Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old August 18th, 2014, 03:37 PM
kevincdoyle
Kevin C. Doyle
1995 NAS D90 Coniston Green SW

Registry
demographics question....

Why is it "racist" or "inappropriate" to inquire about the demographic make-up of Ferguson, MO or, for that matter, any other "trouble spot". I listended to Dr. Ben Carson this am on the radio and he said that if you take Chicago, IL, Washington, DC, Detroit, MI and NYC, NY out of the equation, that gun violence in the US is essentially non-existent, statistically speaking. Hmmmm.....

What's up with that? I realize Mr. Clements' lies, damn lies, and statistics may play a role here, but seriously, what's up?

Why is everyone, in every community, afraid to address this issue? Is it "racist" to even consider this? Every single one of the 9/11 hijackers was of Arab descent as far as I know, so why isn't it appropriate to screen for that? Virtually every single mass-murderer is white, same question? Spouse killer; the spouse, child molester; family, I could go on and on but seriously....my point is, just like any physician treats the first standard deviation of possibilities, why can't the Po-Po? There is a lot of truth to stereotypes...trust me, I'm Irish..

I will end my rant with this; I'm tired of being blamed and pilloried for the sins of my father. Minorities, of one I am very rapidly becoming, perpetuate their own discrimination. White, black, asian, hispanic, jewish, christian, muslim, koreshian, 2nd native american, etc. ad nauseum are endangering us all. Study hard, work hard, be innovative and kind and there is no limit...

Just wondering....

KCD

"I actually like to paint some of my smaller parts......"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 18th, 2014, 03:46 PM
tjfslaughter
thomas
Burbon

Have you seen the YouTube video?
Old August 18th, 2014, 03:55 PM
kevincdoyle
Kevin C. Doyle

Registry
well....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjfslaughter View Post
Have you seen the YouTube video?
I've seen several You-Tube videos, the one with the deceased in the street or the one with the deceased "allegedly" stealing cigars....?

the commonality of these "trouble spots" is what??? My fault??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 18th, 2014, 04:44 PM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
HAHAHA its like the BBC was reading your mind: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-28839522

It's not a race thing, imagine if a child was shot in broad daylight in your community after stealing a $50 item from a convenience store. I mean you might not be looting the businesses of your friends and neighbors, but when you're broke and unemployed, those businesses don't belong to your friends and neighbors...
Old August 18th, 2014, 04:55 PM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevincdoyle View Post
the commonality of these "trouble spots" is what??? My fault??
Would it be weird to you if every police officer in a predominantly Caucasian town was of Japanese decent? Wouldn't you assume that there was some sort of back door dealing in place to keep other qualified members of the community out of the force?

The riots and looting are juvenile but very characteristic of low income neighborhoods, black, white, or otherwise.

Also...
Old August 18th, 2014, 04:56 PM
kevincdoyle
Kevin C. Doyle

Registry
that's one of the one's I viewed..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtomchik View Post
HAHAHA its like the BBC was reading your mind: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-28839522

It's not a race thing, imagine if a child was shot in broad daylight in your community after stealing a $50 item from a convenience store. I mean you might not be looting the businesses of your friends and neighbors, but when you're broke and unemployed, those businesses don't belong to your friends and neighbors...

needed a translator for half of it....

and, if any of the early reports can be believed, he did not simply walk out with a box of cigars, he threatened to beat the shit out of the purveyor and most importantly, the cop had no idea that this was the guy involved in that theft,

also, let's not forget, the "kid" was a 6 foot 4 inch 300 pound man...this teenager moniker needs to end...

------ Follow up post added August 18th, 2014 08:58 PM ------

Quote:
Would it be weird to you if every police officer in a predominantly Caucasian town was of Japanese decent? Wouldn't you assume that there was some sort of back door dealing in place to keep other qualified members of the community out of the force?

The riots and looting are juvenile but very characteristic of low income neighborhoods, black, white, or otherwise.

Also...

mild term to put to YOUR house or YOUR place of business being destroyed.....

Old August 18th, 2014, 05:12 PM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Quote:
needed a translator for half of it....
and, if any of the early reports can be believed, he did not simply walk out with a box of cigars, he threatened to beat the shit out of the purveyor and most importantly, the cop had no idea that this was the guy involved in that theft,
So what? I grew up in neighborhoods where crack heads used to try and get in your car at stop signs, I've seen PR swarm unsuspecting victims in the streets. Judging by the employment statistics in this area I bet its not a place you'd walk through alone at night. If that little guy was willing to get beat up for a $50 box of cigars instead of just calling the police when those two kids left I'd say he's lucky all he got was shoved.

