Defender request for VA/DC/MD Defender owners - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old May 28th, 2010, 07:59 AM
o2batsea
Bill Adams
66 109 sw 94 lwb

Registry
If you want him to buy Janey, definitely make him drive the Series truck first. Clutch and wings be damned.

Oh and be sure to throw some water in his face while he's driving to simulate what it's like to be in it in the rain.

1966 109 5 door wagon 300Tdi "spermaceti fueled"
1994 RRC LeWiB "ruining the air behind me"
1968 2A 88

All my troubles are Rover
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 28th, 2010, 08:20 AM
rovertrader
Dale
Tithonus 110, D-90, 109 S/T 5-door

at least he is being smart and proactive PRIOR to purchase. I had wanted a Rover since the early 70's when they stopped importing. Couldn't justify a 110 when they came Sateside- cost and size for a single guy, but then in Dec '93 the first load of 90s came in- right next to the Porsche dealer I frequented, same owner. I called, asked colors, agreed to take the yellow one- picked it up being 6'-3" and found a truck with no top, less comfortable than the 911 (SCCA and club car) and almost as ancient in fit, finish, and ergonomics- perfect!! Be warned, after visitting any of the virally infected Rover guys in this thread, your proactive sensible side is forever gone!! Which color do you like?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old May 28th, 2010, 08:23 AM
jefhuf
Jeff Huff
'94 D90 ST #655
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
$20 says if you pull it out of the garage you'll have a letter from the HOA inside of an hour!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 28th, 2010, 08:25 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rovertrader View Post
Be warned, after visitting any of the virally infected Rover guys in this thread, your proactive sensible side is forever gone!! Which color do you like?
You read my mind!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Old May 28th, 2010, 09:09 AM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC

Registry
Come on Guys, it is like when we were single, saw this Gorgeous Woman, knew from the get go it was going to be a expensive "RIDE " but you said to yourself " I have to ride this , is way to good looking to let it go ", knowing while been sooo bad for you ..felt sooo good *LMAO*
Old May 28th, 2010, 09:34 AM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugbier View Post
....saw this Gorgeous Woman, ....said to yourself " I have to ride this , is way to good looking to let it go "
Guilty. Haha!

Gustavo, why are you selling Shrek?

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag that allows the protester to burn the flag"
Old May 28th, 2010, 10:21 AM
sonoronos
Ed
None

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rovertrader View Post
...less comfortable than the 911 (SCCA and club car) and almost as ancient in fit, finish, and ergonomics- perfect!! Be warned, after visitting any of the virally infected Rover guys in this thread, your proactive sensible side is forever gone!! Which color do you like?
A pretty accurate description above of what my imagined Defender experience would be.

I would paint my Defender metallic silver, so whatever the "current" color is is irrelevant
Old May 28th, 2010, 11:40 AM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

Crack is cheaper and less addictive than the Rover habit. And like Jay's Potato chips, you can't have just one!

Old May 28th, 2010, 12:15 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC

Registry
Forrest, looks to be the case ( I will not be able to drive stick for at least 1 year ) as I don't want to park it without been used .

So I might either get something AUTO, build one, steal one.. not clue yet

The Bat it is almost sold as well ( Dealer got an offer I might accept )

P.S. Thanks to all the samritans who have offered to drive Shrek for a year while I heal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDSUX View Post
Guilty. Haha!

Gustavo, why are you selling Shrek?
Old June 2nd, 2010, 08:35 AM
hillstrubl
Danny
2005 Disco 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardner View Post
seems like there are several in that area which you potentially could check out. I just imported an '84 that is mostly '96 parts, including a 300Tdi and I love it. I'd recommend you email Doug at Dividing Creek for import advice- he's Maryland110 on this forum.

While there are tons of parts available for these vehicles, keep in mind that the majority are in the UK and you will need to consider shipping which can be ridiculously expensive on larger items. In retrospect, I kinda wish I'd had a few items installed prior to bringing it over as it wouldn't have added any cost to shipping the vehicle. Full external roll cage and forward facing lock and fold seats from Exmoor being the top of that list. Shipping alone on those would exceed the cost of shipping the entire vehicle.

Best of luck to you, and welcome to the forum.

-Gardner
x2, I have the same thing, love it
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalpin View Post
Welcome to the forums - you have come to the right place.

There are several between you and DC, not sure if any with a 2.5NA diesel. Jonathan (WolfFab) is near you in Dale City and he has a 200tdi 110. I'm in South Riding/Chantilly with 3.9 V8 NAS D90 and a 3.5 V8 ROW 110. Dave (Ren Ching) is in DC with a 200 tdi ROW D90.

I think Danny Finnegan might have a 2.5 NA diesel ROW D90 and I think he's in DC too.
He does!
I'm around if you ever want to see mine. PM me (sorry just seeing this thread)
Old June 6th, 2010, 03:09 PM
sonoronos
Ed
None

Registry
Big Thanks to Charles and Jeff

I met up with Charles and Jeff at Charles's place on Friday night. They showed me their NAS D90's (as well as Janey and a series II) and I got to ride in all but the Series. Thanks to Charles for his hospitality and Jeff for driving out to join us. Thanks also for the Sam Adams, Jeff. Thanks also for all the Defender info provided. You both have some awesome trucks and I hope to join in the fun soon.
Old June 6th, 2010, 04:08 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Good meeting you JGP (or whatever you want to be called here, LOL).

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat