Defender is not hard to work on - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old March 16th, 2007, 07:41 PM
huck1974
shane cates
94 d90

Defender is not hard to work on

Everyone got me scared that I have talked to. The front diff pinion seal was bad for some time now. I don't know why anyone would continue to drive their vehichle while it leaks, it looks like its been leaking for a long time. The rear output shaft seal on the transfer was leaking on the trans brake. Both fixes only took about two hours with beer breaks. I am a leak free Defender owner. Lift, wheels, 35s go on wednesday. Will work on axle swap after next week. For those of you that have removed the back seat like me, I will have a nice steel tool box done soon that goes from wheel well to well. I will save the template. It is going to be nice to carry some tools, winch stuff, spare axles, lock up the stuff at the shopping center, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 10th, 2007, 06:53 PM
Saito
Dale

Got the template done yet?

Like you, I hate leaky vehicles. Will be pulling the tcase next week to reseal that and I should be leak free then.

Dale
Old May 10th, 2007, 10:37 PM
Hans
Hans Haase
The D-90.com Lab Rat

In a number of areas, I've found Defenders much easier to work on than US made 4x4's. Generally, if something is tough to work on in a D-90, it's tough to work on with any car. For instance, the front brake rotors. In almost all GM/Ford/Jeep with a Dana front axle, the rotors need to be put on a hydraulic press to separate them from the hubs. On a D-90, a 12pt socket and breaker bar is all you need.

-Hans

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My 100k stopped odometer fix

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Brace for impact, I'm in a "modifying mood". Massive thread count inbound.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 10th, 2007, 11:12 PM
huck1974
shane cates
94 d90

your responses have helped alot hans. I'm burned out on the factory power plant though. got a vortec in the garage, but I can't get over the deisel swap. head gasket is trashed right not. runs fine if you dont stop at taco bell drive through for too long.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat