Old October 24th, 2011, 11:33 AM
broadstone
Chris
'84 CSW 90 '74 NADA III '97 CSW 110

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon View Post
So many experts speaking out of envy.

@broadstone: you are so wrong, unless you are the one swapping the vin tag, you have committed no crime

I post on here and others for fun and do not understand the anger. Well I did say "I was under the impression" I did not state that was a fact so I may be wrong? And apologise if I am. But this does bode well for my new business venture I started out in a little village called "Somewhere" U.K. (possibly your towns namesake) in county "one of them". I have employed an ex-circus monkey named "anymonkey primate" who for a small fee will swap the vin plate and run the rivot gun. This process will of course be documented on video to ensure he is prosecuted and nobody else. A great moneymaker as it only costs me cigaretts and banannas to employ him. It is costly to the customer, but then again isn't piece of mind priceless??
Advertisement

Old October 24th, 2011, 02:12 PM
jon
Jon
2011 Defender 110

@Wolf Fabrication: there is nothing random about me. I am located somewhere in USA. It is not that I own a Series titled D110.

@broadstone: you are a good example of the future of our nation, when lack of knowledge succumb to ignorance and stupidity
Old October 24th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon
@Wolf Fabrication: there is nothing random about me. I am located somewhere in USA. It is not that I own a Series titled D110.

@broadstone: you are a good example of the future of our nation, when lack of knowledge succumb to ignorance and stupidity
So you joined the D-90 forum today, and chose this thread to introduce yourself? Just thought it seemed a bit fishy. Please continue.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 24th, 2011, 03:56 PM
kevkon
kevin
1994 D90 300tdi #730, SIII 88

Hey, look at the bright side. Everytime some knucklehead with too much money buys one of these trucks and gets caught the value of our legal NAS trucks goes up. And you can't beat the free entertainment!

PS; PumaDefender, I would seriously suggest opening the hoods on those 200 vehicles and taking a close look. You never know.
Old October 24th, 2011, 05:34 PM
pumadefender
Daniel
D110

This stuff is hilarious. It's a stupid car. No I don't do any servicing myself I have people for that, just like I have people to file lawsuits and do my taxes. The fact of the matter is that this is completely amusing to me and having 200 cars isn't the measure of wealth by any means. I just find it funny that some people here @magamatt and a few other jokers will spend their entire day lecturing about a car they dont own, cant afford and likely have never sat in. @jon just sounds like a dbag and the wine comment deserves a case of Nappa's finest sent directly to them. I literally laughed my ass off. Next, @globallandrovers, is a totally good guy trying to make a living and I had sent him all the information I had on the truck so his comments about the 110 were only based on my good name the info he was sent. He isn't at fault. Finally, @ECR makes the best trucks in the market and if @jon or @megamatt could afford them they would be out driving them instead of spending all of their time bullshitting on here.

------ Follow up post added October 24th, 2011 04:36 PM ------

KevKon,
The cars are in a building back east. My family has been collecting for years. Pretty sure we are safe there. I am the only dumbass in my family interested in rusted out old shitboxes that drive like crap and have the luxury of a turkish prison.
Old October 24th, 2011, 05:46 PM
o2batsea
Bill Adams
66 109 sw 94 lwb

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumadefender
I am the only dumbass in my family interested in rusted out old shitboxes that drive like crap and have the luxury of a turkish prison.
Well, you definitely want a 2A then. If you get one with the old 2.25L diesel you can enjoy the sensation of having a steel pail over your head with a flock of woodpeckers hammering away at it as you drive.
Plus, it takes three times longer to get anywhere in one.

1966 109 5 door wagon 300Tdi "spermaceti fueled"
1994 RRC LeWiB "ruining the air behind me"
1968 2A 88

All my troubles are Rover
Old October 24th, 2011, 08:00 PM
megamatt
Matt Kudlow
95 White

Puma,

You're incredible, for a guy as busy as you claim to be, you sure have the time to keep coming back here for no reason other than what appears to be abuse. It’s nice you have a family with money that has a big car collection. It will come in handy when your attempt at a marketing career doesn’t work out.

I still call bullshit on the family car collection. I saw your flickr account. One repainted 964 and a fake GT350 doesn’t make a collection. Next time keep it all private. Such a young fool.

You love to make comments claiming to know what trucks people have been in when you honestly have no clue. I understand it's a defense mechanism for getting your ass handed to you here but maybe you should keep your mouth shut. Maybe I just created this ID because I hate the bullshit perpetuated from people like you or maybe I have a fleet of defenders.

Mike,

No shit my truck isn’t #3004. If ECR goes under maybe you can open up your own private investigator firm and change your screen name to Sherlock Holmes.
Old October 24th, 2011, 09:34 PM
DBZ2009
Z
ex-1994 D90/ 2 j**ps

It is threads like this that keep me coming back here. This place is way more entertaining than any Jeep forum.

Thanks D-90 Source!
Old October 24th, 2011, 10:05 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon View Post
@broadstone: you are so wrong, unless you are the one swapping the vin tag, you have committed no crime
you are completely wrong on this point

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old October 24th, 2011, 10:14 PM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by megamatt View Post
No shit my truck isn’t #3004. If ECR goes under maybe you can open up your own private investigator firm and change your screen name to Sherlock Holmes.
Correct. You said it was #3006 (after you claimed to own Don's 90)

Quote:
Originally Posted by megamatt View Post
Sorry, that was a typo. I meant 3006.
http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...119#post302119

http://www.carfax.com/viewEmailRepor...3D&language=en

No smiley needed (but I'm laughing my ass off so I'll put some in anyway). You are so deep into telling lies you don't even know where you left off.

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Old October 25th, 2011, 08:09 AM
kjva
Ken Jackson
1985 110 Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by o2batsea View Post
Well, you definitely want a 2A then. If you get one with the old 2.25L diesel you can enjoy the sensation of having a steel pail over your head with a flock of woodpeckers hammering away at it as you drive.
Plus, it takes three times longer to get anywhere in one.
You did omit the fact that if it is below freezing the squirrel cage heater is one of the most useless devices ever made. One 2A owner I knew used to stick the hose up the leg of his jeans.
Old October 25th, 2011, 08:31 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjva View Post
You did omit the fact that if it is below freezing the squirrel cage heater is one of the most useless devices ever made. One 2A owner I knew used to stick the hose up the leg of his jeans.
Oh, that is priceless! That's signature line material right there.

Semper Fi!
Old October 25th, 2011, 09:41 AM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
Wow, just read through this thread. Haven't seen this kind of passion/hate on this board much. Certainly reinforces my instinct to stick with an NAS110 though.

I feel for that poor truck getting passed from foster homes only to end up with child protective services.
Old October 25th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlander View Post
Wow, just read through this thread. Haven't seen this kind of passion/hate on this board much. Certainly reinforces my instinct to stick with an NAS110 though.

I feel for that poor truck getting passed from foster homes only to end up with child protective services.
I guess thats the point. If the truck were "of age" instead of an infant this wouldn't be a thread. Child protective services don't deal with 25yr old adults. I think the screen name "PumaDefender" says it all.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Old October 25th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
Good point Doug. With my level of experience now I would feel comfortable buying a 25year old from an agent like yourself, and proud to claim it as that old and still doing fine! But having any non-standard car in California is just asking for trouble, and you really have to know your game out there. I can't think of any other state that would get in the weeds like Cali.

Who would consider themselves a car collector and not know what a common rail diesel is, or do their homework on lineage, heritage, specifications and history? That one is just not passing the logic test to me. Jay Lenno is a collector,T and he can talk about the history of everyone of his collection cars, as well as work on them himself, even though he can outsource it. That's the level of knowledge I would consider and expect from a real collector.
Old October 25th, 2011, 02:15 PM
mongosd2
Frank Rafka
01 D2 96 D1 83 110

big difference between being a collector and having a collection in the family...

I still call BS, especially after what was said in a bunch of comments made here before he bought it.
Old October 26th, 2011, 07:55 AM
junkyddog11
oil soaked filter
95 RRC 300tdi

WTF. Shit or go blind.

new expansion complete. Not only are we the only Rover shop in Eliot Maine...now we're also the biggest.

"Dedicated to the resurrection of junk through engineering?"
Old February 19th, 2012, 12:43 AM
NONAME
110/110

The real story

I just came across this thread and thought I should clear the air and try and find a good home for a great truck. I am the original seller of the Defender 110 to the person who tried to sell it earlier on this site as as a ground up build. He was fully informed what he was buying when he purchased the110, the claim that he found a second title at a later date is a complete lie and I have the emails to prove it with dates prior to the original sale. He was not scammed like he claimed and was well aware of the vin #s. His father found out what he had bought and got upset for buying a car that had a potential of causing a problem. So he called me and asked me to buy it back at which time I said no but that I would be more than happy to try and help with the sale. Then he hired a big attorney to force me to buy the car back with money I did not have (which is why I sold it in the first place). Long story short is I bought my dream truck when the opportunity arose, when times got tough I had to sell it, unfortunately to someone who is not honest and has the money to make their problems disappear. I got totally fd as well as my reputation in my home town but karma is a bitch and its not coming my way on this one. This is the deal, its not a rebuild anyone with half a brain on this forum knows it. I have lost my ass in attorney fees and need to get it sold to make this nightmare finally go away. If someone wants a true 2010 Defender 110 PM me. Price is $75000 full disclosure will need to be signed as you will know what you are buying by my attorney. Truck is literally brand new and is fully loaded with 15000 klms. Don't waste my time and I won't waste yours. I am a true Rover lover and will someday have one again, and who just wants to find this great truck a good home.

Old February 19th, 2012, 02:25 AM
headdamage
Andrew
exmod 90 2.5na and a 93/RRC 200tdi

Wow... how did I miss this tread?
Old February 19th, 2012, 05:53 PM
nikojo
John
D90 SW -- 2.8PS

I suspected this was likely the case.

It's really pathetic when someone won't honor an agreement.

Not everyone has a "Daddy" to bail them out every time they f#ck up. Part of becoming a man is living with a decision you make, no matter how painful it may be.

I try teaching this to my sons every day. Unfortunately I see it among their friends where their parents are there to "catch them" every time they fall.

No one is responsible for anything anymore............pathetic.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
vin