Defender Sightings - Page 43 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Join the Defender Source Community Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #841  
Old February 17th, 2011, 03:33 PM
nathanwind's Avatar
nathanwind
Status: Offline
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Alexandria VA/Bolton NY
Posts: 8,501
Registry
Hmmm. no bumperettes on the movie truck, but they are both galvy. Different tail-light bulbs on the top turn signals, may not be the same one afterall.
__________________
Jason Lavender
'71 Series IIA
'88 127 #F96 DKN
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #842  
Old February 17th, 2011, 03:36 PM
rijosho's Avatar
rijosho
Status: Offline
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,650
Registry
And the mirrors are different.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #843  
Old February 17th, 2011, 03:40 PM
cgalpin's Avatar
cgalpin
Status: Offline
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: South Riding, VA
Posts: 11,565
Registry
That's sexy. I'd like to see it with the top off.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by pendy
I'm here for the D's
Reply With Quote
  #844  
Old February 17th, 2011, 03:58 PM
hillstrubl's Avatar
hillstrubl
Status: Offline
Danny
2005 Disco 3
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Philly, USA
Posts: 1,595
Wifey would like to contribute one. Here's the text I got from her...

in tenley circle (NW DC), your color (Arles Blue), roof rack, lhd, 2 doors, not sure if a d90 or a series, dc plates, taller dude wearing a hat driving

So its not Ren Ching (RHD), and not SMOB (DC plates)
__________________
~2005 Disco 3 "Moneypenny"
~2008 GTI TSI
~If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you are reading this in English, thank a Veteran.
Reply With Quote
  #845  
Old February 17th, 2011, 04:03 PM
alastair's Avatar
alastair
Status: Offline
AJS
84/94/95/2013
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 384
Two more at LR Monmouth, New Jersey

Figured I should take pictures this time after all the talk of Defenders being like Yeti in NJ.

The SW was a nice unmolsted 97 and the 110 had a full exo-cage. Once again I got funny looks from a service guy that walked out into the lot to check me out...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D110.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	35895   Click image for larger version

Name:	D90 SW.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	35896  

Reply With Quote
  #846  
Old February 17th, 2011, 04:23 PM
smob's Avatar
smob
Status: Offline
Steve
'97 Arles Blue SW #2131
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Mclean, VA
Posts: 1,573
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillstrubl View Post
Wifey would like to contribute one. Here's the text I got from her...

in tenley circle (NW DC), your color (Arles Blue), roof rack, lhd, 2 doors, not sure if a d90 or a series, dc plates, taller dude wearing a hat driving

So its not Ren Ching (RHD), and not SMOB (DC plates)
Ayup - I think I saw that truck at Clare and Dons a while back. It's sassy.
__________________
"Land Rover = rolling mechanical failure. it is failing even as it sits in the driveway. get used to it. My 90 just had a failure as I was typing this."
-Ren Ching
Reply With Quote
  #847  
Old February 17th, 2011, 04:52 PM
airbornrover's Avatar
airbornrover
Status: Offline
William Skidmore
1994 D90
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Land between 18 and Turnpike
Posts: 1,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by alastair View Post
Figured I should take pictures this time after all the talk of Defenders being like Yeti in NJ.

The SW was a nice unmolsted 97 and the 110 had a full exo-cage. Once again I got funny looks from a service guy that walked out into the lot to check me out...
Beat me to it. I had to drop off the 90 at the dealership this morning and had a closer look at the 110. Talked to the service rep. Denise while she was filling out the paperwork. She told me the guy is from Toms River and had it in for some engine type of work and new battery. When I was taking a closer look I noticed that he replaced the old hinges with the black billet aluminum ones, newer radio, and the bulkhead vent covers were black plastic looking types instead of white aluminum that you usually see. Also had a rack on top.
Reply With Quote
  #848  
Old February 17th, 2011, 04:59 PM
alastair's Avatar
alastair
Status: Offline
AJS
84/94/95/2013
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbornrover View Post
Beat me to it. I had to drop off the 90 at the dealership this morning and had a closer look at the 110. Talked to the service rep. Denise while she was filling out the paperwork. She told me the guy is from Toms River and had it in for some engine type of work and new battery. When I was taking a closer look I noticed that he replaced the old hinges with the black billet aluminum ones, newer radio, and the bulkhead vent covers were black plastic looking types instead of white aluminum that you usually see. Also had a rack on top.
It's just as well you posted here as I would have put up pictures of your truck next!
Reply With Quote
  #849  
Old February 17th, 2011, 05:38 PM
GYM's Avatar
GYM
Status: Offline
Gary
97 SW
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: West Coast
Posts: 1,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
That looks like the salvaged 1997 LE that was painted black.
Which salvaged LE is that? Can you make out what 'number / 300' it is ?
Reply With Quote
  #850  
Old February 17th, 2011, 05:42 PM
rijosho's Avatar
rijosho
Status: Offline
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,650
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by GYM View Post
Which salvaged LE is that?

This one. It was a Maxline re-do.

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ad.php?t=25703


Quote:
Originally Posted by GYM View Post
Can you make out what 'number / 300' it is ?
Nope, I tried.
Reply With Quote
  #851  
Old February 17th, 2011, 05:50 PM
airbornrover's Avatar
airbornrover
Status: Offline
William Skidmore
1994 D90
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Land between 18 and Turnpike
Posts: 1,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by alastair View Post
It's just as well you posted here as I would have put up pictures of your truck next!
Fine by me, the guys that the dealership love my truck. Just so you know they are having an oil changing class next month, its under events on their website. Thought I might show up with the battle wagon just to fuck with the mechanics.
Reply With Quote
  #852  
Old February 17th, 2011, 05:54 PM
don's Avatar
don
Status: Offline
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Rumson, NJ
Posts: 4,081
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbornrover View Post
Beat me to it. I had to drop off the 90 at the dealership this morning and had a closer look at the 110. Talked to the service rep. Denise while she was filling out the paperwork. She told me the guy is from Toms River and had it in for some engine type of work and new battery. When I was taking a closer look I noticed that he replaced the old hinges with the black billet aluminum ones, newer radio, and the bulkhead vent covers were black plastic looking types instead of white aluminum that you usually see. Also had a rack on top.
Airborn - how have the LR Monmouth guys been with the 90? I've purchased parts from them but have been hesitant to bring the 90 in for service related issues.
Reply With Quote
  #853  
Old February 17th, 2011, 05:57 PM
alastair's Avatar
alastair
Status: Offline
AJS
84/94/95/2013
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by don View Post
Airborn - how have the LR Monmouth guys been with the 90? I've purchased parts from them but have been hesitant to bring the 90 in for service related issues.
Hey Don, that truck you looked at in Shrewsbury (the one that slipped through my fingers) is serviced there everytime it's up here. Matty had good things to say about them. Though her truck never suffered any abuse that needed treating.
Reply With Quote
  #854  
Old February 17th, 2011, 06:13 PM
timtimtj's Avatar
timtimtj
Status: Offline
Tim Blanco
1994 Defender 90
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: East Northport, NY
Posts: 303
Badge number...

It's 196/300

-Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by GYM View Post
Which salvaged LE is that? Can you make out what 'number / 300' it is ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0269.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	348.2 KB
ID:	35904  
Reply With Quote
  #855  
Old February 17th, 2011, 06:26 PM
airbornrover's Avatar
airbornrover
Status: Offline
William Skidmore
1994 D90
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Land between 18 and Turnpike
Posts: 1,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by don View Post
Airborn - how have the LR Monmouth guys been with the 90? I've purchased parts from them but have been hesitant to bring the 90 in for service related issues.
They have been fine with it. My father started using them when they were originally in w. long branch on 36 back in 95/96.
Last year when we had that motorboating problem with the engine we had them working on it. Which they thought they had solved but turned out what they fixed was not the root cause. So we brought it back to them and they went to town on it eventually figuring out that it was a rare issue with just a certain set of 3.9 engines. They went digging into the old service notices(?) for mechanics/dealerships, fixed the problem and made it right cause they had not fully fixed it before.

Side note: mechanics there love the defender lines cause its nuts and bolts. Series as well ( I think I am the only one that brings in a series now days thou).
My father and I dont really buy parts from them cause its just easier to buy them from Rovers North or the like.
Larry Campell heads up the service department, worked his way up from washing and driving the cars around.
Shari just started working there and Buckley is cool and knows more about Defenders.
Reply With Quote
  #856  
Old February 17th, 2011, 10:36 PM
nathanwind's Avatar
nathanwind
Status: Offline
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Alexandria VA/Bolton NY
Posts: 8,501
Registry
Was heading to NOVA HH tonight, when I spotted this on a side street. It's #617...a few other local guys here have seen it before.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0384.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	109.0 KB
ID:	35921   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0386.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	35922  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0385.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	35923  
__________________
Jason Lavender
'71 Series IIA
'88 127 #F96 DKN
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #857  
Old February 18th, 2011, 08:25 AM
hillstrubl's Avatar
hillstrubl
Status: Offline
Danny
2005 Disco 3
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Philly, USA
Posts: 1,595
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbornrover View Post
Fine by me, the guys that the dealership love my truck. Just so you know they are having an oil changing class next month, its under events on their website. Thought I might show up with the battle wagon just to fuck with the mechanics.
Yeah, when my water pump died in Jersey that's where I went to have it done (Aunt lives around the corner where I stayed while waiting for parts). I got at least 4 or 5 "Nice, a real land rover" comments, ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by don View Post
Airborn - how have the LR Monmouth guys been with the 90? I've purchased parts from them but have been hesitant to bring the 90 in for service related issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbornrover View Post
Side note: mechanics there love the defender lines cause its nuts and bolts.
exactly what I was going to say. The mechanic that worked on mine was "excited to not plug in a computer"
__________________
~2005 Disco 3 "Moneypenny"
~2008 GTI TSI
~If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you are reading this in English, thank a Veteran.
Reply With Quote
  #858  
Old February 19th, 2011, 04:29 PM
tomaco1's Avatar
tomaco1
Status: Online
T.mac
83 110
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 3,428
Registry
White ST opposite me at a pedestrian crosswalk in Sayville NY. We both stopped for the same slow ass lady crossing the street.
Reply With Quote
  #859  
Old February 19th, 2011, 08:11 PM
don's Avatar
don
Status: Offline
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Rumson, NJ
Posts: 4,081
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbornrover View Post
They have been fine with it. My father started using them when they were originally in w. long branch on 36 back in 95/96.
Last year when we had that motorboating problem with the engine we had them working on it. Which they thought they had solved but turned out what they fixed was not the root cause. So we brought it back to them and they went to town on it eventually figuring out that it was a rare issue with just a certain set of 3.9 engines. They went digging into the old service notices(?) for mechanics/dealerships, fixed the problem and made it right cause they had not fully fixed it before.

Side note: mechanics there love the defender lines cause its nuts and bolts. Series as well ( I think I am the only one that brings in a series now days thou).
My father and I dont really buy parts from them cause its just easier to buy them from Rovers North or the like.
Larry Campell heads up the service department, worked his way up from washing and driving the cars around.
Shari just started working there and Buckley is cool and knows more about Defenders.
Thanks airborn - hopefully any future issues I can solve myself but if not I'll give them a look next time something comes up.
Reply With Quote
  #860  
Old February 19th, 2011, 08:39 PM
Reese_D90's Avatar
Reese_D90
Status: Offline
Reese
97 D90 ST and 93 D110
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Dallas, Texas, USA
Posts: 1,254
Registry
Some kind of record for Dallas today.
Saw a white D90 ST with sliders on Greenville Ave this afternoon. Green ST at Mockingbird station and a mint yellow one going south on Preston south of Mockingbird.
I was in my Black ST.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
ht, sighting, sightings

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Whats in my container??????? SafariHP The Vendors Loft 30 November 26th, 2015 07:31 AM
Slickrock Defender 90 Sliders dave_lucas The Vendors Loft 15 November 28th, 2010 04:45 PM
Road Trip Report, Defender Sightings chris snell Misc. Chit-Chat 5 December 28th, 2005 03:03 PM
94 NAS Defender 90-P.O.E.(Port of Entry) 1 of 65 made! on EBAY SeanD-90 Misc. Chit-Chat 24 February 16th, 2005 04:21 AM
Defender sightings around Burbank, who are you? kellymoe Misc. Chit-Chat 4 April 3rd, 2004 02:25 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:16 PM.


Copyright