Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old June 21st, 2007, 12:51 PM
DJ Menasco
DJ Menasco
#500/500

Quote:
Originally Posted by portocar
Does anyone here, know if the D-90 will be returning to America?
My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw a 2008 Defender at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Quote:
If so, where can I get more information?
Try dialing 411. They should know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 21st, 2007, 01:46 PM
jordan0527
Jordan
97 D90 ST, 04 D2

Oh no, he's back! It's the thread that never dies!
Old June 21st, 2007, 02:05 PM
Trigger
Tony Fannin
'94 D-90 #491

The forum needs some sort of posting filter. If you have less than 50 posts you can't use the words 'Defender' 'return' or 'US' in a thread title.
Advertisement

Old June 21st, 2007, 02:48 PM
hamiamham
mike
97 D-90

spoke to my friend at PAG; zero chance between now and 2012. slim after that. if and when ford was to sell PAG then that might change
Old June 21st, 2007, 03:11 PM
Hans
Hans Haase
The D-90.com Lab Rat

Considering the major underhood and interior revamp they put into it for the UK market, none of which addresses the import issues bringing it to the USA, I'd also say it's at least 4-5 years out.

Bringing it to the US would require a major frame and body update to meet the new side impact, rollover and other impact standards. Lets not forget the new US diesel regulations, airbag differences from the EU, tire monitoring requirements and a few other things.

When LR talks about a new defender chassis and body, then we can start speculating.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My 100k stopped odometer fix

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Brace for impact, I'm in a "modifying mood". Massive thread count inbound.
Old June 21st, 2007, 04:05 PM
CaptMidnite
Daniel Choi
94 NAS Defender 90 ST

Don't forget..Congress is considering mandatory stability control in a few years. BTW how would the proposed increased fuel economy regulations affect an indepedent Land Rover?
Old June 21st, 2007, 07:37 PM
Ragland
Robert Ragland
1994 Defender 90

I tell you folks, the signs are so obvious, you'd think Ford would have to put out a press release.

If you play backwards the second song on Paul McCartney's new cd, it distinctly says "Heather Mills really was a prostitute and the Land Rover Defender returns to the US this Fall"

Nostradamus writes, "After absence and anxiety befalls those of the new land, a defender will return."

Bat Boy was spotted at Eastnor Castle.
Old June 22nd, 2007, 12:17 AM
Flagg
Flagg
1995 Defender 90 NAS

I think they will bring the D-90 and D-110 in to the US next time they do a frame and body update. 4-5 years. Who ever owns Land Rover would be foolish not to use that tactic to bring people into their dealerships.

Seems to me like even if it does come back, most of us like our old ones The new one will not be the same car..........

Besides - what do you think the price would be? I think most of us will keep tinkering with our 20-25k Defenders..........rather then laying out 45k for a D-90, or 60k for a D-110. I bet they will really charge a lot for these models............because of their limited numbers and appeal.

Flagg
Old June 22nd, 2007, 12:40 AM
waveridin1959
Brian Jones
1995 D-90 ST #2892

Registry
Does it matter if they did bring it back? You think everyone still driving old Toyota FJ's is ready to give it up for a FJ Cruiser?

“Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together… mass hysteria!”
Old June 22nd, 2007, 06:10 AM
97Ariesblu
kyle scheppler
1997/D-90 Station Wagon

true about the cruiser but I wonder if they would just keep the same model like the d-90 and 110's in the UK and send those.. those are sick .. has anyone ever purchased one of those and spec-ed it out to fit U.S. standards and regs and brought it over ?? is that possible..prolly if you have the big $$$ ..
i like the way those new ones over there look witht the hood scoop on the hood .. and the silver color with tinted out windows looks awesome on the LR UK site

havnt i seen this thread before?? do a search before you post new thread
Old June 22nd, 2007, 10:35 AM
Burke
Burke Bell
'94 NAS D90 #158

Registry
I was holding out hope for years that an updated and more civilized Defender would reach our shores. Do not get me wrong, I would never get rid of the '94, but it cannot keep up with my husbandly and fatherly duties now thirteen years after I bought it (it was the perfect college cruiser back then though) . I love driving a topless rugged "truck" though. That is why I finally jumped party lines and bought a '07 Wrangler four door. I drive around with my air bags, satalite radio, A/C, and child seat in the back imagining I am in the 90. Then on weekends, I break out the real thing and sneer at the guys in Jeeps
Old June 22nd, 2007, 10:44 AM
GYM
Gary
97 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Ariesblu
.. those are sick ..
For the benefit of those of us born before the Carter Administration..."sick" is a good thing, right?
Old June 22nd, 2007, 11:37 AM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke
That is why I finally jumped party lines and bought a '07 Wrangler four door. I drive around with my air bags, satalite radio, A/C, and child seat in the back imagining I am in the 90. Then on weekends, I break out the real thing and sneer at the guys in Jeeps
That's awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GYM
For the benefit of those of us born before the Carter Administration..."sick" is a good thing, right?
Urbandictionary.com

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sick
Old June 22nd, 2007, 10:31 PM
JFD
Julien Dalbin
05 Tdi 90

2010, according to LR UK magazines
Old June 22nd, 2007, 11:18 PM
97Ariesblu
kyle scheppler
1997/D-90 Station Wagon

sorry im reverting back to my teenage years by throwing around the word "sick" im just glad i didnt say dope .. haha
Old June 22nd, 2007, 11:29 PM
tkavan01
Trevor K
94 d90 #1304

Quote:
Originally Posted by waveridin1959
Does it matter if they did bring it back? You think everyone still driving old Toyota FJ's is ready to give it up for a FJ Cruiser?
i'd trade my fj40 for a new fj, if the person on the other end of the trade paid me 30k...
Old February 29th, 2008, 10:38 PM
Fenderbender
Mark Balenovic
1995/D90 hardtop

Like the dinosaurs, which are represented today by birds, the land-conquering vehicle like the Defender will be replaced by some mountain-bike frame mini powered by Mitsubishi and designed by Smart Car. No insults intended here, just an observation on the effect of dwindling resources and disappearing open country to drive in.
Old February 29th, 2008, 10:57 PM
huck1974
shane cates
94 d90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderbender
Like the dinosaurs, which are represented today by birds, the land-conquering vehicle like the Defender will be replaced by some mountain-bike frame mini powered by Mitsubishi and designed by Smart Car. No insults intended here, just an observation on the effect of dwindling resources and disappearing open country to drive in.
I feel dumb because I am actually replying to ask why you brought back crap with more crap. Therefore, I laid crap upon crap upon crap.
And I love you too
Old March 3rd, 2008, 12:33 AM
Ragland
Robert Ragland
1994 Defender 90

Unlike the dinosaurs, threads referencing the return of the Defender will never die out.
Old March 4th, 2008, 03:23 PM
97Ariesblu
kyle scheppler
1997/D-90 Station Wagon

stop this nonsense

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat