Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old October 18th, 2004, 04:54 PM
rustydefender
Russell Newton
97 D-90 sw

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Menasco
CVC

Are those "Defenders" photoshopped? The lamps above the windscreen don't appear to be in the same plane of view and the reflections are precisly the same on the D90 and Bronc? Just curious.

DJ
Looks like they are the spare tire doesn't match the rest that's kinda weird.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 19th, 2004, 12:45 PM
dchapman
Daniel Chapman
1999 D1

I kinnda dig the look in the pics Chris posted. I'm not sure about the LR3 platform or the approch angles, but te overall look could be much worse.
Old November 26th, 2004, 06:53 PM
treydub
Trey W
2001 4.6 HSE

2007-2008 Defender & 1990's 90 price effects?

Hey, what do y'all think will happen to the price of 90's Defender's once the new one arrives? What are y'alls opinions on what you have seen so far of the new one? Are they going to offer colors like arles blue & conni green, anyone? Anyone want to speculate on the new defenders initial msrp?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 26th, 2004, 08:12 PM
ronward
Redsrover
None - sadly

Mine will increase in value, no doubt about it.
Old November 26th, 2004, 08:13 PM
Hans
Hans Haase
The D-90.com Lab Rat

It all depends on what the new defenders are. If they are fully independant suspension, unibody, grocery wagons..... the value of our '90's defenders might actually go UP. (that is of course, pending the condition of the truck. )

If they are hard-core trucks worthy of the name they are given, the value of our trucks will probably go down... but I don't see them going down THAT much. Just look at the price of Series IIIs

-Hans

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My 100k stopped odometer fix

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Brace for impact, I'm in a "modifying mood". Massive thread count inbound.
Old November 26th, 2004, 09:30 PM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I don't think it will effect the price. By the time we see a new one it will be so different from an NAS truckyou won't be able to compare the two.
Old November 26th, 2004, 11:04 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

All I know is the thing we REALLY need is to talk about this again, because it has never been covered.

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Old November 27th, 2004, 01:10 PM
treydub
Trey W
2001 4.6 HSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckon37s
All I know is the thing we REALLY need is to talk about this again, because it has never been covered.
I'm sorry my thread "annoys" you, I am new to the board. Just go reply to someone else's thread if you don't like it.
Old November 28th, 2004, 08:56 PM
dmarchand
David Marchand
'97 D90 SW Arles

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by treydub
I'm sorry my thread "annoys" you, I am new to the board. Just go reply to someone else's thread if you don't like it.

Well, Dave is right. This thing has been talked to death on this board. It would do well to search.

Inevitably, your not going to get much, if any reaction from this board until the ACTUAL defender returns to our shores in the flesh. Otherwise, it's all conjecture.

Old December 16th, 2004, 06:27 PM
ignignokt
John Davis

well...

Im not sure what to think cause the concept drawings look so bad..but as long as they have soft tops and a full roll cage, im game..other wise, im going to get a 97 and call it a day...
Old February 7th, 2005, 05:55 AM
D110XD
Michael-P. Richter
110 HT XD 1997

Defender 2008

Posted in german www.off-road-forum.de:

It appears the rumors are true: The legendary Land Rover Defender will be re-introduced to the North American market in 2007 (as a 2008 model).

How different will it be? For starters, it will have the requisite air bags - a major cause for it being pulled back in 1997. It will have to be easier to assemble - the previous style was largely built by hand. And it will have a newer, more modern body design on a steel frame.

More good news: Short-wheelbase, long-wheelbase, and soft-top versions are in the works, although it is still unclear how many of these versions might be bound for North America.

The downside? No V-8's are projected. Gasoline engines will come from Ford: a direct-injection four with variable timing, a 3.0-liter Duratec V-6, and for the U.S. only, a 3.8-liter V-6. Peugeot will supply a 2.7-liter turbodiesel V-6 for Europe (though the in-the-know Rover enthusiast crowd here in the States has already started the grumbling about no TDi diesel - so perhaps their jawwing will not fall on deaf ears.

Land Rover's managing director, Matthew Taylor said, "The Defender is important. It is one of the few genuine auto icons. Our challenge now is to see how we can successfully take it forward and make it a 21st Century icon"

As far as being easier to assemble, Land Rover is moving to simplify it platforms from four to two. (60 percent of the new Discovery, for instance, is constructed by automation and it's rumored that Ford wants the same level of assembly automation in use for the new Defender.) As such, Automotive News reports that the next Defender will use Land Rover's new T5 platform architecture, the same body-on-chassis platform used for the new Discovery 3 / LR3 and upcoming Range Stormer or Range Rover Sport (the newest mini-Range Rover slated for upcoming release.)

Land Rover sells about 27,000 Defenders a year to the rest of the world. It's high time it set its sights on North America again, where the mighty Defender's legendary off-road prowess will be put to good use.

I hope, it will stay a Offroader and not become a SUV...

Michael
Attached Images

Old February 7th, 2005, 09:02 AM
JBurt
Jesse McCoy
'89 RRC SWB (needs work)

I've got this awful suspicion it will look like a 2 door Montero.
Old February 7th, 2005, 09:41 AM
norros
Nicholas Orros
1995 NAS D90 SW

Excellent post... but... we've been hearing the same thing since...

In any case, we'll all see.

On a more 'reality' based note... we 'Americans' will be able to import some Defender's legally in 2008. I'm really thinking of doing that when the time comes.

Does anyone know what year they starting producing the Defender Pickup ? That's starting to look real tempting.

Nicholas Orros

Old February 7th, 2005, 10:07 AM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
A high cap 110 will def be my next Defender, I am not sure when they started those but it seems there has always been a "pickup" of some description throughout the Land Rover Series/Defender lifespan
Old February 7th, 2005, 10:29 AM
norros
Nicholas Orros
1995 NAS D90 SW

High cap sounds killer.

I'm thinking of something a little smaller, kind of like this one (see pic)... without the RR wheels though.
I don't know what model this is... Did they just call it 'pickup' ? Anyone eh ?

N
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pickup.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	2458  

Old February 7th, 2005, 10:33 AM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
I think thats the high cap??

Follow-up Post:

http://rebornco.com/Landrovers/2004d...pu/04d110d.jpg

http://rebornco.com/defender110/d1103.jpg

My favorites
Old February 7th, 2005, 10:34 AM
souza
Dave Souza
1995 Defender 90 SW #275

FYI, that article is also on Atlantic British's website:

http://www.roverparts.com/Vehicle_Re...nder_2007.html

and similar info and the same pictures are on MotorTrend's site:

http://motortrend.com/future/spied/1...pad_landrover/

I look forward to seeing and hearing more about these new designs.
Old February 7th, 2005, 10:40 AM
norros
Nicholas Orros
1995 NAS D90 SW

Yeah, those articles and countless others... SS/DD.

---

In any case, Rover4x4 (what is your name ??), YES! that first pic is the one I want, and it's got the NAS style wheels as well (tornado/freestyle...whatever their name is). I don't like the external cage thing on it, but that's it. One day, I'm going to import one...
I'll have to do some research in a bit, or maybe someone can chime in who is fully 'versed' on the 'pickup'.

Cool Beanz.

Nicholas

Old February 7th, 2005, 10:42 AM
dchapman
Daniel Chapman
1999 D1

It's twin http://automobiles.honda.com/new_mod...line_specs.asp

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by norros
Yeah, those articles and countless others... SS/DD.

---

In any case, Rover4x4 (what is your name ??), YES! that first pic is the one I want, and it's got the NAS style wheels as well (tornado/freestyle...whatever their name is). I don't like the external cage thing on it, but that's it. One day, I'm going to import one...
I'll have to do some research in a bit, or maybe someone can chime in who is fully 'versed' on the 'pickup'.

Cool Beanz.

Nicholas

I saw one for sale not long ago. It was green. May have been on LRX????? I'm thinking it was located in MA.
Old February 7th, 2005, 10:47 AM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
I am not sure how people are able to get those trucks over here. I think there are also some CKD's making thier way over. Anyways not trying to make this another how to get who has the hook up thread, only three more years till they are 'legal"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat