Do you let your truck warm up when its cold? - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old January 23rd, 2016, 12:59 PM
frank stein "frankie" in action RIP
We have tons of those venerable engines in the government, I feel your pain. just this past week
Tuesday to be exact some co workers and I, spent a good part of our shift starting cold diesel engines which had sat from friday to tuesday.
lets just say I feel your pain. lately we have begun using a stuff called hot shot something or other, seems to make it for easier cold starts.

on to gasoline engines, the owners manual on my cr-v states. upon cold starts wait until rpms
stabilize before, loading the engine in order to avoid damage to electronic idle and throttle components.

Originally Posted by Uncle Douglas View Post
That Navistar 7.3 powerstroke diesel is a beeoottchh to start single digits and below if not plugged in because the engine oil is what actuates the injectors.
Plug it in and let it warm up for 20 mins before trying to start it and she purrs like a Kitten.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat