Defender Sightings - Page 24 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old September 17th, 2010, 12:37 PM
rusty james
Rob
95 D90 SW

Saw a white 90 SW in Culver City on Washington yesterday. Sorry no pic, it was a nice looking truck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 17th, 2010, 01:48 PM
airbornrover
William Skidmore
1994 D90

Black 90 at the Atlantic Club in Red Bank NJ

Was waiting for my mother at the gym in Red Bank tuesday late morning'ish (of course in the disco). Saw this chick with brownish hair parking a black 95/97 90 with no top just full cage in the back parking lot of the gym. Had some diamond plates along the bottom sill and I think on the fender as well. Also had an ECR sticker on the right rear fender between the tire carrier mount and rover plaque.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 17th, 2010, 01:55 PM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbornrover View Post
Was waiting for my mother at the gym in Red Bank tuesday late morning'ish (of course in the disco). Saw this chick with brownish hair parking a black 95/97 90 with no top just full cage in the back parking lot of the gym. Had some diamond plates along the bottom sill and I think on the fender as well. Also had an ECR sticker on the right rear fender between the tire carrier mount and rover plaque.
Mrs. Cecil.
She loves her D90:

http://www.eastcoastrover.com/227.html

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Old September 17th, 2010, 01:59 PM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbornrover View Post
That's my friends' 90. They bought a 90 and sent it up to Mike/ECR right away to get sorted. Nice and clean truck. If it had a Thule bike rack on the tire, I helped him put it on (the Thule ones needs a little massaging to fit on). I've told him anytime he wants to bring it on the trail but his schedule is busy and it might just be an around town rig. I'll see if I can talk him to go to the Rausch Creek for Trevor's event if it happens again this fall.
Old September 17th, 2010, 03:44 PM
airbornrover
William Skidmore
1994 D90

Never thought I would be that close to a truck touched by ECR, cool. Yeah it did have the thule device you talk about. If your friend isnt happy with that bike rack. They could buy a hitch receiver extender from AB and then attach a proper bike rack or whatever into the extended hitch receiver no fuss no muss. My father loved it cause he could then just pull his rack from behind the disco and place it on the back of the defender with ease.
Old September 17th, 2010, 11:05 PM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
airborn - I know of 3 (including my friends' black 90) ECR Defenders in town.

Regarding the bike rack - I've gone the hitch mount and it is an utter pain in the a$s if you want to get in the tub thru the back tailgate with any frequency.

His Thule install came out pretty good. It should have been level (I squared it off when I put it on) but they do have a tendency to twist within the Thule junction. Mine is a little mangled - it's held bikes while off road, hit the garage wall once and has to fit around a 34" Super Swamper. But it's been in use for 2 years and I love that the kids can hop in back if I just got home from a ride or if I forgot some gear while loading I don't have to deal with the hassle of a hitch mount.

FWIW, I just ordered the new spare tire one from Yakima. It will still need mods to fit the LR bolt pattern but from what I can tell will be a better fit (hopefully)
Old September 18th, 2010, 04:15 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
On behalf of Bozman:

He spotted a white 110 ROW heading on I-87 North in the New York/Albany area...ironically, it was NOT me (though Greg thought it may be). Anyone here on the list? No pics, but I'm sure it must've looked like mine if he thought it was me (here's a pic of mine: http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...9&d=1270260062).
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old September 19th, 2010, 05:32 PM
Arjun
Arjun
None

Green D90 ST with a grey/green hard top with what looked like Vermont plates going eastbound on 123 at the intersection of 123 and Old Courthouse in Vienna at 3.30pm this afternoon. Nifty looking rig.
Old September 19th, 2010, 06:44 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun View Post
Green D90 ST with a grey/green hard top with what looked like Vermont plates going eastbound on 123 at the intersection of 123 and Old Courthouse in Vienna at 3.30pm this afternoon. Nifty looking rig.
That was Greg (Bozman)! Here's down here in the DC area...
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Old September 19th, 2010, 10:07 PM
Gunmaker
Michael Ullman
1995 D90 SW #270

Registry
Not a Defender I know, but cool none the less. I don't see any Defenders or Series Trucks in my area. I know there are a few in San Antonio and Austin just don't really ever see any here inbetween the two big citys. Anyway was leaving work today and as I pulled up to the feeder road to get on I-35 staring right at me across the road was a Series IIa. He pulled over and we talked for a few minutes. Turns out he is in town and sees me all the time just doesn't drive his every day. While we were talking two Land rovers drove by, an LR3 and what ever their new car is, I think it is front wheel drive. The LR3 acted like they were going to stop but thought better of being caught with such riff raff. Snapped these two pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0710.JPG
Views:	145
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	31272   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0711.JPG
Views:	163
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	31273  

Old September 20th, 2010, 01:54 AM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

So I am in Scottsdale for work and I am driving around with a car load of female coworkers when i scream stop so I can take these photos. This thing is just sitting on the street.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	photo 1.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	31278   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	31279  

Name:	photo 3.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	31280   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 4.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	31281  

Old September 20th, 2010, 06:35 AM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf View Post
So I am in Scottsdale for work and I am driving around with a car load of female coworkers when i scream stop so I can take these photos. This thing is just sitting on the street.
Dude that's unbelievable...especially because it appears to be a LHD 130. Where the heck were the plates from? They appear to be out of the US...or is that just the front plate and it had a regular back plate?
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Old September 20th, 2010, 08:58 AM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post
That was Greg (Bozman)! Here's down here in the DC area...
Sounds like his, and the timing is right - but his is black!
Old September 20th, 2010, 10:10 AM
sherpamike
Mike Doligalski
'95 D90 ST

Registry
Quote:

Am I the only one who thinks that camper is hideous? Jeesh... it's even bungee corded down. haha.
Old September 20th, 2010, 10:18 AM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Camper was hideous. Rear plate was foreign as well
Old September 20th, 2010, 09:48 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Dude that's unbelievable...especially because it appears to be a LHD 130.
Dude it is a lhd 130 ! Tdci bonnet as well.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Land Rover Shipment and Importation Service
Bespoke Restoration & Modification work

Old September 20th, 2010, 10:07 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Camper was hideous. Rear plate was foreign as well
Barry:

Just curious...did you by chance notice what country the plates were from?
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Old September 21st, 2010, 10:02 AM
tomaco1
T.mac
83 110

Registry
Any body at the Yankee game yesterday? A coworker said they say a "green, 4 lights, much nicer than yours" 90 on the way to the Yankee game.
Old September 21st, 2010, 11:06 AM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Quote:
Barry:

Just curious...did you by chance notice what country the plates were from?
They were foreign but no clue the country. It was for sure a puma. If my research is correct it was a 2007.
Old September 21st, 2010, 11:10 AM
tjfslaughter
thomas
Burbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomaco1 View Post
Any body at the Yankee game yesterday? A coworker said they say a "green, 4 lights, much nicer than yours" 90 on the way to the Yankee game.

Maybe Daniel

------ Follow up post added September 21st, 2010 11:10 AM ------

Defender 90 on display at the Rover dealership in Paramus NJ.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
ht, sighting, sightings

« Camel 110 #Africa | - »