Does anyone know about or running these rims? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old June 21st, 2010, 10:12 AM
Crash303
Josh Harris
97/ D90 ST #1190

Does anyone know about or running these rims?

So I was wondering if anyone knows anything about these Terrafirma rims? I was thinking about getting them, but figured I would do some homework on them before making the plunge. They are a bit pricey but I figure I would go with something out of the norm of everyone else.

http://www.terrafirma4x4.com/product...cat=51&grp=282

"They are, in factory original condition, noisy, they leak water in from the top and oil out from underneath, you can never demist the windows in winter, they handle like scaffolding towers, and use more fuel than Beijing." Richard Hammond
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 21st, 2010, 12:29 PM
Cmikefly
William Challancin
97 NAS D90

Mate,
I have also been thinking about getting a set. Mainly because itís the only beadlock I can easily get in the Middle East. Unfortunately my overheating problems have been taking up most of my time and money..if you do get a set please let us know what you think. I have a full Tarraferma lift kit and have been happy with the quality. Probably not the very best but much better than some of the low end British parts (Britpart)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1997 NAS D90
2005 110 TD5
Old June 21st, 2010, 11:42 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

They are really nice looking, but who wants a 16x7in beadlock? Thats pointless. A 15 or a 17 by 8-9 is what anyone who needs a beadlock would want. At least imo.

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 22nd, 2010, 12:46 AM
Crash303
Josh Harris
97/ D90 ST #1190

From my understanding if you don't run the beadlock ring then the rim is 16x7. but I you run the ring the rim is 16x8.

But one of my concerns is if I run this rim with 285/75r16 am I going to rub when I'm fully lock or if I stuff a tire.

"They are, in factory original condition, noisy, they leak water in from the top and oil out from underneath, you can never demist the windows in winter, they handle like scaffolding towers, and use more fuel than Beijing." Richard Hammond
Old June 22nd, 2010, 01:25 AM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash303 View Post
From my understanding if you don't run the beadlock ring then the rim is 16x7. but I you run the ring the rim is 16x8.

But one of my concerns is if I run this rim with 285/75r16 am I going to rub when I'm fully lock or if I stuff a tire.
Yeah, but thats only one problem. There is very little to choose from in a 16in rim and what is there to choose from is much more expensive than a 15 or 17.

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Old June 22nd, 2010, 06:22 AM
Cube II
Michele
1997 D90

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash303 View Post
So I was wondering if anyone knows anything about these Terrafirma rims?
Made locally (Italy).
ET to fit the specific vehicle, I never tried them though.
+109" IIA ex-military

Sketches and doodles:

[O]===[O]

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
rims