 15th, 2013, 10:33 AM
cthoekenga
Craig
1997 BRG D90

Story I have to share re: dogs....

As some of you know, I had two sons at Sandy Hook Elementary School on December 14. My oldest son (CJ - 4th grade) is doing great at the new school and is just really sad. My middle son (Matthew Grade 2) was across the hall from the carnage and saw and heard many things that have severely traumatized him. He will not go anywhere in the house alone and spends most of his day at school either roaming the halls with Police Office Mike and his K9 Unit or in the "Hug" room with the therapy dogs. Needless to say, Matthew LOVES animals and they really comfort him. He wants to be a vet. We have a dog named Knox who is a rescue from Tennessee (part Rodesian Ridgeback and part lab) who Matthew really loves but he has always wanted his "own" dog. Last friday I was surfing the net and came across an article about a woman in Alabama who trains service and police dogs. Her name is Red Litz (really pretty by the way!) and she owns www.tuscaloosak9camp.com. In 2011, a tornado ripped through her facility, killing 24 dogs and paralyzing one of her trainers. As part of the 26 acts of kindness started by Ann Curry, Red is donating 25 service dogs to citizens and 1 K9 dog to a police department. I contacted Red and she is generously training and hand delivering a dog to Matthew which he will be able to take to school for a while until he settles. Which will be great for his class as a whole as most of his classmates are in the same boat as him. Matthew has chosen to name the dog Wexler (Wex for short) in honor of Mrs. Wexler, his hero teacher that saved his life that horrible day. Furthermore, one of my good friends who lost his daughter Catherine that day had to put his dog of 15 years to sleep the day after Christmas. His son, who lost both his sister and dog within 2 weeks of each other, has been asking for a German Sheppard for protection. Well, the paln is that his German Sheppard will be arriving sometime within the next few months with Wexler and probably a few other dogs for Sandy Hook families. It is people in world like Red that restore our faith in mankind. Sorry to be so long, but I had to share the story of this amazing woman. Check out her website if you have a chance. I hope you all have a wonderful New Year.
Old January 15th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Birdman
Chris Bird
1995 D90 ST #2046

Registry
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthoekenga View Post

As some of you know, I had two sons at Sandy Hook Elementary School on December 14. My oldest son (CJ - 4th grade) is doing great at the new school and is just really sad. My middle son (Matthew Grade 2) was across the hall from the carnage and saw and heard many things that have severely traumatized him. He will not go anywhere in the house alone and spends most of his day at school either roaming the halls with Police Office Mike and his K9 Unit or in the "Hug" room with the therapy dogs. Needless to say, Matthew LOVES animals and they really comfort him. He wants to be a vet. We have a dog named Knox who is a rescue from Tennessee (part Rodesian Ridgeback and part lab) who Matthew really loves but he has always wanted his "own" dog. Last friday I was surfing the net and came across an article about a woman in Alabama who trains service and police dogs. Her name is Red Litz (really pretty by the way!) and she owns www.tuscaloosak9camp.com. In 2011, a tornado ripped through her facility, killing 24 dogs and paralyzing one of her trainers. As part of the 26 acts of kindness started by Ann Curry, Red is donating 25 service dogs to citizens and 1 K9 dog to a police department. I contacted Red and she is generously training and hand delivering a dog to Matthew which he will be able to take to school for a while until he settles. Which will be great for his class as a whole as most of his classmates are in the same boat as him. Matthew has chosen to name the dog Wexler (Wex for short) in honor of Mrs. Wexler, his hero teacher that saved his life that horrible day. Furthermore, one of my good friends who lost his daughter Catherine that day had to put his dog of 15 years to sleep the day after Christmas. His son, who lost both his sister and dog within 2 weeks of each other, has been asking for a German Sheppard for protection. Well, the paln is that his German Sheppard will be arriving sometime within the next few months with Wexler and probably a few other dogs for Sandy Hook families. It is people in world like Red that restore our faith in mankind. Sorry to be so long, but I had to share the story of this amazing woman. Check out her website if you have a chance. I hope you all have a wonderful New Year.
Wow, great story. Best of luck to you all.
Old January 15th, 2013, 10:58 AM
1of40
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi

Registry
Craig, wow, what a beautiful story. Thanks for sharing and helping to put things in perspective. I wish you, your family and your community all the best.

Clay
Old January 15th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

Craig, Thank you for sharing your story and I wish you and your family the best.
Old January 15th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
Craig, it is good to know there are people like Red out there...I am happy for you and the family that it is working out. Kinda weird but my name is Craig and my son is Matthew too...hope it all works out over time for you and the community!
Old January 15th, 2013, 01:58 PM
K9Phil
Phil
1994 D-90 #1184

Quote:

Red is a FB friend of mine, we went to the same dog training school. She is originally from St Louis, where I lived for 4 yrs. I'm sure she'll take good care of your son with a great service dog. She's relying on donations for that project if anyone is interested in helping out.
Old January 15th, 2013, 02:19 PM
cthoekenga
Craig
1997 BRG D90

Phil, what a small world. Trust me, she will receive many, many donations. As she should! I've already received calls from NY, NJ and throughout CT with people wanting her contact info when people heard what she was doing. She obviously has one of the purest hearts out there.
Old January 15th, 2013, 03:03 PM
K9Phil
Phil
1994 D-90 #1184

Quote:
Phil, what a small world. Trust me, she will receive many, many donations. As she should! I've already received calls from NY, NJ and throughout CT with people wanting her contact info when people heard what she was doing. She obviously has one of the purest hearts out there.
Yes, it is. I wasn't aware there was someone on the board who had kids in that school. The professional dog trainer community is relatively small and tight knit. Most of us know each other or know of each other. You are spot-on about Red and her pure heart (and yes, she is indeed very pretty). She is one of the good people who has been personally touched by tragedy herself. I'm glad to hear you're spreading the word because I do know that donations have been slow to come in despite all the media coverage she's gotten. Most people have no idea what it takes and how much it costs to train a service dog. I wish you and your family the best.
Old January 15th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

No place to pledge/donate on the site...guess I'll have to call.
Old January 15th, 2013, 03:14 PM
cthoekenga
Craig
1997 BRG D90

Phil, you can rest assured that my voice in Sandy Hook is being used to spread the word about her mission. There are so many donations being offered up here that I have actually asked people to please use one of their 26 acts of Kindness to donate to Red. Trust me when I tell you, she has touched numerous families up hear who have lost children. I spent Sunday evening with the parents of two of the little girls and it is the kind of kindness that Red is showing, as well as people around the world, that really chokes us up and makes us realize the good in people. We were talking on sunday night how people in Sandy Hook that we didn't know have become freinds and our friends in Sandy Hook have become our family. This is how it should be.
Old January 15th, 2013, 03:19 PM
K9Phil
Phil
1994 D-90 #1184

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Larson View Post
No place to pledge/donate on the site...guess I'll have to call.
Bill, there is more donation info on her FB page.
http://www.facebook.com/notes/tuscal...79713512089799

------ Follow up post added January 15th, 2013 12:25 PM ------

Quote:
Phil, you can rest assured that my voice in Sandy Hook is being used to spread the word about her mission. There are so many donations being offered up here that I have actually asked people to please use one of their 26 acts of Kindness to donate to Red. Trust me when I tell you, she has touched numerous families up hear who have lost children. I spent Sunday evening with the parents of two of the little girls and it is the kind of kindness that Red is showing, as well as people around the world, that really chokes us up and makes us realize the good in people. We were talking on sunday night how people in Sandy Hook that we didn't know have become freinds and our friends in Sandy Hook have become our family. This is how it should be.
That's great to hear Craig.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
dog