Defender Sightings - Page 252 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Join the Defender Source Community Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #5021  
Old April 30th, 2013, 09:44 PM
WeBeCinYa's Avatar
WeBeCinYa
Status: Offline
Matt
94 ST #84
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 1,883
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddymow View Post
Saw this NAS 90 for sale in Boone NC this weekend. It was on a used 4x4 lot nex to a bunch of built up Rubicons and a couple of AEV Jeep Bruit pick ups.
My brother lives in Boone, checked this one but lost immediate interest when they wanted $49k for it. I imagine it will sit in that college town a while at that price.
__________________
1994 Defender 90
1995 Range Rover Classic
2006 LR3 SE
1991 Range Rover Classic (sold)
2006 LR3 SE (sold)
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #5022  
Old April 30th, 2013, 09:53 PM
Brewie212's Avatar
Brewie212
Status: Offline
Brian Kandefer
1957 107 wagon, 94 arles St, 95 RRC
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 2,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddymow View Post
Saw this NAS 90 for sale in Boone NC this weekend. It was on a used 4x4 lot nex to a bunch of built up Rubicons and a couple of AEV Jeep Bruit pick ups.
We where up there at our cabin three weeks ago! It is a killer truck, super clean! I know Rick I built bumpers for him while at industrial design school at App.
__________________
"Someone once told me not to bite off more than I can chew, I told them I'd rather choke on greatness than nibble on mediocrity!!!"
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #5023  
Old April 30th, 2013, 10:03 PM
Daddymow's Avatar
Daddymow
Status: Offline
Raub A.
1987 D110 Tithonus
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Stuart, FL / Boone, NC
Posts: 3,342
Registry
Brian, I just put a contract on 17 acres and a cabin in Sugar Grove. I will definatly have my Rover up there this summer you will have to show me some trails.

Matt, looking at what else was on the lot a price like that dosen't suprise me. It was nice but it was no garage queen that's for sure.
Reply With Quote
  #5024  
Old April 30th, 2013, 10:17 PM
Brewie212's Avatar
Brewie212
Status: Offline
Brian Kandefer
1957 107 wagon, 94 arles St, 95 RRC
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 2,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddymow View Post
Brian, I just put a contract on 17 acres and a cabin in Sugar Grove. I will definatly have my Rover up there this summer you will have to show me some trails.

Matt, looking at what else was on the lot a price like that dosen't suprise me. It was nice but it was no garage queen that's for sure.
Our cabin is off Snaggy Mountain, just off 105.Big rock is really the only thing that I know, along with the fire tower! We are up at our cabin a much as we can! Rick at High Country has been building Brute trucks for ten years! It is pulling a premium but what can you expect from a used car lot. Love the area, spend most of our time at the vineyards! Especially in banner elk
__________________
"Someone once told me not to bite off more than I can chew, I told them I'd rather choke on greatness than nibble on mediocrity!!!"
Reply With Quote
  #5025  
Old April 30th, 2013, 10:17 PM
KKilo23's Avatar
KKilo23
Status: Offline
Kenny
NAS SW l NAS ST l 110 SW | 110 Crew
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Saratoga Springs, NY
Posts: 2,060
Registry
NAS 110 on 55 in Santa Ana / Irvine Area
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1245818339.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	404.8 KB
ID:	71165  
Reply With Quote
  #5026  
Old May 1st, 2013, 08:36 AM
rover4x4's Avatar
rover4x4
Status: Offline
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Old North State
Posts: 7,418
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddymow View Post
Saw this NAS 90 for sale in Boone NC this weekend. It was on a used 4x4 lot nex to a bunch of built up Rubicons and a couple of AEV Jeep Bruit pick ups.
its been sitting there since Feb
__________________
Poor gas mileage gets you to the best places on earth
Reply With Quote
  #5027  
Old May 1st, 2013, 10:11 AM
CMSgt Bo's Avatar
CMSgt Bo
Status: Offline
Bo
1985 One Ten
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Banner Elk NC
Posts: 617
We've got a house off 105 across from Grandfather Mountain.

Hi Country gets nice stuff on their lot. They had a killer electric blue Jeep Commando when I was there in November..
__________________
Proud member of the YCHJCYA2PDTHFH club.