Quote:
also, let's not forget, the "kid" was a 6 foot 4 inch 300 pound man...this teenager moniker needs to end...
Teenager refers to the individuals age, he just graduated high school. Mind you his physical size does make him a threat to most 'average' kids his age in a playground fight. But the firearm and pepper spray of the police officer should level the playing field in most altercations (also, the officer's training and restraint are a factor)

Quote:
mild term to put to YOUR house or YOUR place of business being destroyed.....
I would presume the average looter is below the age of 21 and unemployed (hence the term juvenile) but I could be wrong, there aren't a lot of statistics on looting, just commenting on the video footage I've seen.
Old August 18th, 2014, 05:24 PM
bigrichmanitoba
Dick Manitoba
No Rovers, Series or Defenders

JTomChick #checkyourwhiteprivilege #scaredofblackpeople
Old August 18th, 2014, 05:36 PM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrichmanitoba View Post

JTomChick #checkyourwhiteprivilege #scaredofblackpeople

I blocked you some time ago because you were an idiot, for some reason I felt the need to see your comment, instead of asking you what, specifically, I said was racist I am just going to block you again.
Old August 18th, 2014, 05:40 PM
bigrichmanitoba
Dick Manitoba

Quote:
I blocked you some time ago because you were an idiot, for some reason I felt the need to see your comment, instead of asking you what, specifically, I said was racist I am just going to block you again.
#dontblockbigrichmanitoba
Old August 18th, 2014, 05:41 PM
ezzzzzzz
Mark Garrenton
Too many here or gone to list here

"Teenager refers to the individuals age, he just graduated high school. Mind you his physical size does make him a threat to most 'average' kids his age in a playground fight. But the firearm and pepper spray of the police officer should level the playing field in most altercations (also, the officer's training and restraint are a factor)"

Assume that this teenager has ignored your demands, as a police officer, 'to stop'. Then imagine that he turns around (NOT facing away with arms raised hollering out "Don't Shoot" as his friend claimed) and all 6'4"/292lbs coming running directly at you. You've got 35' of distance or the equivalent of < 4 seconds to respond. So tell me you're going to let this mountain of a man, acting in an aggressive behavior, just run you over? Fuck no! This 'kid' knew he had just committed robbery. It has to be considered that he thought the officer also knew this. By the way, this 'kid' has a record of armed robbery and physical assault in what appears to have been a home invasion back in 2013. We don't know what is concealed in his juvy records. Oh yeah, while we're bashing the white police officer shooting an unarmed child, 51 blacks were maimed or killed by other blacks in NYC and Shitcago in the last 24 hours. Not a fucking peep from Obama, Eric, Al, Jesse or the NBP. The MSM swept it under the rug too.

------ Follow up post added August 18th, 2014 05:44 PM ------

6 shots and this kid finally succombs to the last 2 head shots! This is why I carry a .45, not a 9mm. 2 or 3 hollowpoints would have torn the arm off this perp. The head shots wouldn't have been needed.
Old August 18th, 2014, 05:57 PM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezzzzzzz View Post
"Teenager refers to the individuals age, he just graduated high school. Mind you his physical size does make him a threat to most 'average' kids his age in a playground fight. But the firearm and pepper spray of the police officer should level the playing field in most altercations (also, the officer's training and restraint are a factor)"

Assume that this teenager has ignored your demands, as a police officer, 'to stop'. Then imagine that he turns around (NOT facing away with arms raised hollering out "Don't Shoot" as his friend claimed) and all 6'4"/292lbs coming running directly at you. You've got 35' of distance or the equivalent of < 4 seconds to respond. So tell me you're going to let this mountain of a man, acting in an aggressive behavior, just run you over? Fuck no! This 'kid' knew he had just committed robbery. It has to be considered that he thought the officer also knew this. By the way, this 'kid' has a record of armed robbery and physical assault in what appears to have been a home invasion back in 2013. We don't know what is concealed in his juvy records. Oh yeah, while we're bashing the white police officer shooting an unarmed child, 51 blacks were maimed or killed by other blacks in NYC and Shitcago in the last 24 hours. Not a fucking peep form Obama, Eric, Al, Jesse or the NBP. The MSM swept it under the rug too.
You mean to tell me, you'd have to shoot a kid 4 times, once in the face to stop him? 4 times? I'm not saying I know the whole story, and I am not saying that the accounts are accurate, but you really believe a broad daylight shooting like this was necessary?

