Defending your defender - Page 3 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old January 6th, 2015, 02:31 PM
Luis Constantin
98 Disvovery 1 LE
I wonder if having an old iPhone wired into the harness and hidden in the dash would work. Then you could use the phone tracker in iTunes. Hmmm.
Wire it into the radio and you could also access your stored music.

Black Rhino Lives Matter
Old January 6th, 2015, 04:14 PM
Apparently they search for the lojack box and remove it out or somehow block the radio antenna. My opinion is that if your car is stolen by a ring to be shipped out of the country you will most likely never see it again, regardless of what security system you have.

If your car is stolen by an amatuer (joyride) I am sure these security systems are very helpful.

Old January 6th, 2015, 09:47 PM
D90 óriginalé

This is pretty cool, it's a lock for the clutch hydolics, if you got one of those gmb fender lockers you could keep this in it. Spendy as hell but you'd deter all but a flatbed theif
Old January 7th, 2015, 07:22 AM
Capt Milks
Defender V-8, Defender 2.25
I saw plenty of cars with tracking devices and advanced alarm systems stolen and never recovered in Miami. They would put them in a container and off to a foreign country. Lojack did a search in south America and found a bunch of the stolen vehicles. The government of that foreign country would not let the cars be shipped back. Of course they needed a nice ride too...
If you back your truck in and use your hand brake it makes it harder, but not impossible, for a flat bed to get it. I also use to use a thing called a cap. It covers the steering wheel with a plate and a rod making the car hard to steer and protected the air bag. Not impossible to disable but more of a pain factor.
Old January 7th, 2015, 06:12 PM
1983 land rover 110 county
I remember hearing about some hidden lock you can put on the tranny. Apparently it was designed for the UK where Defenders are the number 1 car of choice for thieves. Plus, defenders have the security of a couch fort.

Edit: Found it.
Old January 7th, 2015, 07:48 PM
1995 D90 SW #365
If you install a tracking device, you should install two. Most people are not going to look for a second tracker.

Car Camping Collective founding member and Treasurer

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat