Defender Sightings - Page 148 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Join the Defender Source Community Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #2941  
Old July 15th, 2012, 11:48 PM
aaronlam's Avatar
aaronlam
Status: Offline
aaron lam
1997 Alpine White D90 SW #2212
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Redondo Beach
Posts: 263
Registry
mlorman spotted at the grocery store

Super super clean... detail job looked amazing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-2.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	166.6 KB
ID:	54276   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-4.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	133.5 KB
ID:	54277  

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2942  
Old July 16th, 2012, 12:03 AM
Bill Larson's Avatar
Bill Larson
Status: Offline
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: AUS
Posts: 6,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronlam View Post
mlorman spotted at the grocery store

Super super clean... detail job looked amazing.
That is a VERY clean truck Mark...!!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2943  
Old July 16th, 2012, 12:21 AM
mlorman's Avatar
mlorman
Status: Offline
Mark Lorman
95 ST #2782
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Manhattan Beach, CA
Posts: 553
Thank you, someone must have been at Sprout in Redondo Beach today
Reply With Quote
  #2944  
Old July 16th, 2012, 12:44 PM
rusty james's Avatar
rusty james
Status: Offline
Rob
95 D90 SW
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Los Angeles,CA
Posts: 193
Bad cell phone pic in Hacienda Heights last night.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Yellow 90.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	54284  
Reply With Quote
  #2945  
Old July 17th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Overlander's Avatar
Overlander
Status: Offline
mark kellgren
93' NAS 110- #234
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 6,545
Registry
Saw a yellow ST going opposite way this AM on my way to work in S. Charlotte. Haven't seen that one before. Driver didn't even see me which I was shocked at, as I was in the 110! Anybody know anythign about it? Had some large black words and patterns painted on the sides, but didn't catch what it read.

Although there are several D's in Charlotte, I'm convinced that Dale and I are the only D owners that are also enthusiasts around here.
Reply With Quote
  #2946  
Old July 17th, 2012, 09:33 AM
waveridin1959's Avatar
waveridin1959
Status: Online
Brian Jones
1995 D-90 ST #2892
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,070
Registry
When i was living there I thought the same thing. All the owners I ran into didn't seem to be the enthusiast type. Even the 110 owner I ran into in Southpark.
__________________
1995 Defender ST
1996 Discovery SE7
2008 LR3 HSE - Wife's


“Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together… mass hysteria!”
Reply With Quote
  #2947  
Old July 17th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Overlander's Avatar
Overlander
Status: Offline
mark kellgren
93' NAS 110- #234
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 6,545
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by waveridin1959 View Post
When i was living there I thought the same thing. All the owners I ran into didn't seem to be the enthusiast type. Even the 110 owner I ran into in Southpark.
I have yet to see that elusive NAS 110 up there. If I ever see him and I don't get a wave back I'm going to contact the CMPD and ask them to make him sell it.
Reply With Quote
  #2948  
Old July 17th, 2012, 09:37 AM
Bill Larson's Avatar
Bill Larson
Status: Offline
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: AUS
Posts: 6,645
Ah- Southpark....the good olde days of higher end shopping...where the spandex covers something worth seeing.....
Reply With Quote
  #2949  
Old July 17th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Ron Mexico
Status: Offline
Ryan
LR3
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 446
not a Defender, but does anyone want to venture a guess as to what this man's profession might be?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	discoplate.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	54324  
Reply With Quote
  #2950  
Old July 17th, 2012, 09:43 AM
101stAirborne's Avatar
101stAirborne
Status: Offline
Battle Ewing
1997 D90 LE 255/300
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Hernando, MS, USA
Posts: 1,195
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Mexico View Post
not a Defender, but does anyone want to venture a guess as to what this man's profession might be?
I think it's a safe bet to say he doesn't teach Sunday School......
Reply With Quote
  #2951  
Old July 17th, 2012, 09:46 AM
waveridin1959's Avatar
waveridin1959
Status: Online
Brian Jones
1995 D-90 ST #2892
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,070
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlander View Post
I have yet to see that elusive NAS 110 up there. If I ever see him and I don't get a wave back I'm going to contact the CMPD and ask them to make him sell it.
I talked to him at the Harris Teeter one day. Didnt seem that interested to talk. I used to see it parked on S Wendover close to Sharon road on a side road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Larson View Post
Ah- Southpark....the good olde days of higher end shopping...where the spandex covers something worth seeing.....
I felt like I need to dress nice to go to the damn mall. One stop shopping for your Burberry and Louis Vuitton. I used to go just to stare at the Ferrari they had sitting in there.
__________________
1995 Defender ST
1996 Discovery SE7
2008 LR3 HSE - Wife's


“Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together… mass hysteria!”
Reply With Quote
  #2952  
Old July 17th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Ron Mexico
Status: Offline
Ryan
LR3
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101stAirborne View Post
I think it's a safe bet to say he doesn't teach Sunday School......
my first thought was actually, "I wonder if Neil has a cousin who lives in Portland..."
Reply With Quote
  #2953  
Old July 17th, 2012, 11:01 AM
triple9music's Avatar
triple9music
Status: Offline
Chad Davis
1984 Defender 90
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 855
Registry
Ron, DP means director of photography, and in the surf world it means Dawn Patrol but I always giggle when a friend texts me about surfing in the morning and uses DP. Not sure he knows the alternate meaning.
Reply With Quote
  #2954  
Old July 17th, 2012, 11:17 AM
goinsurfin's Avatar
goinsurfin
Status: Offline
Jayson
06 LR3 HSE
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: FL
Posts: 244
Registry
SFL. Cool looking Berkshire 110. I was not aware that UK tags include the dealer name. Interesting..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1100.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	54329  
Reply With Quote
  #2955  
Old July 17th, 2012, 11:19 AM
triple9music's Avatar
triple9music
Status: Offline
Chad Davis
1984 Defender 90
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 855
Registry
hmm, I didn't know that either, mine just has the LR oval.
Reply With Quote
  #2956  
Old July 17th, 2012, 05:42 PM
madcowdungbeetle
Status: Offline
Carter
1994 D90 on 37s supreme balla style
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,327
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlander View Post
Saw a yellow ST going opposite way this AM on my way to work in S. Charlotte. Haven't seen that one before. Driver didn't even see me which I was shocked at, as I was in the 110! Anybody know anythign about it? Had some large black words and patterns painted on the sides, but didn't catch what it read.

Although there are several D's in Charlotte, I'm convinced that Dale and I are the only D owners that are also enthusiasts around here.
I've seen the yellow one before off Monford. There's a green SW in Dilworth, and a white 90 SW that's an ECR resto off Selwyn. Also saw an NAS SW painted gunmetal gray on 77S last week, and there's a white lifted NAS 90 ST with a snorkel I see on 77N and 277 from time to time.

Then,there's that one guy that drives that lifted beat to hell red 90 with no doors. I hear he's a real asshole.
Reply With Quote
  #2957  
Old July 17th, 2012, 07:54 PM
dav1550
Status: Offline
Dave Morgan
74 SIII 109sw / 00 SII
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Catawba River basin
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by madcowdungbeetle View Post

Then,there's that one guy that drives that lifted beat to hell red 90 with no doors. I hear he's a real asshole.
Yea, that one’s a real nutcase,,,,,Last time I spotted him it was at 51 and Fullwood, reggae locks in the wind , no doors, not much of a top, in near freezing temps
Reply With Quote
  #2958  
Old July 17th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Overlander's Avatar
Overlander
Status: Offline
mark kellgren
93' NAS 110- #234
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 6,545
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by madcowdungbeetle View Post
I've seen the yellow one before off Monford. There's a green SW in Dilworth, and a white 90 SW that's an ECR resto off Selwyn. Also saw an NAS SW painted gunmetal gray on 77S last week, and there's a white lifted NAS 90 ST with a snorkel I see on 77N and 277 from time to time.

Then,there's that one guy that drives that lifted beat to hell red 90 with no doors. I hear he's a real asshole.
Oops, yep, there's a couple more of us! I wonder if that white ECR you referred to is the one that seems to live about a mile from my house around Providence CC. I see him from time to time going my same way in traffic. I saw it up close once, and it was really nice.
Reply With Quote
  #2959  
Old July 17th, 2012, 09:20 PM
madcowdungbeetle
Status: Offline
Carter
1994 D90 on 37s supreme balla style
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,327
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlander View Post
Oops, yep, there's a couple more of us! I wonder if that white ECR you referred to is the one that seems to live about a mile from my house around Providence CC. I see him from time to time going my same way in traffic. I saw it up close once, and it was really nice.
I pass him on 77S occasionally in the mornings. He lives over in Myers Park near Queens College. At least that's where I frequently have seen it.
Reply With Quote
  #2960  
Old July 19th, 2012, 07:54 PM
JSBriggs's Avatar
JSBriggs
Status: Offline
Jeff Briggs
Antarctic Blue Super Sports Wagon
Site Team
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Auburn CA
Posts: 12,292
Registry
Red 109 wagon w/brownchurch rack and highlift on the back in the Wilsonville OR Costo parking lot. Anyone here?

-Jeff
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
ht, sighting, sightings

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Whats in my container??????? SafariHP The Vendors Loft 30 November 26th, 2015 07:31 AM
Slickrock Defender 90 Sliders dave_lucas The Vendors Loft 15 November 28th, 2010 04:45 PM
Road Trip Report, Defender Sightings chris snell Misc. Chit-Chat 5 December 28th, 2005 03:03 PM
94 NAS Defender 90-P.O.E.(Port of Entry) 1 of 65 made! on EBAY SeanD-90 Misc. Chit-Chat 24 February 16th, 2005 04:21 AM
Defender sightings around Burbank, who are you? kellymoe Misc. Chit-Chat 4 April 3rd, 2004 02:25 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:21 PM.


Copyright