It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
Reply With Quote
  #5028  
Old May 1st, 2013, 10:18 AM
Wolf Fabrication's Avatar
Wolf Fabrication
Status: Offline
Sterling Archer
'93 NAS110 #463
D-90 Source Vendor
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oahu, HI
Posts: 7,380
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMSgt Bo View Post
Hi Country gets nice stuff on their lot. They had a killer electric blue Jeep Commando when I was there in November..
I love the Jeepster Commandos and had a '71 in electric blue. Dauntless 225 V6, 3 speed, all orginal...

And I built up a '69 with a Caddilac 500 motor, 5" lift, 35's, etc. Great trucks.
__________________
"The most unreliable car in the world is the most reliable car in the world." -Jeremy Clarkson refering to the Range Rover


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Reply With Quote
  #5029  
Old May 1st, 2013, 10:33 AM
CMSgt Bo's Avatar
CMSgt Bo
Status: Offline
Bo
1985 One Ten
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Banner Elk NC
Posts: 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Fabrication View Post
And I built up a '69 with a Caddilac 500 motor, 5" lift, 35's, etc. Great trucks.
That sounds like a badass combination.
__________________
Proud member of the YCHJCYA2PDTHFH club.

It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
Reply With Quote
  #5030  
Old May 1st, 2013, 10:58 AM
chris snell's Avatar
chris snell
Status: Offline
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Kansas
Posts: 2,446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddymow View Post
Then on the way back to Florida I stopped at St. Simons Island for a beer and some BBQ ribs and saw this ExMoD 90 for sale. The guy wanted $18,000 and the dash was all ripped out and all kinds of parts shoved in the back.
Wow. Maybe I need to flip my truck.

Not.
Reply With Quote
  #5031  
Old May 1st, 2013, 11:25 AM
scout110801's Avatar
scout110801
Status: Offline
Justus
None
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Charlotte, N.C. USA
Posts: 61
Saw this today in the South End area in Charlotte.


Click image for larger version

Name:	image-158829747.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	443.9 KB
ID:	71172



Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2725249479.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	522.9 KB
ID:	71173
Reply With Quote
  #5032  
Old May 1st, 2013, 11:30 AM
Overlander's Avatar
Overlander
Status: Offline
mark kellgren
93' NAS 110- #234
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 6,548
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by scout110801 View Post
Saw this today in the South End area in Charlotte.
Think Ive seen that one at stonecrest before
__________________
Mark Kellgren
KM4BOR

ISIL and al qaeda can go F*ck themselves...
Reply With Quote
  #5033  
Old May 1st, 2013, 12:10 PM
rijosho's Avatar
rijosho
Status: Offline
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,650
Registry
Whose Beluga Black D90 ST is this with Boost wheels and KM1 tires? It was spotted last year by Man on the Move (manonthemove) in Montauk. Has NY plates. Looks like it also has a fresh paint job complete with gloss flares and some Camel Trophy stickers on the windshield and snorkel.

http://manonthemove.com/2012/09/11/r...r-anytown-usa/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ManontheMove Beluga Black D90 ST 1.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	234.2 KB
ID:	71174   Click image for larger version

Name:	ManontheMove Beluga Black D90 ST 2.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	200.2 KB
ID:	71175  

__________________
Quote:
I am talking purely from an aesthetics standpoint.
Reply With Quote
  #5034  
Old May 1st, 2013, 03:01 PM
Ben01
Status: Offline
Ben
Defender
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 1,093
Josh, during the summer there are about 3-5 NAS trucks at any given time parked within a mile of where that photo was taken.

Montauk would be the mecca for your sightings.
Reply With Quote
  #5035  
Old May 1st, 2013, 03:16 PM
rijosho's Avatar
rijosho
Status: Offline
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,650
Registry
Oh I don't doubt it. Nantucket maybe even more so. It's just that it's the first Beluga Black ST truck that I've seen in a long time that looks almost as good as mine. Aside from on this forum and a few other places, I can't think of too many people who would know what Boost wheels are or how to find them for their NAS trucks, so I thought it might be someone from this site, or at least an acquantance of someone from here. Plus KM1s are mounted on them, so you'd think that they've had those boost wheels for quite some time. Then again, the first few letters of the NY plate are FDE, so it's only been registered in NY for a little over a year and was probably purchased in its current form.
__________________
Quote:
I am talking purely from an aesthetics standpoint.
Reply With Quote
  #5036  
Old May 1st, 2013, 03:27 PM
Overlander's Avatar
Overlander
Status: Offline
mark kellgren
93' NAS 110- #234
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 6,548
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Oh I don't doubt it. Nantucket maybe even more so. It's just that it's the first Beluga Black ST truck that I've seen in a long time that looks almost as good as mine. Aside from on this forum and a few other places, I can't think of too many people who would know what Boost wheels are or how to find them for their NAS trucks, so I thought it might be someone from this site, or at least an acquantance of someone from here. Plus KM1s are mounted on them, so you'd think that they've had those boost wheels for quite some time. Then again, the first few letters of the NY plate are FDE, so it's only been registered in NY for a little over a year and was probably purchased in its current form.
You sir, are a super sleuth!

a sherlock holmes quote is appropriate here:

'You see, but you do not observe. The distinction is clear.'
Sherlock Holmes Quote
-A Scandal in Bohemia
__________________
Mark Kellgren
KM4BOR

ISIL and al qaeda can go F*ck themselves...
Reply With Quote
  #5037  
Old May 1st, 2013, 03:32 PM
WeBeCinYa's Avatar
WeBeCinYa
Status: Offline
Matt
94 ST #84
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 1,883
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Whose Beluga Black D90 ST is this with Boost wheels and KM1 tires? It was spotted last year by Man on the Move (manonthemove) in Montauk. Has NY plates. Looks like it also has a fresh paint job complete with gloss flares and some Camel Trophy stickers on the windshield and snorkel.

http://manonthemove.com/2012/09/11/r...r-anytown-usa/

That's got to be one of the best black paint jobs on a D90 I've seen (in pics). I like the painting of the fender flares too.
__________________
1994 Defender 90
1995 Range Rover Classic
2006 LR3 SE
1991 Range Rover Classic (sold)
2006 LR3 SE (sold)
Reply With Quote
  #5038  
Old May 1st, 2013, 03:39 PM
rijosho's Avatar
rijosho
Status: Offline
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,650
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBeCinYa View Post

That's got to be one of the best black paint job on a D90 I've seen (in pics). I like the painting of the fender flares too.
Even cleaner than this?! the dash is so clean you could eat off of it. Or apply makeup from it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2839916730.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	647.7 KB
ID:	71200   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2296732267.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	473.1 KB
ID:	71201  

__________________
Quote:
I am talking purely from an aesthetics standpoint.
Reply With Quote
  #5039  
Old May 1st, 2013, 03:42 PM
tjfslaughter's Avatar
tjfslaughter
Status: Offline
thomas
Burbon
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NorthEast
Posts: 4,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBeCinYa View Post
That's got to be one of the best black paint job on a D90 I've seen (in pics). I like the painting of the fender flares too.
This one is nicer

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...postcount=2736

------ Follow up post added May 1st, 2013 03:43 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Even cleaner than this?! the dash is so clean you could eat off of it. Or apply makeup from it.

That looks like a 15' footer.............. I am talking about the truck.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5040  
Old May 1st, 2013, 03:47 PM
WeBeCinYa's Avatar
WeBeCinYa
Status: Offline
Matt
94 ST #84
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 1,883
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjfslaughter View Post
This one is nicer

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...postcount=2736

------ Follow up post added May 1st, 2013 03:43 PM ------




That looks like a 15' footer.............. I am talking about the truck.
I would think the black one with the fenders painted is not an original body paint, so to your point the one in Park City being original paint would be very nice too. Josh yours is clean also, but that mirror black paint is ridiculous.
__________________
1994 Defender 90
1995 Range Rover Classic
2006 LR3 SE
1991 Range Rover Classic (sold)
2006 LR3 SE (sold)
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
ht, sighting, sightings

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Whats in my container??????? SafariHP The Vendors Loft 30 November 26th, 2015 07:31 AM
Slickrock Defender 90 Sliders dave_lucas The Vendors Loft 15 November 28th, 2010 04:45 PM
Road Trip Report, Defender Sightings chris snell Misc. Chit-Chat 5 December 28th, 2005 03:03 PM
94 NAS Defender 90-P.O.E.(Port of Entry) 1 of 65 made! on EBAY SeanD-90 Misc. Chit-Chat 24 February 16th, 2005 04:21 AM
Defender sightings around Burbank, who are you? kellymoe Misc. Chit-Chat 4 April 3rd, 2004 02:25 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:49 PM.


Copyright