Did Safari HP lose Exmoor Trim USA? - Page 5 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old March 10th, 2014, 11:19 AM
keith humphreys
aka: Mr Fancy Pants
i miss Steve H!
for the record i love RN. no games, no joking around [unless is start it], easy, simple, they are not really salesman trying to up sell you. if i am ordering parts - i usually go out of my way to get it from them.

its just easier!

plus, when i need something i need it tomorrow [or that day] so paying a touch more to have it that quickly is worth it to me. by a long shot.

the other smaller places i have tried to use - but this day they are here, next day no one answers the phones. or they forget to call you back after they look up the part. i am not throwing stones at ANYONE else. just saying its tough to get fast, quick, easy service.

Old March 11th, 2014, 04:07 PM
large pile of parts
Personally, I have no problem paying a premium if the person at the other end of the line is knowledgeable, has stock and doesn't waste my time. That said, I've never thought RN's pricing was out of line, it is mostly OEM stuff.

For my Land-Cruiser I literally have to babysit the arseholes in the parts department at the local dealer, and they still charge me full retail minus 10% (whoop deee doo). I need to dig out part numbers, they can't find anything on fiche, never call back etc. Just freaking useless. In comparison getting rover parts is an absolute breeze.

Ongoing Defender/Series inspired crew cab project
Diesel-swapped 1994 80 series Land-cruiser

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat