Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old December 17th, 2014, 11:36 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
Ummmm Chris, they were stolen...read the post above and the eBay usernames are right there?
That post is from Briggs, not Himalaya. If Mark knows the username of the seller of the stolen parts, he should post it up. My point is not to vilify Mark--on the contrary: I think most of us have a pretty good idea of who is behind this but nobody with the first-hand knowledge is willing to say the guy's name on here and that bothers me. People on this forum will throw every other half-shady seller under the bus in a moment's notice but the person in Briggs' post has escaped any real thrashing here despite years of shady business. In fact, there have been incidences of accusatory forum posts being deleted by the moderators--this happened a number of years back--making some folks here suspect that some mods are covering for this guy.

As for me, I have no first-hand knowledge whatsoever so I'm not naming names. But surely someone here does and they should speak up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/
/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 17th, 2014, 11:46 PM
the rover shop
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130

So on another totally unrelated topic..wasn't Aaron working for Himalaya...does he still work for Himalaya.. And did anything ever turn up regarding the defender 130 that went missing.. Me thinks there maybe a land rover black hole in that neck of the woods..kinda like the Bermuda Triangle for land rover stuff..
Old December 18th, 2014, 12:16 AM
fishEH
Brett Fritzler
94, 95, 96 D1's

So where are the police in all this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 18th, 2014, 12:42 AM
RX6RCROL
Matthew Hedrick
1994 D-90 #646

Registry
Wasn't there a thread started here a few months back about all those Wilmington parts when they were first posted on eBay?
Old December 18th, 2014, 12:49 AM
javelinadave
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX6RCROL View Post
Wasn't there a thread started here a few months back about all those Wilmington parts when they were first posted on eBay?
Right here
Old December 18th, 2014, 01:18 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris snell View Post
That post is from Briggs, not Himalaya. If Mark knows the username of the seller of the stolen parts, he should post it up. My point is not to vilify Mark--on the contrary: I think most of us have a pretty good idea of who is behind this but nobody with the first-hand knowledge is willing to say the guy's name on here and that bothers me. People on this forum will throw every other half-shady seller under the bus in a moment's notice but the person in Briggs' post has escaped any real thrashing here despite years of shady business. In fact, there have been incidences of accusatory forum posts being deleted by the moderators--this happened a number of years back--making some folks here suspect that some mods are covering for this guy.

As for me, I have no first-hand knowledge whatsoever so I'm not naming names. But surely someone here does and they should speak up.
Wow. Not sure what you expect, it takes two warm brain cells to figure this out. Clearly on advice from counsel Mark cannot say anything more because of the pending litigation he alluded to in his first post, and he very clearly states he does not want the name posted for that same reason. Of course the party is known. This it is a civil matter not criminal and they are waiting for a court date. He did the community a favor because enthusiast's could be buying these up and a judge may side with Mark and have them tracked down and returned to Mark which is obviously his goal. In that case the enthusiast is out his money.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Old December 19th, 2014, 10:23 PM
rankar
Randy
97 SW #2236 (Maggie)

Registry
Man, this really stinks. Sorry Mark. I'll keep my eyes and ears open for anything.
Old December 19th, 2014, 10:55 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Just wondering if the post about the 130 theft and maybe this one are made up.
So many things stolen at the same time. Don't we hear of so many stolen and broken Defenders in the UK, of all the Police activity surrounding that. A massive clamp down on LR parts and imports by US customs.
It all seems so unusual and perhaps coincidental that so much activity takes place in a certain area. Claiming parts as having been stolen would be a convenient way to dispose of illegally imported parts.

Is someone here playing the rest of us for fools?

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Old December 19th, 2014, 10:56 PM
fishEH
Brett Fritzler
94, 95, 96 D1's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Douglas View Post
Wow. Not sure what you expect, it takes two warm brain cells to figure this out. Clearly on advice from counsel Mark cannot say anything more because of the pending litigation he alluded to in his first post, and he very clearly states he does not want the name posted for that same reason. Of course the party is known. This it is a civil matter not criminal and they are waiting for a court date. He did the community a favor because enthusiast's could be buying these up and a judge may side with Mark and have them tracked down and returned to Mark which is obviously his goal. In that case the enthusiast is out his money.
Since when is theft of thousands of dollars of goods not criminal?
Old December 19th, 2014, 11:59 PM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete
'84 90 "Yamelo"/'88 RRC "Chewbacca"

Registry
It sounds like this is more of a property dispute than a criminal proceeding.

Or, to better answer your question:

http://bit.ly/1wwtPcX

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishEH View Post
Since when is theft of thousands of dollars of goods not criminal?
Old December 20th, 2014, 09:16 AM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Chris this is absurd. The mods have done nothing for Aaron that they haven't done for anyone else who have requested posts or threads be deleted (including yourself). Do some folks suspect we are covering up for you too?

You can put your tin foil hat away. Besides didn't you declare this site dead anyway? LOL

Quote:
In fact, there have been incidences of accusatory forum posts being deleted by the moderators--this happened a number of years back--making some folks here suspect that some mods are covering for this guy.
Old December 20th, 2014, 09:58 AM
fishEH
Brett Fritzler
94, 95, 96 D1's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ren Ching View Post
It sounds like this is more of a property dispute than a criminal proceeding.

Or, to better answer your question:

http://bit.ly/1wwtPcX
I'd like to ask the mods to change the title of this thread to "Do not buy ownership disputed parts".
Old December 20th, 2014, 09:59 AM
revtor
Steve Maietta
1969 IIA 88" Bugeye

Registry
Good luck with this. The NC Rover scum need to be squashed hard. I hope the law is involved in this.
Old December 20th, 2014, 10:09 AM
o2batsea
Bill Adams
66 109 sw 94 lwb

Registry
Fortunately I am not wealthy enough for this to affect me in any way

1966 109 5 door wagon 300Tdi "spermaceti fueled"
1994 RRC LeWiB "ruining the air behind me"
1968 2A 88

All my troubles are Rover
Old December 20th, 2014, 10:58 AM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete

Registry
Its really not that complicated Brett. Stop hitting yourself. An accusation of theft without sufficient evidence of criminal intent or wrongdoing most likely wont result in criminal charges. The plaintiff can still attempt to achieve redress through a civil proceeding.

Quote:
I'd like to ask the mods to change the title of this thread to "Do not buy ownership disputed parts".
Old December 20th, 2014, 11:38 AM
fishEH
Brett Fritzler
94, 95, 96 D1's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ren Ching View Post
Its really not that complicated Brett. Stop hitting yourself. An accusation of theft without sufficient evidence of criminal intent or wrongdoing most likely wont result in criminal charges. The plaintiff can still attempt to achieve redress through a civil proceeding.
Precisely why the title of the thread should be changed from "stolen" to "ownership disputed".
Old December 20th, 2014, 12:27 PM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete

Registry
Quote:
Precisely why the title of the thread should be changed from "stolen" to "ownership disputed".
Well if you left some parts at my house and I sold them without your permission you would probably still feel like I stole them. But it might be hard to prove in court. Jeezus I gotta explain everything to this dweb shit talker?

Present:
1960 SII 109"- "Red Square"
1984 90 Tdi- "Yamelo"
1988 RRC- "Chewbacca"
1987 RRC- "Chewy 2"
2008 RRS SC- "The Supersofa"

Past:
1959 SII 88"- "The Little Green Beastie" last seen in NY
1972 SIII 88"- "GreenHELL" now in NC
1988 90 "Eric the Half a Bee" half a truck, sold for parts
1991 RRC- never got a name- long since recycled
Old December 20th, 2014, 05:31 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalpin View Post
Chris this is absurd. The mods have done nothing for Aaron that they haven't done for anyone else who have requested posts or threads be deleted (including yourself). Do some folks suspect we are covering up for you too?
Highly unlikely. There was a disgruntled customer thread that someone (Aaron? customer? who knows...) asked to be deleted and it was.

Let's set the record straight: I asked for my build thread to be deleted when D90 users started making vague threats against 300Tdi owners earlier this year. For the record, despite me asking twice, the thread was not deleted. It's still here.

/
/
/
/
Old December 20th, 2014, 05:34 PM
Z.G
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1

Registry
Quote:
Highly unlikely. There was a disgruntled customer thread that someone (Aaron? customer? who knows...) to be deleted and it was.

Let's set the record straight: I asked for my build thread to be deleted when D90 users started making vague threats against 300Tdi owners earlier this year. For the record, despite me asking twice, the thread was not deleted. It's still here.
To be fair, I'd hate to see that thread get deleted....it's a great thread
Old December 20th, 2014, 05:38 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Charles has no problem editing my posts at other peoples' request without asking me first, though:

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...8&postcount=28

He did message me afterwards but my point stands. I've asked Carl twice to delete the build thread and it's still up.

Edit: I asked Carl, not Charles. Carl passed my request along to the other mods, which presumably includes Charles and the rest.

/
/
/
/

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
part, parts