disco question - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old November 21st, 2006, 10:25 PM
paul girard
disco question

I know that this is d90 only. But I know that there are several people on here who have experiance with disco's as I have seen the post's. I have the chance to get a really good deal on a 2000 disco with 89,000 miles. It has had almost no work done on it except oil changes - it just got new brakes. It does have a leak in the exhaust manifold. It has not been driven that much in the last 3 years and was only used as a mall crawler. One minor wreck that required the rear bumper to be replaced- frame is straight it was more cosmetic.No rust Florida vehicle.

Now my question is -am I getting into a big headache(money pit) due to the miles and no real maintenance being done on it? I plan on taking it to a mechanic but just wanted to get some feed back. Anyone know roughly what it would cost to do the exhaust manifold? Based on the no maintenance, what am I roughly looking at dollar wise to catch it up, so it won't be a problem for me.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat