Defender Market - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old February 6th, 2010, 10:49 AM
Matt Murphy
Defender Market

I am trying to prepare for my Defender purchase that I will make within the next few years. I am looking for something that is is good shape and either a 94-95 ST. I will not use it for off-road use at all. Strictly pavement. Why you ask? Because I like just the standard stock look of the defender, very rugged and masculine. I really would like to know what types of things I can expect as an owner. I know what to expect as far as rust, oil line change, etc when buying one. But what is the maintanence REALLY like. I have asked a few people but no real direct answers. Also, are most of you paying cash for these or are you financing. Originally I planned on buying a boat. I was planning on spending around $25k. However, I have recently moved back to where my family's lake house is and I have access to our boat. so there is no need for me to purchase one. So, I am looking at a Defender. Any suggestions or tips?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat