Defender 130 rollcage - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old October 8th, 2014, 08:32 AM
the rover shop
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130

Defender 130 rollcage

Looking to put an external rollcage on a 130.. Just looking to do over the quadcab first of all so I can organize a roof rack for the tent..I've looked at safety devices but they are on a long order time.. I know some of you guys have used other companies but how have they been.. Looking for the style with the internal hoop behind the front seat, not worried about having to drill through the body so that's good.. Will add on the rear section over the rear box at a later date..hers a pic of the truck it's going on..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	104509  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 8th, 2014, 08:33 AM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Look at SD...

I like the one LR LV has
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	img_0048.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	104510  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old October 8th, 2014, 08:34 AM
the rover shop
shayne young

Apparently I'm a cheapster and I'm looking for a better price...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 8th, 2014, 08:36 AM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by the rover shop View Post
Apparently I'm a cheapster and I'm looking for a better price...
You and me both...

Contact Brewie

Old October 8th, 2014, 08:56 AM
the rover shop
shayne young

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dro View Post
Look at SD...

I like the one LR LV has
And yes... That's the one I'm looking for.. I also want to tie in the front bar to the rock sliders (that I now have to order..bitch) following the top line of the fender... I bought a 12000 lb pipe bender and a steel chopsaw and electric hacksaw so I think I will be making those, but I have some ideas on those..
Old October 8th, 2014, 02:51 PM
mongosd2
Frank Rafka
01 D2 96 D1 83 110

A pipe bender is the wrong tool for the job…it will kinkk the tube and not give a smooth bend. The die's are cut for the ID (inside diameter) of pipe. Tube is based on the OD (outside diameter) and does not sit correctly in the pipe die. You can get a JD Squared Model 3 tube bender with the proper die for about $500.00.
Old October 8th, 2014, 03:14 PM
rovertrader
Dale
Tithonus 110, D-90, 109 S/T 5-door

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dro View Post
Look at SD...

I like the one LR LV has
Love seeing pics of my old girl- miss her ;-(

Old October 8th, 2014, 03:28 PM
the rover shop
shayne young

Don't we all love seeing pics of our exes... Even if they are of the bigger boned variety...lol..

------ Follow up post added October 8th, 2014 03:31 PM ------

The pipe bender I have is supposed to be for roll cages.. Any of the bends I will be doing are probably going to be smaller bends from straight..I.e..larger radius bends.. Naturally I will be trying it out before I commit whole hog..
Old October 8th, 2014, 06:24 PM
mongosd2
Frank Rafka
01 D2 96 D1 83 110

No "pipe" bender or pipe should be used to build a roll cage, harbor freight claims you can bend shit to make a cage with thiers, but HREW is not strong enough for use in any cage and you will break the pos trying to bend .120 wall DOM with it. You should be using DOM tube and "tube" bender....if you really want to see the difference, take and bend a piece of "pipe", take a big f'in sledge and smack the radius, it will mostly likely separate at the weld if it's HREW and pipe will crack. DOM will dent. Good luck, hopefully you won't find out the hard way after going cheap and using pipe when it folds up like a lawn chair after a minor hit...
Old October 8th, 2014, 06:51 PM
the rover shop
shayne young

Thank you Jeff.. I think this is exactly what is happening..this ain't my first rodeo..
Old October 8th, 2014, 07:07 PM
mongosd2
Frank Rafka
01 D2 96 D1 83 110

Quote:
Thank you Jeff.. I think this is exactly what is happening..this ain't my first rodeo..
Whatever....the term 12000lbs pipe bender says it all...gotta love you guys who think they know it all and actually have no clue about building safe roll cage parts...doesn't matter if there is a language barrier, this is a knowledge barrier...

And you can't bend tube with a pipe bender and not have it kink...
Old October 8th, 2014, 08:02 PM
the rover shop
shayne young

One word to say.. Wanker..!!
Old October 8th, 2014, 08:15 PM
mongosd2
Frank Rafka
01 D2 96 D1 83 110

Quote:
One word to say.. Wanker..!!
yeah, whatever…I can safely say that as a vendor and shop owner, you need to learn the terminology and just because you've driven a in a Camel Trophy doesn't make you a qualified engineer, designer or fabricator. There is a knowledge base and skill level that goes beyond bolting other companies crap onto trucks and so far, you've fallen into the typical and common traps that grade school kids and amateurs fall into. You can defend it by a "language barrier" but it obviously goes beyond that. Arrogance is the first thing you throw out the door when it comes to building, bending and welding quality parts.

What you planning on using to fabricate parts for your 130 have the potential to harm you and I could really careless when that poop pipe cage folds like a lawn chair…

So as we say in part's of 'merica…Fuck off
Old October 8th, 2014, 08:35 PM
the rover shop
shayne young

Really not sure just who the fuck you think you are, with your holier than thou...I know everything and nobody else knows anything attitude..I can almost guarantee I have more qualifications and certifications than you could ever aspire to have... And more time "on tools" than you can imagine.. Certified in more countries than you could ever dream of dragging your redneck ass to.. But, I must digress..peasants like yourselves are not worthy of my time and I refuse to be lowered to you subterranean level..one thing is funny though, in Australia and a lot of other parts of the world, we have sort of the same saying...fuck off poof..but you'll just have to take my word for that..now please go fornicate with thou self..oh, and have a nice day..
Old October 8th, 2014, 08:38 PM
madcowdungbeetle
Carter
1994 D90 on 37s supreme balla style

Registry
Quote:
Well then you might wanna put a legit tubing notcher on that list
Old October 8th, 2014, 08:43 PM
the rover shop
shayne young

Hahaha... Your shit looks so professional..lol..this is what mongo does...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	104561  
Old October 8th, 2014, 08:47 PM
mongosd2
Frank Rafka
01 D2 96 D1 83 110

Quote:
Really not sure just who the fuck you think you are, with your holier than thou...I know everything and nobody else knows anything attitude..I can almost guarantee I have more qualifications and certifications than you could ever aspire to have... And more time "on tools" than you can imagine.. Certified in more countries than you could ever dream of dragging your redneck ass to.. But, I must digress..peasants like yourselves are not worthy of my time and I refuse to be lowered to you subterranean level..one thing is funny though, in Australia and a lot of other parts of the world, we have sort of the same saying...fuck off poof..but you'll just have to take my word for that..now please go fornicate with thou self..oh, and have a nice day..
This really goes to show your true character…All I pointed out is the fact that your using the wrong tool for the job and fabrication and tube bending is not a area where you have any experience…

Just because someone is not from "Camel Trophy" fame doesn't mean they are less qualified. How many mountains have you climbed fuckstick? I've summited both McKinley and Aconcuaga, but that has absolutely nothing to do with the ability to run a company that built and installed roll cages or engineer and build them.

Our cages were designed by mechanical engineers and welded by certified welders. Which you are neither…get the fuck off your horse, drop the ego and maybe listen to someone who was just offering some help

But wait, your a Camel Trophy guy so you know everything…and fuck off asshole
Old October 8th, 2014, 08:48 PM
the rover shop
shayne young

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcowdungbeetle View Post
Well then you might wanna put a legit tubing notcher on that list
Yeah, all I was really talking about making before someone jumped all over my shit was the body protection tubing that runs from the front brush bar to the rock sliders.. And for those I will probably be using the notched joiners or even the clamp style so that they can be removed.. Besides, I don't actually want them to be too rigid or in the event of an impact the forces can be transmitted through the bulkhead or frame and do more damage than the parts what I was trying to protect..rather bend a fender than twist a bulkhead or frame..) these would only really be to stop trees etc denting the exterior..
Old October 8th, 2014, 08:50 PM
mongosd2
Frank Rafka
01 D2 96 D1 83 110

Quote:
Hahaha... Your shit looks so professional..lol..this is what mongo does...
yep, paid more for that "TUBE BENDER" than the pos "PIPE BENDER" you bought asshat…

Please. show ONE thing you've built? Come on, someone with your vast experience has to have volumes of photo's of the thing you've "BUILT"…
Old October 8th, 2014, 08:52 PM
the rover shop
shayne young

And just to clarify... I only collect camel stuff...never said I was a driver... And WTF has mountain climbing for to do with roll cages..I screwed a fat chick once..

------ Follow up post added October 8th, 2014 08:53 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongosd2 View Post
yep, paid more for that "TUBE BENDER" than the pos "PIPE BENDER" you bought asshat…

Please. show ONE thing you've built? Come on, someone with your vast experience has to have volumes of photo's of the thing you've "BUILT"…
Yeah.. You caught me out..I shall disappear into the vast yonder with my tail between my legs..

------ Follow up post added October 8th, 2014 08:55 PM ------

Besides.. A man who can bend pipe or tubing with his bare hands scares me...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
130, cage, defender