This isn't some broader conspiracy, its an isolated incident that has attracted national attention because of the racial characteristics of the parties involved. Black on Black crime in urban areas isn't news, I hope that's not a realization you just had but it's never been covered by media outlets. Teenagers being shot in the middle of the afternoon in a residential neighborhood, well, I am pretty sure that would be news if this was a 6'4 black kid or a 6'4 white kid, or any teenager of any ethnic background. The national attention is being drawn by the police response and rioting that has followed, and I don't believe any of this was mishandled by police.

I refuse to speculate on what happened between the officer and the departed that afternoon. It is my opinion that the use of force was excessive in that moment, by that officer. He'll be tried by a jury I am sure, if he's found innocent or guilty people will disagree, that's American justice.

My only intention here was to point out that there are glaring misrepresentations in Police diversity, that's a fact. That the rioting and the looting have more to do with the economic makeup of the area then the race of the individuals doing it.

And that if you can't fathom what these people are so angry about then you need to think about a member of your own community, or worse, your own kin, being killed by a police officer in front of your home, in front of your children, in the middle of the afternoon. You wouldn't want answers?
Old August 18th, 2014, 05:59 PM
bigrichmanitoba
Dick Manitoba

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
I assume they use .40 as service weapons, but the reality is whether it was .45, .40 or 9mm I think the results would have been the same.

-Jeff
I'm surprised the Officer didn't dump his whole magazine into the Urban Youth, NYPD style. It's all about shot placement.

- Big Richard
Old August 18th, 2014, 06:13 PM
o2batsea
Bill Adams
66 109 sw 94 lwb

Registry
Gun violence is a very small portion of cause of death. Disease accident and suicide far surpass death by gun and even all murder in general. These events are made into big stories due to the shock value and that they sell TV air time. If we were as outraged by cancer death as we are by cop-shoot-black, well....

1966 109 5 door wagon 300Tdi "spermaceti fueled"
1994 RRC LeWiB "ruining the air behind me"
1968 2A 88

All my troubles are Rover
Old August 18th, 2014, 06:17 PM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezzzzzzz View Post
6 shots and this kid finally succombs to the last 2 head shots! This is why I carry a .45, not a 9mm. 2 or 3 hollowpoints would have torn the arm off this perp. The head shots wouldn't have been needed.
With all due respect if a target that big was charging at me, I think I could take him down at that distance without 4 shots, especially if it was an 18 year old kid who wasn't high on PCP or a Moro warrior charging me in the jungle.
Old August 18th, 2014, 06:23 PM
bigrichmanitoba
Dick Manitoba

Quote:
With all due respect if a target that big was charging at me, I think I could take him down at that distance without 4 shots, especially if it was an 18 year old kid who wasn't high on PCP or a Moro warrior charging me in the jungle.
Ask me how I know you were never in LE or the military.
Old August 18th, 2014, 06:25 PM
the rover shop
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130

Didn't I just see somewhere in the non-mainstream media about 4 blacks who beat the skull of a white dude in with hammers... Where's whitey rioting over that... The fact is that people of certain ethnic races are just looking for reasons to riot so they can call it justified... Take Rodney king riots.. And then how many riots were attributed to those black kids who shot the australian just for the hell of it.. These people are fucking animals.. Personally.. I would have emptied the whole mag into him...
Old August 18th, 2014, 06:31 PM
bigrichmanitoba
Dick Manitoba

Quote:
Originally Posted by the rover shop View Post
Didn't I just see somewhere in the non-mainstream media about 4 blacks who beat the skull of a white dude in with hammers... Where's whitey rioting over that... The fact is that people of certain ethnic races are just looking for reasons to riot so they can call it justified... Take Rodney king riots.. And then how many riots were attributed to those black kids who shot the australian just for the hell of it.. These people are fucking animals.. Personally.. I would have emptied the whole mag into him...
Don't worry compadre, my boy Eric gots this!

Old August 18th, 2014, 06:36 PM
Arlo
Kurt Ohlendorf
1997/130CC

Registry
Well, you are living in a violent society.

Antoine de Saint-Exupéry just found this about living together:

"Aimer ce n'est pas ce regarder l'un l'autre
c'est regarder ensamble dans la même direction ."
Old August 18th, 2014, 06:45 PM
Ignotus
gene
1960 109, w/200TDI

My question is; If the officers of this town were all black and it happened would there still be rioting? And as far as the demographics of police forces or business or colleges wouldn't you want to hire/admit the best qualified, no matter what thier race or sexual orientation?
Blog;
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat