Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old February 23rd, 2015, 03:03 PM
LuisC
Luis Constantin
98 Disvovery 1 LE

Registry
Detroit ISIS camp.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/06/op...-solution.html

It looks like Michigan governor wants to bring the fight here.
What an opportunity for ISIS.
Advertisement

Old February 23rd, 2015, 03:17 PM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisC View Post
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/06/op...-solution.html

It looks like Michigan governor wants to bring the fight here.
What an opportunity for ISIS.
Did you post the wrong link?
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Old February 23rd, 2015, 04:00 PM
drdread
AL
'94 NAS 90 SW

Registry

I think he might be implying that ISIS would take advantage of such an opening in immigration policy.

Advertisement

Old February 23rd, 2015, 04:35 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
the first IED triggered by a free Obama cell phone and I'm moving to Australia

ISIL and al qaeda can go F*ck themselves...
Old February 23rd, 2015, 04:37 PM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete
'84 90 "Yamelo"/'88 RRC "Chewbacca"

Registry
I heard they put one inside a beagle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlander View Post
Old February 23rd, 2015, 04:47 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ren Ching View Post
I heard they put one inside a beagle.
That's no joke! AQI put them in donkeys and dogs all the time when I was over there. cut them open alive, put the explosives in, sew them up and slap their ass to get them to walk to US or Iraqi troops.

http://nypost.com/2010/11/07/failed-...s-inside-dogs/

Old February 23rd, 2015, 04:51 PM
the rover shop
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130

Quote:
I called a coupla mates.....you ain't getting in now..
Old February 23rd, 2015, 04:52 PM
TMWTP
Jon
1989 One Ten

Registry
I can't imagine the Michigan Militia would be very happy about this. But, there is a strong Muslim population in the mitten. Da Yoopers wouldn't put up with that.
'12 Rockware 3-seat rock buggy - FOR SALE!
'13 LR4 - FOR SALE!
'83 110 - FOR SALE!
Old February 23rd, 2015, 04:58 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by the rover shop View Post
I called a coupla mates.....you ain't getting in now..

I have a passport that says Jeff Briggs. I'm good

Old February 23rd, 2015, 06:34 PM
the rover shop
shayne young

Quote:
I have a passport that says Jeff Briggs. I'm good
Yeah...let me know how THAT little gem works out for ya...they've got an extra special surprise for HIM waiting at the little cavity search room... Ask for Stephen..if they don't know who you're talking about, ask for Stephanie...same person..different dress..
Old February 23rd, 2015, 06:45 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

This needs to go to the mud pit

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Old February 23rd, 2015, 06:49 PM
the rover shop
shayne young

Do you guys work on commission for stuff to go to the mud pit...that's all I ever hear....
Old February 23rd, 2015, 06:51 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

This post (here on D90) is moronic. Anybody in business with half a brain knows that H1-B visas are not "an opportunity for ISIS". By opening up H1-B, we are not opening the door to jihadists--we're opening the door to intellectuals and business people with academic and corporate credentials.

If Governor Snyder wanted to revitalize Detroit, he should start by supporting efforts to bring gigabit+ fiber optic internet to the city core and provide low-cost, renovated office space to tech startups and incubators.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/
/
Old February 23rd, 2015, 07:54 PM
the rover shop
shayne young

One of the reasons why the economy as well as the country is floundering can be seen in the underlyings of the article itself...it's all about.."why should those people get visas and other people not."... Why should they get jobs and other people not.."... People are too busy looking at solely what's in it for ME.??.. Stimulate the economy in these areas and trickle down effect comes into play...stop making it so lucrative for big corporations to get bailouts for big dollar execs while still getting rewarded for taking the manufacturing out of the country..implement incentive programs for people to buy vehicles and goods made in the USA.. Make it less lucrative for Chinese knockoffs flooding the market.. Raise import taxes so that it's actually cheaper to buy stuff made in the USA than it is to buy a Kia, or a Hyundai... But use the increased revenue generated by higher import taxes to offset the initial increase in those goods made here, maybe offer tax breaks for companies to come back to places like Detroit... Nowhere before other than the USA have I seen so many new cars, we have become a society of disposable cars because cars have become so cheap due to the flooding of the market of imports..make it so that people keep their cars longer and the trickle down to the auto industry helps stimulate the blue collar class, make it so that it's not more profitable to stay on welfare than it is to get a job... Stop rewarding people for having 8 children..tighten your unskilled immigration laws.. If you can't find a job within 6 months of getting here, go back home..or better yet, if you don't have a job to go to you can't come here..if you aren't working you don't get free schooling and handouts.. As evidenced by another thread on this board, there are people looking for employees but nobody wants to do good old fashioned hard work that is "below" them... Gone are the days where a trade is a noble skill to have.. Self respect and morals are quickly becoming dinosaurs..
Old February 23rd, 2015, 08:19 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren

Registry
Quote:
One of the reasons why the economy as well as the country is floundering can be seen in the underlyings of the article itself...it's all about.."why should those people get visas and other people not."... Why should they get jobs and other people not.."... People are too busy looking at solely what's in it for ME.??.. Stimulate the economy in these areas and trickle down effect comes into play...stop making it so lucrative for big corporations to get bailouts for big dollar execs while still getting rewarded for taking the manufacturing out of the country..implement incentive programs for people to buy vehicles and goods made in the USA.. Make it less lucrative for Chinese knockoffs flooding the market.. Raise import taxes so that it's actually cheaper to buy stuff made in the USA than it is to buy a Kia, or a Hyundai... But use the increased revenue generated by higher import taxes to offset the initial increase in those goods made here, maybe offer tax breaks for companies to come back to places like Detroit... Nowhere before other than the USA have I seen so many new cars, we have become a society of disposable cars because cars have become so cheap due to the flooding of the market of imports..make it so that people keep their cars longer and the trickle down to the auto industry helps stimulate the blue collar class, make it so that it's not more profitable to stay on welfare than it is to get a job... Stop rewarding people for having 8 children..tighten your unskilled immigration laws.. If you can't find a job within 6 months of getting here, go back home..or better yet, if you don't have a job to go to you can't come here..if you aren't working you don't get free schooling and handouts.. As evidenced by another thread on this board, there are people looking for employees but nobody wants to do good old fashioned hard work that is "below" them... Gone are the days where a trade is a noble skill to have.. Self respect and morals are quickly becoming dinosaurs..
Now why can't we get this kind of attention to detail from Broward county?

Old February 23rd, 2015, 09:26 PM
Daddymow
Raub A.
1987 D110 Tithonus

Registry
Quote:

The Australia people have long been disarmed and neutered. No place for free men (unless of course you hate guns and believe the world is a safer place where only governments, criminals and terrorists should be the only ones to have the ability to arm themselves.)
Old February 23rd, 2015, 09:46 PM
Daddymow
Raub A.
1987 D110 Tithonus

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris snell View Post
This post (here on D90) is moronic. Anybody in business with half a brain knows that H1-B visas are not "an opportunity for ISIS". By opening up H1-B, we are not opening the door to jihadists--we're opening the door to intellectuals and business people with academic and corporate credentials.

If Governor Snyder wanted to revitalize Detroit, he should start by supporting efforts to bring gigabit+ fiber optic internet to the city core and provide low-cost, renovated office space to tech startups and incubators.

You bunch of half brained morons it is intellectuals and business people with academic and corporate credentials like these guys:

The WTC North Tower Plane (AA Flight 11, Boston to Los Angeles)

1. Mohamed Atta Egyptian (43) pilot
    • Born in Egypt in 1968.
    • Graduated from Cairo Univ. with degree in Architectural Engineering in 1990.
    • Obtained visitor visa in Berlin Germany, May 2000.
    • Entered U.S. at Newark on June 3, 2000 on tourist visa and given entry permit until December 2, 2000.
    • Applied in Sept. 2000 to INS for change in status to trainee.
    • Attended Huffman Aviation school in Venice Florida with al-Shehhi.
    • Arrested in Florida for driving without license, and failed to show up for court date bench warrant issued.
    • Subsequently obtained Florida driver's license.
    • Obtained FAA pilot's certificate.
    • According to the 2/04 Staff Report of the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks, had overstayed his entry permit as of Dec. 4, 2000.
    • Flew to Madrid Jan. 2001.
    • United Arab Emirate (UAE) authorities state Atta detained in January 2001 on basis of his name appearing on terrorist alert list, but was not held in absence of U.S. charges. UAE states that U.S. authorities were warned Atta intended to return to U.S.
    • Returned to U.S. on January 10, 2001 at Miami and was sent to secondary inspection because he acknowledged being in flight training but did not have required trainee visa. Interagency Border Information System (IBIS) database checked. Admitted by INS based on pending application for change to trainee status.
    • Moved to Georgia in Jan. 2001 for additional flight training with al-Shehhi.
    • Left U.S. and returned from Madrid on July 19, 2001 and given permission to stay until November 2, 2001.
    • Also lived in Hollywood and Coral Springs, Fla.
    • Received change of status approval by INS in September a year after the attacks.
  2. The WTC South Tower Plane (UA Flight 175, Boston to Los Angeles)
    1. Marwan al-Shehhi (or Alshehhi) United Arab Emirates pilot
      • Studied electrical engineering at Tech. Univ. in Hamburg.
      • In January 2000, obtained 10-year, multiple entry tourist visa in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
      • Entered the U.S. in May 2000, applied September for change of status to student.
      • Attended flight school in Florida, obtained FAA pilot's certificate.
      • Took at least 3 trips out of U.S. and back. (Overstayed entry permit as of Nov. 2000, left U.S. in Dec. 2000, returned Jan. 2001.)
      • Attended flight school in Georgia with Atta in Jan. 2001. According to the 2/04 Staff Report of the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks, was sent to secondary inspection, but was admitted.)
      • Flew to Egypt April 8, 2001, returned from Morocco May 2, 2001.
      • In legal nonimmigrant status at the time of the attack.
      • Lived in New York City area, Georgia and moved to Hollywood, Fla. in July with Atta and trained at Huffman Aviation in Venice.
      • Had a Florida driver's license. 3.
  3. The Pennsylvania Plane (UA Flight 93, Newark to San Francisco)

1. Ziad Samir Jarrah Lebanese pilot
      • Born in Lebanon in 1975.
      • Studied aircraft construction and maintenance at Hamburg tech. univ. 1996-00.
      • Obtained five-year, multiple-entry tourist visa in Germany.
      • Entered U.S. in June 27, 2000 at Atlanta.
      • Trained as a pilot in Venice, Florida and Virginia Gardens, Florida but never obtained student trainee visa. Received FAA pilot's certificate.
      • Took at least 5 trips out of U.S. and back (flew to Germany July 25 and returned August 5, 2001).
      • Lived in Delray Beach, Fla.
      • In legal nonimmigrant status at the time of the attack.
      • Had a Florida driver's license.

Old February 23rd, 2015, 09:51 PM
the rover shop
shayne young

Seriously.???.. Yeah, only countries that allow citizens to carry guns are the land where men are free...right...sorry to hear that you feel that if your gun is taken away that you become less of a man.. The statistics speak for themselves.. And we are NOT disarmed, a good portion of Australians are armed, we just aren't feeling like we have to have a gun to feel free...or to be a man..

------ Follow up post added February 23rd, 2015 09:58 PM ------

And yep... Your next post shows just how the land of the free works...and atta didn't have a gun...
Old February 23rd, 2015, 10:16 PM
SMac
Sam
NAS 97 D90 SW

Quote:
Seriously.???.. Yeah, only countries that allow citizens to carry guns are the land where men are free...right...sorry to hear that you feel that if your gun is taken away that you become less of a man.. The statistics speak for themselves.. And we are NOT disarmed, a good portion of Australians are armed, we just aren't feeling like we have to have a gun to feel free...or to be a man.. ------ Follow up post added February 23rd, 2015 09:58 PM ------ And yep... Your next post shows just how the land of the free works...and atta didn't have a gun...
Interesting comment from a foreigner on a board full of mostly red blooded Yanks. Especially when the Aussie data is at best inconclusive about the effectiveness of the NFA. I know next to nothing about Aussie history, and judging from your comments, neither do you about American history.
Old February 23rd, 2015, 10:22 PM
Daddymow
Raub A.
1987 D110 Tithonus

Registry
My inalienable right to keep and bear arms (as spelled out in Bill of Rights of the Constitution of The United States of America) may mean little or nothing to you sir, however I hold them very dear, as I do the other 9, my manhood notwithstanding.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat