Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old September 2nd, 2013, 11:24 AM
Arcadeus
Mark Bichin
97 NAS Station Wagon LE

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheway View Post
Does anyone have more photos of the blue 110 with rack that is in this photo??
You can find it on our clubs website under photo album.... Www.roverlanders.bc.ca... Owners name is Andy. He is the president of the club.... Very well decked out rig.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 2nd, 2013, 11:43 AM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Tell me more about that little series looking thing next to the yellow ST
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
For the SOC files

-Jeff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 2nd, 2013, 01:14 PM
JSBriggs
Jeff Briggs
Antarctic Blue Super Sports Wagon
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalpin View Post
Tell me more about that little series looking thing next to the yellow ST
Its a Rover hot rod. A friend of mine built it. Is a series 1 body on S10 frame and running gear. I dont have acess to the pics I have of it, but these will give you the gist. http://www.oldparkedcars.com/2012/08...-1-pickup.html

-Jeff
Old September 2nd, 2013, 01:31 PM
ontheway
Dave
1986 RHD 110 SW OM617

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcadeus View Post
You can find it on our clubs website under photo album.... Www.roverlanders.bc.ca... Owners name is Andy. He is the president of the club.... Very well decked out rig.

Thanks! Big help, I appreciate it. I enjoyed looking at your clubs page -- some real good wheelin' in there. Not just a bunch of boost-wearing garage queens

Old September 2nd, 2013, 04:24 PM
kellykortman
kelly kortman
1994 land rover defender

Registry
Geeze Louise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jymmiejamz View Post
Probably someone that realized its not worth driving around on m/t's every day when they only wheel once or twice a year despite spending hours every day researching mods for their truck.
LOL. I know you are talking about me. So let me put some of my feelings across and then you can feel free to debate me if you want.

A. This is my rig and I did to my rig what I wanted to do to it. Who cares if I don't go off-roading that much or if I want to do a bunch of stuff to my truck. What does that matter to anybody but me? I don't bust anybody else's chops about the things they do or do not do to their truck or the things they do with or don't do with their truck. I don't care. Enjoy it the way you want to enjoy it.

B. I didn't really understand Defender culture until the last couple of weeks both by reading things on this site and then down at the ABFM. I honestly never knew that 90% of Defender drivers expect 100% of other Defender drivers to have dents on the outside of their rig and that they are supposed to be dirty and that there is a line between normal Defender and Defender with too many things on the outside of it. I do however plan to go off-roading more and I do plan on using everything that is on my rig and if I don't I'm still glad it's there because you never know when I might NEED to use it.

C. There are two sets of people who do love my rig, my friends and family and just about every other human being out there that doesn't own their own Defender. I can't go anywhere without people coming up and talking about my rig. I've been pulled over by Police (and no not the Defender fashion police) just so they could ask me about my truck, I must have gotten about 50 thumbs up from other drivers while driving home from Portland. But seriously, I'm not in this for recognition, I just want my rig the way I want it, the thumbs up is just the icing on the cake.

Lastly, I'd rather research modifications to my truck (even though I'm now done doing stuff, thanks) then to be the guy on here making fun of other people because they don't think the same way you do. So have fun off-roading with your awesome off-road rig. I hope you have fun and are kept safe.

I think that there might just be a little more room on this site for some live and let live behavior. Nobody is better than anybody else. We all have our reasons for doing things.

You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. Friedrich Nietzsche
Old September 2nd, 2013, 04:35 PM
Arcadeus
Mark Bichin
97 NAS Station Wagon LE

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellykortman View Post

LOL. I know you are talking about me. So let me put some of my feelings across and then you can feel free to debate me if you want.

A. This is my rig and I did to my rig what I wanted to do to it. Who cares if I don't go off-roading that much or if I want to do a bunch of stuff to my truck. What does that matter to anybody but me? I don't bust anybody else's chops about the things they do or do not do to their truck or the things they do with or don't do with their truck. I don't care. Enjoy it the way you want to enjoy it.

B. I didn't really understand Defender culture until the last couple of weeks both by reading things on this site and then down at the ABFM. I honestly never knew that 90% of Defender drivers expect 100% of other Defender drivers to have dents on the outside of their rig and that they are supposed to be dirty and that there is a line between normal Defender and Defender with too many things on the outside of it. I do however plan to go off-roading more and I do plan on using everything that is on my rig and if I don't I'm still glad it's there because you never know when I might NEED to use it.

C. There are two sets of people who do love my rig, my friends and family and just about every other human being out there that doesn't own their own Defender. I can't go anywhere without people coming up and talking about my rig. I've been pulled over by Police (and no not the Defender fashion police) just so they could ask me about my truck, I must have gotten about 50 thumbs up from other drivers while driving home from Portland. But seriously, I'm not in this for recognition, I just want my rig the way I want it, the thumbs up is just the icing on the cake.

Lastly, I'd rather research modifications to my truck (even though I'm now done doing stuff, thanks) then to be the guy on here making fun of other people because they don't think the same way you do. So have fun off-roading with your awesome off-road rig. I hope you have fun and are kept safe.

I think that there might just be a little more room on this site for some live and let live behavior. Nobody is better than anybody else. We all have our reasons for doing things.

You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.Friedrich Nietzsche
Not everyone wheels their rig... Not everyone has to...

I think your truck is a prime example of a defender. You've done well to keep it in such great shape!

We all buy these things for different reasons... That's the beauty of variety... There's so many examples of what others have done and you get to pick and choose what works for you... Or not.
Old September 2nd, 2013, 04:55 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:

LOL. I know you are talking about me.
Any details on the green D90 ST next to yours? Because that's the one I was asking about. It looks nice. It looks like they have the SG rear tire carrier but removed the fuel tray from it.
Old September 2nd, 2013, 05:04 PM
kellykortman
kelly kortman
1994 land rover defender

Registry
My comments weren't directed at you but at jymmiejamz. Yes, the guy next to me is an awesome guy with a great rig who also sees the value of keeping his clear coat from peeling off in the sun. He purchased a new tire rack that you cannot get anymore that came with a shelve of sorts for a fuel can which he had removed and had some very specific welding done to it so that the fuel can can still be attached but without the seat like shelving. I think he thought it looked cleaner.

Side note on the MTs I have on my truck, what happens if I go back to standard defender tires. Do I gain two miles per gallon in fuel economy or what? Doesn't matter because snow is soon coming to the passes and I have this thing about staying alive when I go over Stevens pass to get to my cabin through the winter. But just wondering.

------ Follow up post added September 2nd, 2013 02:08 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcadeus View Post
Not everyone wheels their rig... Not everyone has to...

I think your truck is a prime example of a defender. You've done well to keep it in such great shape!

We all buy these things for different reasons... That's the beauty of variety... There's so many examples of what others have done and you get to pick and choose what works for you... Or not.
thanks so much for your comments. I also love what you have done to your rig. I think it's amazing. As I've mentioned, I think you may have one of the nicest ones out there.

Kelly
Old September 2nd, 2013, 05:38 PM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

Grain of salt...I don't think anyone tries to offend...it's just good ribbin. Nice rig. Take care of your stuff and it will take care of you!
Old September 2nd, 2013, 05:44 PM
kellykortman
kelly kortman
1994 land rover defender

Registry
Big time grain of salt. Just wanted to get that off my chest for a while now. Upward and Onward people.

And for the record I have never driven my car to a gas station only to end up having a gas-fight with my friends, contrary to popular belief.

Old September 2nd, 2013, 05:51 PM
Jymmiejamz
Jimmy
1995 D90 SW #365

Registry
Quote:

You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. Friedrich Nietzsche

My comment wasn't directed at anyone in particular, sorry if you took it as me busting your chops. I was simply commenting on the fact that the majority of people in the off road community typically only wheel once or twice a year and check the forums day in and day out looking for new stuff to do to their trucks. I'm guilty of it too, but I've accepted that I rarely go wheeling, so I don't want to listen to m/t's going down the highway. I have a Range Rover on 36's, locked, beadlockes, ect., but I haven't wheeled it in over two years!
Old September 2nd, 2013, 05:54 PM
kellykortman
kelly kortman
1994 land rover defender

Registry
No harm no foul. I've never come here looking for mod ideas. I watch Tomb Raider to get all my mod ideas.

I don't hear my tires when I'm driving down the highway so I assumed nobody else could either. So maybe those weren't thumbs up I was getting coming back from Portland, maybe everybody was simply giving me the finger and my deep seated narcissism just saw it as thumbs up??

Maybe I should get another set of summer tires. See now you just created an urge for me to spend yet more money. Argh.

~Kelly
Old September 2nd, 2013, 06:47 PM
JSBriggs
Jeff Briggs
Antarctic Blue Super Sports Wagon
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Any details on the green D90 ST next to yours? Because that's the one I was asking about. It looks nice. It looks like they have the SG rear tire carrier but removed the fuel tray from it.

Yes, he made the gas can tray removable, as he only carries cans while on a trip, and he didnt like the look of the empty tray. If you want more details, i can check with him.

-Jeff
Old September 2nd, 2013, 10:29 PM
Jymmiejamz
Jimmy
1995 D90 SW #365

Registry
Quote:
I don't hear my tires when I'm driving down the highway so I assumed nobody else could either. So maybe those weren't thumbs up I was getting coming back from Portland, maybe everybody was simply giving me the finger and my deep seated narcissism just saw it as thumbs up??

~Kelly
Hah, coming from Portland it was probably an ironic fixed-gear thumbs up.
Old September 2nd, 2013, 11:13 PM
kellykortman
kelly kortman
1994 land rover defender

Registry
If I only knew what an ironic fixed gear thumbs up was. digress.
Old September 3rd, 2013, 06:18 PM
ssi19
scott
1995/D90

'67 bronco. Greenport, NY. Too nice to not post.
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-668997596.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	521.2 KB
ID:	78981

Name:	image-1673441200.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	519.7 KB
ID:	78982
Old September 3rd, 2013, 09:29 PM
koltonstanley
Kolton Stanley
defender 130 hi cap

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssi19 View Post
Love early broncos.
My first vehicle was a 1974 bronco.
Had it for 11 yrs till I sold it to make room for the pinzgauer.
Old September 4th, 2013, 11:00 AM
D110
Jamie
1955 107

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
So what truck was yours?

-Jeff
We only had Saturday so we didn't take a truck (It's a good 3 hour drive for us each way - I had the 110 up at the Bellevue ABFM if you were there this year.) Had a great day admiring the rigs and everything else British... the wife now thinks we need a TR250 or a MGB-GT to add to the garage....
Old September 4th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Jpayne
Jeff Payne
'83 110 3 Door

Registry
Yet another Eddie Bauer ad
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-3625867087.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	79053  
Old September 4th, 2013, 01:46 PM
rd10014
Ronnie
1993 NAS D110

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssi19 View Post
Nice!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
ht, sighting, sightings