Defender Sightings - Page 94 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1861  
Old December 3rd, 2011, 10:37 AM
ssbartley1's Avatar
ssbartley1
Status: Offline
Steve Bartley
1997 SW #160
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 503
Registry
Newport

I am willing to bet that was mine- there arent too many 90s around here in the fall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keiphers View Post
Spotted a red 90 with a winch bumper (didn't get a good look) in Newport, RI yesterday - I was in the BRG 90 with a roof rack and ARB bumper.
__________________
Steve B-
Otterberg, Germany
-----------
"Walk tall, kick ass, learn to speak Arabic, love music and never forget you come from a long line of truth seekers, lovers and warriors."
- Hunter S. Thompson
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #1862  
Old December 3rd, 2011, 02:26 PM
NoVaKevin
Status: Offline
Kevin
sold#1469
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 444
NAS d90 conniston with grey fiberglass hardtop this morning driving up wilson blvd in arlington. delaware plate "ROVER"
Reply With Quote
  #1863  
Old December 3rd, 2011, 03:27 PM
Abrooks's Avatar
Abrooks
Status: Offline
Tony Brooks
.
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 4,915
On 4 Mile Run this afternoon -- galvanized chassis, roof top tent, SG front bumper.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4milerun90.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	44377  
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #1864  
Old December 3rd, 2011, 04:36 PM
don's Avatar
don
Status: Offline
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Rumson, NJ
Posts: 4,208
Registry
We Red Bank, NJ area Landie heads should have a GTG at the Lowes Eatontown parking lot.

Saw the green import there today. Looked like a new lift on it - shocks and hardware were brandy new. I know bossman has seen this truck around. And I remember bossman and airborne have meet at this parking lot before. I didn't see the owner had to get to go pick up one of the kids so wasn't hanging out and creepin'
Reply With Quote
  #1865  
Old December 3rd, 2011, 04:52 PM
bossman429's Avatar
bossman429
Status: Offline
Adrian
1988 90
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Red Bank, NJ, USA
Posts: 1,395
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by don View Post
We Red Bank, NJ area Landie heads should have a GTG at the Lowes Eatontown parking lot.

Saw the green import there today. Looked like a new lift on it - shocks and hardware were brandy new. I know bossman has seen this truck around. And I remember bossman and airborne have meet at this parking lot before. I didn't see the owner had to get to go pick up one of the kids so wasn't hanging out and creepin'

So that was you! I saw him heading south on Rt 35 as well coming back from pep boys. I was in my colorado pick up at lowes before that and stopped, drove past you sitting in the parking lot and was going to get out and say hi, but I think you were on the phone and I was too shy lol.
__________________
1967 Series IIa 109 5 Door - Work in progress
'98 Toyota Land Cruiser 100 Series
Reply With Quote
  #1866  
Old December 3rd, 2011, 04:58 PM
don's Avatar
don
Status: Offline
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Rumson, NJ
Posts: 4,208
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by bossman429 View Post
So that was you! I saw him heading south on Rt 35 as well coming back from pep boys. I was in my colorado pick up at lowes before that and stopped, drove past you sitting in the parking lot and was going to get out and say hi, but I think you were on the phone and I was too shy lol.
Ah, too funny - should have knocked on the window. I was just typing text's - setting up ride times for tomorrow.

Like I said - Eatontown Lowes is the place - haha. Did you see that green UK 90? It was a few rows down from where I was parked.
Reply With Quote
  #1867  
Old December 3rd, 2011, 05:18 PM
bossman429's Avatar
bossman429
Status: Offline
Adrian
1988 90
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Red Bank, NJ, USA
Posts: 1,395
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by don View Post
Ah, too funny - should have knocked on the window. I was just typing text's - setting up ride times for tomorrow.

Like I said - Eatontown Lowes is the place - haha. Did you see that green UK 90? It was a few rows down from where I was parked.
Yea thats the guys I saw going south on Route 35 on my way back from pep boys.

went to lowes, realized they didn't have the proper wire I needed to wire up my new winch, went to pep boys, and then saw that truck heading south when I was heading back north up to RB
__________________
1967 Series IIa 109 5 Door - Work in progress
'98 Toyota Land Cruiser 100 Series
Reply With Quote
  #1868  
Old December 3rd, 2011, 05:29 PM
don's Avatar
don
Status: Offline
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Rumson, NJ
Posts: 4,208
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by bossman429 View Post
Yea thats the guys I saw going south on Route 35 on my way back from pep boys.

went to lowes, realized they didn't have the proper wire I needed to wire up my new winch, went to pep boys, and then saw that truck heading south when I was heading back north up to RB
If you had the black 90 I would have noticed it on my radar. We need to get in touch with that green truck guy - seems he's an into it with his mods and it being an import.

BTW, you know that West Marine is in the next plaza for wire and electrical stuff right? Instead of having to head down to Pep's.
Reply With Quote
  #1869  
Old December 3rd, 2011, 05:37 PM
bossman429's Avatar
bossman429
Status: Offline
Adrian
1988 90
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Red Bank, NJ, USA
Posts: 1,395
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by don View Post
If you had the black 90 I would have noticed it on my radar. We need to get in touch with that green truck guy - seems he's an into it with his mods and it being an import.

BTW, you know that West Marine is in the next plaza for wire and electrical stuff right? Instead of having to head down to Pep's.

Yea his truck looked pretty nice, i'll corner him one day lowes lol...

Doh! No i did not know that. Would have saved me 30mins! Crossing 36 took forever, then I get stuck at 3 traffic lights to make one left turn out of pep boys.... stupid NJ and those damn jug handles! I didn't bother with the Pep boys across from lowes, they dont have anything in that store.

I guess I'm still learning the area a little bit (1.5yrs after i moved here).

Anyways, not sure what your up to tomorrow, but if your looking to kill some time send me a text, I'll just be wrenching on the car and putting up christmas lights, maybe a quick walk with the dog through hartshorne. I still gotta check out your truck and say whats up!

this feels like the first full Sunday I've been home for in ages.
__________________
1967 Series IIa 109 5 Door - Work in progress
'98 Toyota Land Cruiser 100 Series
Reply With Quote
  #1870  
Old December 3rd, 2011, 08:38 PM
Willh's Avatar
Willh
Status: Offline
Will Hedrick
Use to own NAS #96, #1778, & #1008
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Wake Forest, NC, USA
Posts: 1,224
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrooks View Post
On 4 Mile Run this afternoon -- galvanized chassis, roof top tent, SG front bumper.
I believe that is this '94 D-90 that ECR has done some extensive work on: http://eastcoastrover.com/99.html . Should have a Tdi in it as well.
__________________
.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Please feel free to visit my website at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Willh is the F'n man! Defender of the Defenders! - Overlander
Reply With Quote
  #1871  
Old December 3rd, 2011, 08:45 PM
Abrooks's Avatar
Abrooks
Status: Offline
Tony Brooks
.
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 4,915
Could well be, though this one had round tail lights, though with everything else they did, a tail light conversion isn't out of the question.
Reply With Quote
  #1872  
Old December 3rd, 2011, 08:48 PM
nathanwind's Avatar
nathanwind
Status: Offline
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Alexandria VA/Bolton NY
Posts: 8,662
Registry
Oh man nice pull. Crazy I've never seen this truck around here...and a Tdi in a NAS truck is my Holy Grail!
__________________
Jason Lavender
'71 Series IIA
'88 127 #F96 DKN
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #1873  
Old December 4th, 2011, 06:58 AM
jefferson's Avatar
jefferson
Status: Offline
Jeff A
97 Defender 90 SW #593
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 283
Tony, I have seen that ECR truck around Arlington a few times. It has LED rear lights, and yes, a Tdi.
__________________
97 D90 SW
Reply With Quote
  #1874  
Old December 4th, 2011, 06:59 AM
smob's Avatar
smob
Status: Offline
Steve
'97 Arles Blue SW #2131
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Mclean, VA
Posts: 1,584
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrooks View Post
Could well be, though this one had round tail lights, though with everything else they did, a tail light conversion isn't out of the question.
that is the ECR truck, it lives in either Annandale or Barcroft. Saw it last week again on the way to get parts from Pedro

And I will say that for a moment, I thought it was Jeffs truck, silly me
__________________
"Land Rover = rolling mechanical failure. it is failing even as it sits in the driveway. get used to it. My 90 just had a failure as I was typing this."
-Ren Ching
Reply With Quote
  #1875  
Old December 5th, 2011, 01:34 AM
silby32's Avatar
silby32
Status: Offline
Josh Silberman
1997 D-90 #123 SW
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 169
Saw a White 90 in the background of the new Mission Impossible trailer. Also you will see my old 90 in Fear Factor in a couple weeks..I'll let you know when for sure
Reply With Quote
  #1876  
Old December 5th, 2011, 08:24 AM
fnagy
Status: Offline
frank
1995 d90
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: new york, ny
Posts: 8
Saw a white '97 90 ST parked near Union Sq NYC, , i think it was #60 or #66
Reply With Quote
  #1877  
Old December 5th, 2011, 01:06 PM
sirjond's Avatar
sirjond
Status: Offline
Jonny
1995 D90 ST Alpine White
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: CT & VT
Posts: 551
Anyone here? Or does anyone know who owns this 110?

Mike @ECR, this may look familiar?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0999.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	154.7 KB
ID:	44449  
Reply With Quote
  #1878  
Old December 5th, 2011, 03:14 PM
d90boy's Avatar
d90boy
Status: Offline
keith humphreys
aka: Mr Fancy Pants
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 3,228
Registry
https://picasaweb.google.com/1124195...CJzGsvrwiOHDHw
Reply With Quote
  #1879  
Old December 5th, 2011, 03:18 PM
ECR's Avatar
ECR
Status: Offline
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Rockland, ME, USA
Posts: 4,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjond View Post
Anyone here? Or does anyone know who owns this 110?

Mike @ECR, this may look familiar?
Yup, one of our old 90 to 110 conversions. 1997 NAS 90SW to ECR 110 Wagon with a 4.6 automatic. Did that one in about 1999. Was owned locally in Maine for years then on Nantucket last I heard of it (as Nantucket shop could not make it run right).

------ Follow up post added December 5th, 2011 04:23 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrooks View Post
Could well be, though this one had round tail lights, though with everything else they did, a tail light conversion isn't out of the question.
Yes, the 94 Tdi 90 came back for a timing belt job and while it was here we converted it to round LEDs.
__________________
Email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Reply With Quote
  #1880  
Old December 5th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Jackie Treehorn's Avatar
Jackie Treehorn
Status: Offline
A
1985 (legitimately)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,983
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECR View Post
Yup, one of our old 90 to 110 conversions. 1997 NAS 90SW to ECR 110 Wagon with a 4.6 automatic. Did that one in about 1999. Was owned locally in Maine for years then on Nantucket last I heard of it (as Nantucket shop could not make it run right).

------ Follow up post added December 5th, 2011 04:23 PM ------



Yes, the 94 Tdi 90 came back for a timing belt job and while it was here we converted it to round LEDs.
Indeed, spotted it late August in Nantucket. (poor quality cell phone pic)
Nice truck!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Conniston Green ECR 110.JPG
Views:	129
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	44454  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
ht, sighting, sightings

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
94 NAS Defender 90-P.O.E.(Port of Entry) 1 of 65 made! on EBAY SeanD-90 Misc. Chit-Chat 29 May 27th, 2017 07:14 AM
Whats in my container??????? SafariHP The Vendors Loft 30 November 26th, 2015 06:31 AM
Slickrock Defender 90 Sliders dave_lucas The Vendors Loft 15 November 28th, 2010 03:45 PM
Road Trip Report, Defender Sightings chris snell Misc. Chit-Chat 5 December 28th, 2005 02:03 PM
Defender sightings around Burbank, who are you? kellymoe Misc. Chit-Chat 4 April 3rd, 2004 01:25 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:34 PM.


Copyright