Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old February 17th, 2011, 03:33 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Hmmm. no bumperettes on the movie truck, but they are both galvy. Different tail-light bulbs on the top turn signals, may not be the same one afterall.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 17th, 2011, 03:36 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
And the mirrors are different.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 17th, 2011, 03:40 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
That's sexy. I'd like to see it with the top off.
Old February 17th, 2011, 03:58 PM
hillstrubl
Danny
2005 Disco 3

Wifey would like to contribute one. Here's the text I got from her...

in tenley circle (NW DC), your color (Arles Blue), roof rack, lhd, 2 doors, not sure if a d90 or a series, dc plates, taller dude wearing a hat driving

So its not Ren Ching (RHD), and not SMOB (DC plates)
Old February 17th, 2011, 04:03 PM
alastair
AJS
84/94/95/2013

Two more at LR Monmouth, New Jersey

Figured I should take pictures this time after all the talk of Defenders being like Yeti in NJ.

The SW was a nice unmolsted 97 and the 110 had a full exo-cage. Once again I got funny looks from a service guy that walked out into the lot to check me out...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D110.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	35895   Click image for larger version

Name:	D90 SW.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	35896  

Old February 17th, 2011, 04:23 PM
smob
Steve
'97 Arles Blue SW #2131

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillstrubl View Post
Wifey would like to contribute one. Here's the text I got from her...

in tenley circle (NW DC), your color (Arles Blue), roof rack, lhd, 2 doors, not sure if a d90 or a series, dc plates, taller dude wearing a hat driving

So its not Ren Ching (RHD), and not SMOB (DC plates)
Ayup - I think I saw that truck at Clare and Dons a while back. It's sassy.
Old February 17th, 2011, 04:52 PM
airbornrover
William Skidmore
1994 D90

Quote:
Originally Posted by alastair View Post
Figured I should take pictures this time after all the talk of Defenders being like Yeti in NJ.

The SW was a nice unmolsted 97 and the 110 had a full exo-cage. Once again I got funny looks from a service guy that walked out into the lot to check me out...
Beat me to it. I had to drop off the 90 at the dealership this morning and had a closer look at the 110. Talked to the service rep. Denise while she was filling out the paperwork. She told me the guy is from Toms River and had it in for some engine type of work and new battery. When I was taking a closer look I noticed that he replaced the old hinges with the black billet aluminum ones, newer radio, and the bulkhead vent covers were black plastic looking types instead of white aluminum that you usually see. Also had a rack on top.
Old February 17th, 2011, 04:59 PM
alastair
AJS
84/94/95/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbornrover View Post
Beat me to it. I had to drop off the 90 at the dealership this morning and had a closer look at the 110. Talked to the service rep. Denise while she was filling out the paperwork. She told me the guy is from Toms River and had it in for some engine type of work and new battery. When I was taking a closer look I noticed that he replaced the old hinges with the black billet aluminum ones, newer radio, and the bulkhead vent covers were black plastic looking types instead of white aluminum that you usually see. Also had a rack on top.
It's just as well you posted here as I would have put up pictures of your truck next!
Old February 17th, 2011, 05:38 PM
GYM
Gary
97 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
That looks like the salvaged 1997 LE that was painted black.
Which salvaged LE is that? Can you make out what 'number / 300' it is ?
Old February 17th, 2011, 05:42 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by GYM View Post
Which salvaged LE is that?

This one. It was a Maxline re-do.

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ad.php?t=25703

Quote:
Can you make out what 'number / 300' it is ?
Nope, I tried.
Old February 17th, 2011, 05:50 PM
airbornrover
William Skidmore
1994 D90

Quote:
Originally Posted by alastair View Post
It's just as well you posted here as I would have put up pictures of your truck next!
Fine by me, the guys that the dealership love my truck. Just so you know they are having an oil changing class next month, its under events on their website. Thought I might show up with the battle wagon just to fuck with the mechanics.
Old February 17th, 2011, 05:54 PM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Quote:
Airborn - how have the LR Monmouth guys been with the 90? I've purchased parts from them but have been hesitant to bring the 90 in for service related issues.
Old February 17th, 2011, 05:57 PM
alastair
AJS
84/94/95/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by don View Post
Airborn - how have the LR Monmouth guys been with the 90? I've purchased parts from them but have been hesitant to bring the 90 in for service related issues.
Hey Don, that truck you looked at in Shrewsbury (the one that slipped through my fingers) is serviced there everytime it's up here. Matty had good things to say about them. Though her truck never suffered any abuse that needed treating.
Old February 17th, 2011, 06:13 PM
timtimtj
Tim Blanco
1994 Defender 90

Badge number...

It's 196/300

-Tim

Quote:
Which salvaged LE is that? Can you make out what 'number / 300' it is ?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0269.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	348.2 KB
ID:	35904  
Old February 17th, 2011, 06:26 PM
airbornrover
William Skidmore
1994 D90

Quote:
They have been fine with it. My father started using them when they were originally in w. long branch on 36 back in 95/96.
Last year when we had that motorboating problem with the engine we had them working on it. Which they thought they had solved but turned out what they fixed was not the root cause. So we brought it back to them and they went to town on it eventually figuring out that it was a rare issue with just a certain set of 3.9 engines. They went digging into the old service notices(?) for mechanics/dealerships, fixed the problem and made it right cause they had not fully fixed it before.

Side note: mechanics there love the defender lines cause its nuts and bolts. Series as well ( I think I am the only one that brings in a series now days thou).
My father and I dont really buy parts from them cause its just easier to buy them from Rovers North or the like.
Larry Campell heads up the service department, worked his way up from washing and driving the cars around.
Shari just started working there and Buckley is cool and knows more about Defenders.
Old February 17th, 2011, 10:36 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Was heading to NOVA HH tonight, when I spotted this on a side street. It's #617...a few other local guys here have seen it before.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0384.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	109.0 KB
ID:	35921   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0386.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	35922  

Name:	IMG_0385.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	35923  
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old February 18th, 2011, 08:25 AM
hillstrubl
Danny
2005 Disco 3

Quote:
Fine by me, the guys that the dealership love my truck. Just so you know they are having an oil changing class next month, its under events on their website. Thought I might show up with the battle wagon just to fuck with the mechanics.
Yeah, when my water pump died in Jersey that's where I went to have it done (Aunt lives around the corner where I stayed while waiting for parts). I got at least 4 or 5 "Nice, a real land rover" comments, ha

Quote:
Quote:
Side note: mechanics there love the defender lines cause its nuts and bolts.
exactly what I was going to say. The mechanic that worked on mine was "excited to not plug in a computer"
Old February 19th, 2011, 04:29 PM
tomaco1
T.mac
83 110

Registry
White ST opposite me at a pedestrian crosswalk in Sayville NY. We both stopped for the same slow ass lady crossing the street.
Old February 19th, 2011, 08:11 PM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Quote:
They have been fine with it. My father started using them when they were originally in w. long branch on 36 back in 95/96.
Last year when we had that motorboating problem with the engine we had them working on it. Which they thought they had solved but turned out what they fixed was not the root cause. So we brought it back to them and they went to town on it eventually figuring out that it was a rare issue with just a certain set of 3.9 engines. They went digging into the old service notices(?) for mechanics/dealerships, fixed the problem and made it right cause they had not fully fixed it before.

Side note: mechanics there love the defender lines cause its nuts and bolts. Series as well ( I think I am the only one that brings in a series now days thou).
My father and I dont really buy parts from them cause its just easier to buy them from Rovers North or the like.
Larry Campell heads up the service department, worked his way up from washing and driving the cars around.
Shari just started working there and Buckley is cool and knows more about Defenders.
Thanks airborn - hopefully any future issues I can solve myself but if not I'll give them a look next time something comes up.
Old February 19th, 2011, 08:39 PM
Reese_D90
Reese
97 D90 ST and 93 D110

Registry
Some kind of record for Dallas today.
Saw a white D90 ST with sliders on Greenville Ave this afternoon. Green ST at Mockingbird station and a mint yellow one going south on Preston south of Mockingbird.
I was in my Black ST.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
ht, sighting, sightings