Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old February 1st, 2011, 10:41 AM
o2batsea
Bill Adams
66 109 sw 94 lwb

Registry
DC area body shop recommendations?

The snow storm has opened up an opportunity to do the roof on the La Weeb due to a falling tree branch. It made what most people would consider to be an almost unnoticeable dink in the top over the driver's side middle door. I hate that. It also made a small hole where a splinter actually poked thru the aluminum skin.
I have always thought about doing a Union Jack roof and now I think I might go ahead. I have the roof from the old Loob as a donor, so I could just take the roof to a shop and have them smooth it out and shoot it with white. Your humble author would then take care of the rest as far as the Union Jack-ing is concerned. Then I could just swap out the Union Jack roof for the boring Ardennes green dented roof. If anyone has a particular shop they have an affinity for, I'm open. I'd do the whole job myself, but don't really want to spend the time.

1966 109 5 door wagon 300Tdi "spermaceti fueled"
1994 RRC LeWiB "ruining the air behind me"
1968 2A 88

All my troubles are Rover
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 1st, 2011, 11:48 AM
NoVaKevin
Kevin
sold#1469

Theres a place on backlick road near the oil tanks right there off 95 near ft. belvoir, called Euro Sport. They always had nice cars in the lot, and I saw 3 or 4 defender 90's getting repairs (one rolled on its side and looked brand new after). Some of the defenders were from pev's paintball (the owner's, i presume).

Havent been there in a few years, so not sure its still there, but its worth a call to them if they are.
Old February 1st, 2011, 01:40 PM
Abrooks
Tony Brooks

Euro Sport is owned by John (something or other) who is a rover enthusiast. Had a supercharged 90 for years. That said, Bill, I'd think any half way competent body shop can do a light bondo and primer job. You might try Yelp or Washington Checkbook.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 1st, 2011, 02:02 PM
Oxcart13
Mark M
D110

FWIW - Back when I lived in Fairfax, John at EuroSport did some nice work on my 90SW and my Disco. At the time LR Alexandria was sending their work his way, so he's got experience with our trucks. I met him right after DC101 had a contest to paint the best mural on a garage door. He won the contest and a new corvette. So if you tell him about what you are trying to do he may get into and work a deal. I would not be suprised - he's a character. HTH. Mark
Old February 1st, 2011, 02:08 PM
Abrooks
Tony Brooks

Is his last name Kinter, I think?
Old February 2nd, 2011, 01:43 PM
carlosz
Carlos
frank stein "frankie" in action RIP

Registry
east coast auto body in alexandria does a lot of major land rover wrecks in the alexandria area, I have seen new trucks with 40k "yes 40,000" of damage drive out of that place like new again.
have never needed or used their services personally thou.
Old February 2nd, 2011, 02:19 PM
Oxcart13
Mark M
D110

It's been a while, but Kinter sounds right. Mark
Old February 2nd, 2011, 04:49 PM
Abrooks
Tony Brooks

Oh, steer clear of Action Auto Body on Rte.1 at Potomac Yard. They're the local Geico approved place and, in a word, suck. Had to refuse acceptance of our FJ100 after it was side swiped due to extensive overspray, a missed spot of paint and masking tape left balled up on the seat. While it looks fine now, it took a heated argument with the manager to make it right.
Old February 2nd, 2011, 04:51 PM
lordhelemt
Paul
1995 D90 #2620 & NAS 110

Use EuroSport. It is a PITA getting there but he does good work, knows rovers, and is fair. Not sure if he's changed but last time i was there he stopped taking insurance payments. You need to cut him a check and work out the bs w/ the insurance co.
RIP 1994 D90 #999 (engine fire 2002). We'll miss you.
Old February 2nd, 2011, 07:13 PM
MonLand
Loic Fabro
95 D90 - 96 Disco -06 LR3

Registry
If you are closer to Fairfax, I'll recommend the body shop the LR dealership uses. Euro something. They do all aluminum brand. Chris Loiseler the owner owns a land rover (probably more than one, could bs a 110?). They specialize in Aluminum bodywork (LRs, Jags and a few others). Not cheap by any mean, but you get what you pay for.
Last time I stopped by, they had a D90 in pieces to respray it and were restoring anything not looking tight.
it is not hoarding it is selective collecting
---
MonLand
1995 D90 NAS
1996 Discovery NAS
2006 LR3 NAS (hers, but comfy! :) )
Old February 2nd, 2011, 07:59 PM
o2batsea
Bill Adams
66 109 sw 94 lwb

Registry
Actually not close to any of you Virgina folk. The Euro place is halfway around the beltway so I think I will also check out places near Cambridge, which is where the other roof is at the moment.

1966 109 5 door wagon 300Tdi "spermaceti fueled"
1994 RRC LeWiB "ruining the air behind me"
1968 2A 88

All my troubles are Rover

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
body