Do Not Buy Stolen Parts - Page 3 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old December 20th, 2014, 06:06 PM
Daddymow
Raub A.
1987 D110 Tithonus

Registry
Who the hell made a threat against your 300Tdi? It's a beautiful motor in an awesome truck, are they bigoted or what? What's wrong with them?
Advertisement

Old December 20th, 2014, 06:11 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddymow View Post
Who the hell made a threat against your 300Tdi? It's a beautiful motor in an awesome truck, are they bigoted or what? What's wrong with them?
It wasn't against me or anyone here specifically. I'll PM you the details.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/
/
Old December 20th, 2014, 06:13 PM
crown14
Verticalscrote
Volkswagen Super Beetle
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ren Ching View Post
Well if you left some parts at my house and I sold them without your permission you would probably still feel like I stole them. But it might be hard to prove in court. Jeezus I gotta explain everything to this dweb shit talker?
Seriously. Might I suggest that you put him on the ignore list like I did.
Advertisement

Old December 20th, 2014, 06:26 PM
fishEH
Brett Fritzler
94, 95, 96 D1's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ren Ching View Post
Well if you left some parts at my house and I sold them without your permission you would probably still feel like I stole them. But it might be hard to prove in court. Jeezus I gotta explain everything to this dweb shit talker?
Wasn't "talking shit", was just asking what seemed like an obvious question. Where are the police in all this? A question that still hasn't been answered by the OP, BTW. There has been a lot of speculation and assumptions made by you and others, but little to no facts. IF the case is a civil matter and not criminal, then what would be the harm in actually buying the parts? Any restitution that the OP sees would be monetary paid by the accused. I don't believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that parts could be seized from a third party that had bought them and forced to be returned in a civil case.
My point is there is little fact in this thread and a lot of unanswered questions. I was not being a smart ass nor talking shit, if anything I was playing a little devil's advocate to get some things answered.

Next time I'll PM you my posts first to make sure they don't hurt your feelings. (NOW I'm being a smart ass, just to clarify)
Old December 20th, 2014, 06:30 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishEH View Post
I don't believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that parts could be seized from a third party that had bought them and forced to be returned in a civil case.
This happens all the time. If you buy stolen property, the police can take it from you. I don't doubt for a minute that Mark could recover some of these things if he could prove that the eBay seller stole them from him.

/
/
/
/
Old December 20th, 2014, 06:31 PM
fishEH
Brett Fritzler
94, 95, 96 D1's

Quote:
Originally Posted by crown14 View Post
Seriously. Might I suggest that you put him on the ignore list like I did.
C'mon Joel, I thought we were moving past all that. I even agreed with something you said the other day.

------ Follow up post added December 20th, 2014 05:34 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris snell View Post
This happens all the time. If you buy stolen property, the police can take it from you. I don't doubt for a minute that Mark could recover some of these things if he could prove that the eBay seller stole them from him.
Right, the Police. Now I'm not a lawer, but I didn't think the Police were involved in Civil cases.
Which is why my first post asked where the Police were in this matter.
FWIW, I think it sucks that the OP got hosed, I hope he gets all his parts back, and I don't advocate buying stolen parts.
Old December 20th, 2014, 07:32 PM
the rover shop
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130

Quote:
Wasn't "talking shit", was just asking what seemed like an obvious question. Where are the police in all this? A question that still hasn't been answered by the OP, BTW. There has been a lot of speculation and assumptions made by you and others, but little to no facts. IF the case is a civil matter and not criminal, then what would be the harm in actually buying the parts? Any restitution that the OP sees would be monetary paid by the accused. I don't believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that parts could be seized from a third party that had bought them and forced to be returned in a civil case.
My point is there is little fact in this thread and a lot of unanswered questions. I was not being a smart ass nor talking shit, if anything I was playing a little devil's advocate to get some things answered.

Next time I'll PM you my posts first to make sure they don't hurt your feelings. (NOW I'm being a smart ass, just to clarify)
The difference between a smart ass and a a dumb ass is a dumb ass doesn't know when to just shut the f*** up..
Old December 20th, 2014, 07:45 PM
Brewie212
Brian Kandefer
1957 107 wagon, 94 arles St, 101 FC

Quote:
Originally Posted by the rover shop View Post
The difference between a smart ass and a a dumb ass is a dumb ass doesn't know when to just shut the f*** up..
I think I just pissed myself when I read that!!! That is f'n awesome, that's going in my bag of one liners!
Old December 20th, 2014, 07:49 PM
fishEH
Brett Fritzler
94, 95, 96 D1's

Quote:
Originally Posted by the rover shop View Post
Wow, that was clever. You read that in the back of a magazine?

Mark, I hope you get your parts back.
Old December 20th, 2014, 08:04 PM
fishEH
Brett Fritzler
94, 95, 96 D1's

Quote:
So where are the police in all this?
Quote:
Since when is theft of thousands of dollars of goods not criminal?
Quote:
I'd like to ask the mods to change the title of this thread to "Do not buy ownership disputed parts".
Quote:
Precisely why the title of the thread should be changed from "stolen" to "ownership disputed".
Just so I'm clear my above statements qualify as "talking shit", right? I wasn't being pissy or a smart ass, just asking some questions and making a kind of dumb joke, which apparently resulted in people getting upset.
Whatever you say, guys.
Old December 20th, 2014, 08:32 PM
the rover shop
shayne young

No.. You just have a history of making stupid asshat troll like comments.. Like when you said that I shouldn't be allowed to buy parts because you thought I couldn't possibly have enough trucks to put them on..and your accusations that I was selling them to customers... Every time I see one of your posts I cringe at the thought of how much of an ass you are going to make of yourself this time..you sir, are the proverbial train wreck..
Old December 20th, 2014, 08:36 PM
Hardtimes
Russell Newhall
110dc, 110sw, 97 nas90 LE

Registry
Quote:
Just so I'm clear.
It is clear to us but obviously not to you. Chew on this. Do you think 8 thread posts in a mostly defender forum about parts specifically for defenders of which you are in no danger of purchasing is appropriate? Nobody gets pissy because you are a smartass, (Hell, the site would be shut down if they couldn't handle that) they get pissy because you can't seem to figure out your opinion doesn't matter in most things pertaining to this board.

I for one am very grateful for the thread because I was eyeing a few of these parts for my 110 build and don't want to blow my money on questionable goods.
Old December 20th, 2014, 08:36 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
I'm still not sure what the fuss is about , but since you brought it, up, the "edit to your post" was actually an edit to the post by lone_star_d90 (at his request) which you quoted so needed the same edit, and was the typical edit you guys ask for - removing a few words that might lead someone to think something you didn't want them to think. So not "your post", but the "post you quoted inside your post". Jeesh.

Anyhow, if you want your thread deleted, PM me. I'm not sure what transpired when you asked Carl and couldn't be bothered to look it up, but my recollection was that of surprise (not in the general sense that I usually am when you guys want these deleted because I think it's silly) but because you ask me to call you which I did, in which we had a conversation where you told me you were considering it and I told you that I thought it was silly but if you felt you needed to then I would, and then didn't just ask me when you finally decided to.

Back to whatever you guys were bickering about.

Quote:
Charles has no problem editing my posts at other peoples' request without asking me first, though:

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...8&postcount=28

He did message me afterwards but my point stands. I've asked Carl twice to delete the build thread and it's still up.

Edit: I asked Carl, not Charles. Carl passed my request along to the other mods, which presumably includes Charles and the rest.
Old December 20th, 2014, 08:48 PM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

Holllyyy Cow...
Old December 20th, 2014, 08:56 PM
Red90
John B.
1991 Defender 90, 200TDI
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Highly unlikely. There was a disgruntled customer thread that someone (Aaron? customer? who knows...) asked to be deleted and it was. Let's set the record straight: I asked for my build thread to be deleted when D90 users started making vague threats against 300Tdi owners earlier this year. For the record, despite me asking twice, the thread was not deleted. It's still here.
If anyone wants moderation done you must report the thread using the report tool. We then discuss and make a decision. If it is not the decision you like, oh well. Private messages are not the way to get any results.

Land Rover. Turning owners into mechanics since 1948.
Old December 20th, 2014, 09:14 PM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red90 View Post
If anyone wants moderation done you must report the thread using the report tool. We then discuss and make a decision. If it is not the decision you like, oh well. Private messages are not the way to get any results.
That doesn't work...I've solicited for weeks to have at least 2000 posts from Nathanwind removed as being useless, vindictive banter...Alas nothing has been done!
Old December 20th, 2014, 09:38 PM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Larson View Post
That doesn't work...I've solicited for weeks to have at least 2000 posts from Nathanwind removed as being useless, vindictive banter...Alas nothing has been done!
awesome! I knew we'd get this thread back on track
Old December 20th, 2014, 09:56 PM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPT90 View Post
awesome! I knew we'd get this thread back on track

Old December 20th, 2014, 10:06 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
I can't breathe...

ISIL and al qaeda can go F*ck themselves...
Old December 20th, 2014, 10:26 PM
the rover shop
shayne young

Yeah, and I've asked for 5,248 of bills to be deleted....just coz..

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
part, parts