dealer service history? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old March 7th, 2014, 10:07 AM
Abrooks
Tony Brooks

dealer service history?

Does anyone have the ability to pull the service records for me if I provide a VIN?
Thanks,
Tony

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 7th, 2014, 01:46 PM
Jymmiejamz
Jimmy
1995 D90 SW #365

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrooks View Post
Does anyone have the ability to pull the service records for me if I provide a VIN?
Thanks,
Tony
Dealers don't share history between dealers. A dealer can look up warranty claims from any dealer, but if it is customer pay work, only the dealer that did the work will have records of it. You can try contacting the dealer that a vehicle was serviced at, but they may not share the service history on the vehicle.
Old March 7th, 2014, 01:58 PM
Abrooks
Tony Brooks

Thats good info (though not what I was hoping would be the case). Thanks for letting me know.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 7th, 2014, 03:44 PM
Jymmiejamz
Jimmy
1995 D90 SW #365

Registry
Our dealership won't give someone a copy of records, but we will answer questions about a particular vehicle most of the time. For example, you could ask if the control arm bushings have been replaced, if the work was usually done at the dealership, or that kind of thing. It will really just depend on who you talk to on the phone.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
service