Defender Returns to North America Merged Threadfest - Page 21 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old April 5th, 2007, 10:32 AM
gtg067i
Christian Shea
1997 Defender 90 Wagon

Doubtful due to crash regulations from what I understand...but I did see this.... gives some hope for another 6 years

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsAr...fender/225037/
Advertisement

Old April 5th, 2007, 10:33 AM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

I just placed orders at work for '08 models and none were Defenders. Last I heard it might come back in '10 but I haven't heard anything about an '08 model...I highly doubt that they have done enough design and testing of a new model, without anyone knowing, for it to be here in '08.
Old April 5th, 2007, 10:52 AM
steve mez
Steve Mez
1995 NAS D90

ok this is what i heard last week and over the summer from two sources, one was the head land rover guy sales and director from Ireland and England, and the other was from a inside source from road and track, he old and part time now. but they both said that due to cost, emissions, and the DOT, the defender will most likely not make it to the USA ever again. but a range rover 2 door will be coming they say in 3 years. this is what land rover is got going for now...the defender they say does will for them and they dont want to try and go through all the issues to get the car in to the states, land rover is trying to be smart and careful with their future witch sucks... but hopefully the 2 door range rover will be cool but who know... illl keep talking to my guys and sources.
steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 5th, 2007, 10:57 AM
snosrfr
Chuck
95 D90

Aggghhhhhhh!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtg067i
Doubtful due to crash regulations from what I understand...but I did see this.... gives some hope for another 6 years

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsAr...fender/225037/

2013!!! by then everyone will be driving IT's. but i guess the good news for D90 owners is that their D's will be worth $80k...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IT.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	8902   Click image for larger version

Name:	wheel.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	8903  

Old April 5th, 2007, 11:25 AM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

No chance of the current Defenders being here in '08. The current design, costs to make them NAS compliant and a whole slew of other stuff just wont be making it a reality for us. The closest chance we have is the redesign in 2010 of whatever they turn the next generation into, but it wont be a Defender we have now.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old April 5th, 2007, 11:51 AM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Yeah. I for one hope they don't bring it back. If they redesign it to make it US compliant it won't be the same, it'll just be a cheaper (maybe) LR3. Plus, I don't think it will make economic sense b/c it probably won't appeal to any of us in it's new form and if it did, they couldn't sell enough to be worth the tooling and design. If the new one was anything like this one I don't think the market will be there. Part of why people like this one so much is that they are rare. If you could just go into the dealer and order one in the color you want they would loose a lot of their appeal. Lastly...I like the way the market is trending on our trucks currently!
Old April 5th, 2007, 12:18 PM
kiefffff
Keith Rider
1994 Portofino ST: #217

Registry
Why would you want a LR5 anyway.... keep em out of here.
Old April 5th, 2007, 06:52 PM
snuffer
Randy Black
'95 D 90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by snosrfr
i was chatting w/ a tech at flatirons rover last night and he said the defender is returning to the states in '08.

anyone have any info on this?
Chatting?

I just put in an order for a new '08 Pink Panther with a 50 cal., smoke tubes, and run flat tires. The 50 makes it a little bit of a hassle unless you order a semi auto. But even the semi is out of the question in California.
Old April 5th, 2007, 08:18 PM
snosrfr
Chuck
95 D90

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuffer
Chatting?

I just put in an order for a new '08 Pink Panther with a 50 cal., smoke tubes, and run flat tires. The 50 makes it a little bit of a hassle unless you order a semi auto. But even the semi is out of the question in California.

perfectly legal if you have it covered... and if they give you any grief just tell them, it's for SPARTAAAAA!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pink panther2.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	8904  
Old April 5th, 2007, 09:22 PM
Seanh
Sean Hanagan
94 D90 ST #910 Matilda

Isn't 08 the magic year? The 90/110( not Defender) was born in 83 and with the 25 year rule the ability to import a nice 90/110 with a 200 or 300TDI is just around the corner. F&^% a new Defender, we don't need it.
Old April 5th, 2007, 10:23 PM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

LR better bring something worth a damn or I'll be driving a 4 door Rubicon soon.

Yo Randy, I got your membership app. and I dig the comment you put in there, it was funny.
Old April 6th, 2007, 01:55 AM
jordan0527
Jordan
97 D90 ST, 04 D2

And there it is, ladies and gentlemen! Another "NAS Defender Returning" thread. I was wondering when I would see one of these again. Even a little surprised that the ECR guys haven't weighed in already. I guess they gave up on this one-- it's the thread that never dies!
Old April 6th, 2007, 07:46 AM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan0527
Even a little surprised that the ECR guys haven't weighed in already. I guess they gave up on this one-- it's the thread that never dies!
Let'm day dream if they want...

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Old April 6th, 2007, 10:02 AM
Rod Hayward
Rod Hayward
95 D90 Green #2288

Quote:
Originally Posted by snosrfr
i was chatting w/ a tech at flatirons rover last night and he said the defender is returning to the states in '08.

anyone have any info on this?
Heck, Chuck, I have a brand spankin' new '08 NAS defender sitting in my driveway right now. You gotta love that new car smell.

(keep it under your hat though, a lot of guys don't know that they are already here!)

Follow-up Post:

I went with the Zambezi silver ST. They're doing a SW too, but I'm a rag top man. I like how they come stock with lockers front and rear, too. Good idea. And the new turbo diesel ROCKS!! Who would think you could have that much power and still get 35 mpg? I'm having so many panties thrown at me now I leave the wipers on all the time.

Follow-up Post:

I was going to go with the new D-100 LE (it comes on portals) but $35,000? Do they think I'm nuts?!?!
Old April 7th, 2007, 10:07 AM
snuffer
Randy Black
'95 D 90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanh
Isn't 08 the magic year? The 90/110( not Defender) was born in 83 and with the 25 year rule the ability to import a nice 90/110 with a 200 or 300TDI is just around the corner. F&^% a new Defender, we don't need it.

Seems like all of the old and even some of the newer Defenders you see in the Brithish LR magazines are ate up with rust.

Yousef, shame on you for saying Ru***on. Besides they don't even make it in Coniston Green.
Old April 10th, 2007, 10:45 AM
paulb
Paul / Boultbee
1994 D-90, Green #1576

Whoa there trigger, the defender IS BACK! - I just ordered the Conneticut Green D100. The guy sent me a email and of course I jumped at it. It will be delivered in about 4 months and has a whole bunch of extras all housed arround the 6 liter TDI; including MP3 playa, chrome winch, gold digga wench, spinnas (removable for dirt), French leather seating (which I upgraded to 100% US made leatherette), and hydrolic side step downs. If you want one, just email Benjiman at www.newcars.nigeria.com/deals. Send him a bank draft and your SS #. At $55k I am getting a new truck that will be just as good as any NAS 110 on the road today! HAHA.
Old June 21st, 2007, 11:54 AM
portocar
nestor portocarrero
none

2008 Defender returns to US market

So many rumors and speculations...At one point it seemed like a high probability, now Ford is planning on selling Land Rover. This deal could change everything.

Does anyone here, know if the D-90 will be returning to America?

If so, where can I get more information?
Old June 21st, 2007, 12:09 PM
Grover
Mike
Birmabright Bread Box/Swagger Wagon

Registry
Cool The Defender Strikes Back?

I was at the the LR dealership yesterday and they stated that it "may" return, but "if" it does, it will be totally different than the Defender that we all know and love.

Cheers...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old June 21st, 2007, 12:21 PM
97Ariesblu
kyle scheppler
1997/D-90 Station Wagon

good if it does come back to the u.s. i would want it to be different so i wouldnt have to get a brand new one
if they sent em over as they are now in the UK that would be sick but other than that forget about it!
Old June 21st, 2007, 12:26 PM
dmarchand
David Marchand
'97 D90 SW Arles

Registry
Don't waste your time. If it is to come in '08, we would be seeing spy photos and hearing preliminary press leaks about it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat