Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 8th, 2014, 01:52 PM
ArmyRover
Bill Ski
83 110 "Frankenstein"

Quote:
Originally Posted by leastonce View Post

That being said the brakes won't lockup in the dry and in the wet you should drive more carefully and leave bigger distances.
You need to have your brakes checked I can lock mine up

Unknown Author

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
716-898-8153
Old July 8th, 2014, 01:57 PM
tjfslaughter
thomas
Burbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
I believe so. And then a Bill Cox truck?

For 70 grand you should get a matching spare!

Old July 8th, 2014, 02:09 PM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
for $70K you would also think you get A/C!!!!! in a BLACK TRUCK!!!
Old July 8th, 2014, 03:05 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
I didn't see what diesel it has, so I'm assuming it's an NA with a Bill Cox turbo upgrade.

ISIL and al qaeda can go F*ck themselves...
Old July 8th, 2014, 04:48 PM
TELOS
Nate
LHD 110 SW - 300Tdi

Wow, I would never have made that kind of connection... Never heard of him until the shared thread above.
Old July 9th, 2014, 10:48 PM
Talleyrand
John
1998 Defender 110 CSW 300Tdi

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlander View Post
Every time I see a Prius, Camry or Honda on the road, I feel sorry for them in an accident. When I'm in them, I feel unsafe. It's all about perspective. I was in numerous accidents over the years in my old CJ. I have a heavy bumper on the front and rear. For some reason, little imports were attracted to it like magnets. I seemed to be rear ended by them every other month. I had a pintle hook mounted to my HD rear bumper. Every time I was rear ended, it was obvious the car rear ended me had folded up like origami impacting the pintle before the bumpers even touched; kinda like putting a bend in a beer can with your thumb before crushing it with you hand. I even had a head on in my CJ, again, with a little import piece o' crap. Not even a scratch but I was picking out colored turn signal plastic for days out of my winch fairlead. I feel 100x more safe in my NAS 110 than in a CJ7. I have crumple zones in my Defender. They just happen to be conveniently installed in the other cars I'm gonna hit or will hit me. Crumple on I say. Long live old iron...
^^^^ This Frankly, if you are going to be hit by someone, T-boned or whatever, odds are they are going to be in a vehicle whose frame is lower than your D's. So their crumple zones hit your solid frame, beneath where you are sitting. That is what is behind the UK crash stats (sorry no link but I seem to recall reading it in LRM) for Defenders I believe. And if you are hit by something bigger, well God help you but it probably would not matter what you were driving by that point. Get seated higher up than 90% of what is around you, and that has its own benefit. I must say I find the talk about D's being a side impact death trap a bit, er, overheated. :-) (sorry, Jason!) My other car is a Lotus. In the rare moments when it is not broke and I can actually drive it around NYC, I feel very, very nervous about how low down I am relative to other vehicles. But, like with the D, you just learn to deal with that element of risk. Life is too short to drive "safe" cars. :-)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat