Defender Sightings - Page 287 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Join the Defender Source Community Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #5721  
Old July 21st, 2013, 10:41 PM
rijosho's Avatar
rijosho
Status: Offline
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,651
Registry
I figured we'd all just assume it's Neil McCauley's!
__________________
Quote:
I am talking purely from an aesthetics standpoint.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #5722  
Old July 21st, 2013, 10:43 PM
Gunmaker's Avatar
Gunmaker
Status: Offline
Michael Ullman
1995 D90 SW #270
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 373
Registry
Stalked this 90 in "someone's" garage today. Looks like they are making some pretty cool modifications.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20130721_001.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	76216  
__________________
My Rover doesn’t leak oil, she is marking her territory.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #5723  
Old July 22nd, 2013, 12:45 AM
JASEcrest
Status: Offline
Jason
'88 Defender 110
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: North Dallas, Texas (Allen)
Posts: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
I figured we'd all just assume it's Neil McCauley's!
You wrote what I was thinking.
Reply With Quote
  #5724  
Old July 22nd, 2013, 01:28 PM
couga861900's Avatar
couga861900
Status: Offline
Cougar, WM of Hiram 72
Land Rover Defender 90 2.5td
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: East
Posts: 851
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
The GF is watching Sex Slaves - Massage Parlors on MSNBC right now and yelled out DEFENDER. She snapped this pic. Looks like an Arles Blue NAS SW. She said the investigation report took place in SanFrancisco.
Good job josh. You got your girl trained. I'm sending mine to training school.
Reply With Quote
  #5725  
Old July 22nd, 2013, 01:58 PM
Bill Larson's Avatar
Bill Larson
Status: Offline
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: AUS
Posts: 6,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaker View Post
Stalked this 90 in "someone's" garage today. Looks like they are making some pretty cool modifications.
Oh I see how it is...so not only do I need to check the 3 firearms you carry on person...I have to worry about camera phones also...it's all bad! lol.
Reply With Quote
  #5726  
Old July 22nd, 2013, 03:14 PM
leastonce's Avatar
leastonce
Status: Offline
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,073
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
The GF is watching Sex Slaves - Massage Parlors on MSNBC right now and yelled out DEFENDER. She snapped this pic. Looks like an Arles Blue NAS SW. She said the investigation report took place in SanFrancisco.
with a london bus in the background?
__________________
Quote:
Soapy water / KY jelly, etc. is is basically a must. Yes, good idea to remove trim panels - only takes 5 more minutes to do so.
Car Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Reply With Quote
  #5727  
Old July 22nd, 2013, 09:02 PM
WD90's Avatar
WD90
Status: Offline
Dan
1995 NAS Defender 90
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 378
Registry
Spotted tonight on my table...

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3978098384.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	536.6 KB
ID:	76317
Reply With Quote
  #5728  
Old July 23rd, 2013, 06:42 PM
BMGmotors's Avatar
BMGmotors
Status: Offline
Baird M. Gehring
1997 D90 ST #1558
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Dallas, Tx.
Posts: 360
Registry
arles blue 110 spotted at Hillstone in Preston Center
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2301.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	76347  
Reply With Quote
  #5729  
Old July 23rd, 2013, 07:12 PM
JASEcrest
Status: Offline
Jason
'88 Defender 110
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: North Dallas, Texas (Allen)
Posts: 286
North Dallas

Yellow 90 ST - Southbound US 75 around 11:30 AM... anyone here?
Reply With Quote
  #5730  
Old July 23rd, 2013, 07:28 PM
Daddymow's Avatar
Daddymow
Status: Offline
Raub A.
1987 D110 Tithonus
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Stuart, FL / Boone, NC
Posts: 3,332
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by WD90 View Post
Spotted tonight on my table...

Attachment 76317
It always disturbs me when I see an Outback commercial and they are splashing that 110 through the salt water it's just wrong. Not to mention the over the top Aussie announcer guy. I won't eat there anymore in protest.
Reply With Quote
  #5731  
Old July 23rd, 2013, 08:19 PM
leastonce's Avatar
leastonce
Status: Offline
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,073
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddymow View Post

It always disturbs me when I see an Outback commercial and they are splashing that 110 through the salt water it's just wrong. Not to mention the over the top Aussie announcer guy. I won't eat there anymore in protest.
I won't eat there because its meh! ;-)
__________________
Quote:
Soapy water / KY jelly, etc. is is basically a must. Yes, good idea to remove trim panels - only takes 5 more minutes to do so.
Car Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Reply With Quote
  #5732  
Old July 23rd, 2013, 08:20 PM
Tyler Wirken
Status: Offline
Tyler Wirken
1997 Defender 90 LE
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kansas City, Mo
Posts: 682
Just got an e-mail from a friend saying his friend just bought this truck. Not sure from where or even where the truck is now.

Anyone recognize it? Looks nice.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	76348  
Reply With Quote
  #5733  
Old July 23rd, 2013, 09:50 PM
WD90's Avatar
WD90
Status: Offline
Dan
1995 NAS Defender 90
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 378
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by leastonce View Post

I won't eat there because its meh! ;-)
I only eat there when I randomly get gift cards at work... Usually too salty for me, although the filet I had last night was great.
Reply With Quote
  #5734  
Old July 23rd, 2013, 11:22 PM
Akitatw4's Avatar
Akitatw4
Status: Offline
Tom
1995/D90
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Nobleboro, ME USA
Posts: 172
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by WD90 View Post

I only eat there when I randomly get gift cards at work... Usually too salty for me, although the filet I had last night was great.
Never, Never, Never Eat at a chain restaurant if you van possibly help it!
__________________
"Be Polite, Be Professional, but have a Plan to Kill Everyone You Meet." - Gen. James Mattis, USMC
---------------------------------------------------------------------
1995 NAS D90- Alpine White 'Oink'
Reply With Quote
  #5735  
Old July 23rd, 2013, 11:26 PM
javelinadave's Avatar
javelinadave
Status: Offline
Dave
1989 110SW 1 of 2,000,000
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 5,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akitatw4 View Post
Never, Never, Never Eat at a chain restaurant if you van possibly help it!
Amen to that! I always try to support the mom & pop places.
Reply With Quote
  #5736  
Old July 24th, 2013, 12:26 AM
Akitatw4's Avatar
Akitatw4
Status: Offline
Tom
1995/D90
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Nobleboro, ME USA
Posts: 172
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by javelinadave View Post
Amen to that! I always try to support the mom & pop places.
I travel frequently (actually in Anchorage, AK right now) and it is my # 1 rule. I meet more interesting people and eat far better food following that rule!
__________________
"Be Polite, Be Professional, but have a Plan to Kill Everyone You Meet." - Gen. James Mattis, USMC
---------------------------------------------------------------------
1995 NAS D90- Alpine White 'Oink'
Reply With Quote
  #5737  
Old July 24th, 2013, 12:44 AM
SonnyAK's Avatar
SonnyAK
Status: Offline
Sonny
1993 NAS 110
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Anchorage, AK, USA
Posts: 452
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akitatw4 View Post
I travel frequently (actually in Anchorage, AK right now) and it is my # 1 rule. I meet more interesting people and eat far better food following that rule!
If you go to Girdwood and want a good meal, try "Jack Sprats"...Never had anything bad there! How long you in Alaska?

We never eat at chain food shops when traveling...that's half the fun of going new places!
Reply With Quote
  #5738  
Old July 24th, 2013, 12:46 AM
Akitatw4's Avatar
Akitatw4
Status: Offline
Tom
1995/D90
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Nobleboro, ME USA
Posts: 172
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyAK View Post
If you go to Girdwood and want a good meal, try "Jack Sprats"...Never had anything bad there! How long you in Alaska?

We never eat at chain food shops when traveling...that's half the fun of going new places!
I am here till Friday mid- Day staying at the Downtown Hilton.
__________________
"Be Polite, Be Professional, but have a Plan to Kill Everyone You Meet." - Gen. James Mattis, USMC
---------------------------------------------------------------------
1995 NAS D90- Alpine White 'Oink'
Reply With Quote
  #5739  
Old July 24th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Bill Larson's Avatar
Bill Larson
Status: Offline
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: AUS
Posts: 6,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akitatw4 View Post
I am here till Friday mid- Day staying at the Downtown Hilton.
Man- leave the Hilton and go stay at the local B & B and support the local economy...never stay a a big brand hotel whilst traveling the local Inns are much better!
Reply With Quote
  #5740  
Old July 24th, 2013, 08:16 AM
rijosho's Avatar
rijosho
Status: Offline
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,651
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Larson View Post
Man- leave the Hilton and go stay at the local B & B and support the local economy...never stay a a big brand hotel whilst traveling the local Inns are much better!
x2. I meet more interesting people and eat far better food following that rule!
__________________
Quote:
I am talking purely from an aesthetics standpoint.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
ht, sighting, sightings

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Whats in my container??????? SafariHP The Vendors Loft 30 November 26th, 2015 07:31 AM
Slickrock Defender 90 Sliders dave_lucas The Vendors Loft 15 November 28th, 2010 04:45 PM
Road Trip Report, Defender Sightings chris snell Misc. Chit-Chat 5 December 28th, 2005 03:03 PM
94 NAS Defender 90-P.O.E.(Port of Entry) 1 of 65 made! on EBAY SeanD-90 Misc. Chit-Chat 24 February 16th, 2005 04:21 AM
Defender sightings around Burbank, who are you? kellymoe Misc. Chit-Chat 4 April 3rd, 2004 02:25 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:18 PM.


Copyright