Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old November 18th, 2010, 10:51 AM
smob
Steve
'97 Arles Blue SW #2131

Registry
DC repair/restoration shop

Any DC/VA/MD people ever heard of this place in Upperville?

http://www.britishandclassics.com/

Looks like they do a reasonable amount of Rover work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 18th, 2010, 10:55 AM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Funny thing... When Charles, Loic and I were caravan to The Cove... I stopped to see a '97 D-90 they are (Paul the name on the windshield) selling.

But to answer your question, no.
Old November 18th, 2010, 10:59 AM
ssbartley1
Steve Bartley
1997 SW #160

Registry
Looks like an impressive operation, but I dont know anybody that has gone there.

Ive had really good luck with Roverland in Alexandria, VA. http://www.roverland4x4.com/
"Walk tall, kick ass, learn to speak Arabic, love music and never forget you come from a long line of truth seekers, lovers and warriors."
- Hunter S. Thompson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 18th, 2010, 11:06 AM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
I have been there but other than looking at the shop (looks like a nice setup), I don't know much abut them. Have a bunch of british cars they are restoring, and I know they are doing a defender 110 build. Doug knows them better than I so maybe he'll see this thread.
Old November 18th, 2010, 12:06 PM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalpin View Post
I have been there but other than looking at the shop (looks like a nice setup), I don't know much abut them. Have a bunch of british cars they are restoring, and I know they are doing a defender 110 build. Doug knows them better than I so maybe he'll see this thread.
When we went pass the shop, they only had the white '97 and a RRC. They did have a big hangar.

------ Follow up post added November 18th, 2010 12:23 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbartley1 View Post
Looks like an impressive operation, but I dont know anybody that has gone there.

Ive had really good luck with Roverland in Alexandria, VA. http://www.roverland4x4.com/
Roverland is a nice shop... I've talked to the owner a couple of times and they were very helpful.

There's one up in Chantilly... www.loudounrover.com
Old November 18th, 2010, 12:32 PM
Viggen
Jarrod
none

Roverland 100%

They are a great group and always helpful and warranty everything that they do. I had them do a few things to my truck recently and the work and price was very good.
Old November 18th, 2010, 12:43 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Here are some of the Defenders they've done.

http://www.britishandclassics.com/bl...-Projects.aspx
Old November 18th, 2010, 12:56 PM
smob
Steve
'97 Arles Blue SW #2131

Registry
Quote:

Roverland does good work, but I strongly object to their parts markup. It's been the opposite with other local shops (good prices, bad work). Gotten to the point where I do most small/moderate repairs myself, with the manual and my 6-yr old. I will eventually need a place to do the big items, resealing engines, etc., and I want good prices with good work.
Old November 18th, 2010, 01:11 PM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOB View Post
Roverland does good work, but I strongly object to their parts markup. It's been the opposite with other local shops (good prices, bad work). Gotten to the point where I do most small/moderate repairs myself, with the manual and my 6-yr old. I will eventually need a place to do the big items, resealing engines, etc., and I want good prices with good work.
Bring the parts and have them install them... I've done that in the past without problems.
Old November 18th, 2010, 01:38 PM
Viggen
Jarrod
none

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrc.swb View Post
Bring the parts and have them install them... I've done that in the past without problems.
Exactly. I do most everything myself but there has been a time where it was a Sunday and it unexpectedly quit on me. I didnt have the time to do it myself so it went to them. Charles and the guys there are great. They arent just parts replacers like most shops are. They actually try to figure out the problem rather than throw parts at it and hope it gets fixed.
Old November 18th, 2010, 03:20 PM
ssbartley1
Steve Bartley
1997 SW #160

Registry
-

I didnt need any major end items, but all parts i did buy were charged almost exactly what RN would have charged me. If I did need something major, I also would buy the parts first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOB View Post
"Walk tall, kick ass, learn to speak Arabic, love music and never forget you come from a long line of truth seekers, lovers and warriors."
- Hunter S. Thompson
Old November 18th, 2010, 04:44 PM
smob
Steve
'97 Arles Blue SW #2131

Registry
Quote:
I didnt need any major end items, but all parts i did buy were charged almost exactly what RN would have charged me. If I did need something major, I also would buy the parts first.
Nah, didn't happen for me, especially on cost of the O2 sensors. Should have done my homework at that time, but I needed the truck for a trip. Next time, if I use them, I'll bring my own. Do that with Loudoun when needed.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
restoration