Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old April 23rd, 2016, 12:23 PM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
Dare Britannia

While looking for parts for my Series I rebuild I came across Dare Britannia on the west coast. It has been a very long time since I needed series parts and I cannot remember all the trusted vendors. Is this a rebrand of another company that people had terrible experience with? I recall a barn and some old rovers on their website but cannot recall the name. Anyone familiar with this company? Ebay handle is Galvanisednuts.

Why Choose Dare Britannia? - Dare Britannia, Ltd.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag that allows the protester to burn the flag"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 23rd, 2016, 12:27 PM
grnrvrs
Paul

I would steer clear.
Old April 23rd, 2016, 12:27 PM
Contractor
Will
1969 IIA

Break out your wallet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 23rd, 2016, 12:35 PM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by grnrvrs View Post
I would steer clear.

Good enough for me. Thanks Paul!

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag that allows the protester to burn the flag"
Old April 23rd, 2016, 01:13 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Galvanizednuts lists all of their stuff for more than I've ever seen before, so don't use them for anything other than valuations for insurance replacement costs. They were the ones with the 50th anniversary D90 cage (standard NAS SW cage) for like $12k. They're delusional with all of their asking prices.
Old April 23rd, 2016, 01:30 PM
RBBailey
RBBailey
1965 IIa

Registry
They are very expensive. I use some RN, some times their service is worth the price.

I really like Rovahfarm. Pangolin for the really hard to find.

1965 IIa SWB
1988 Saudi 110 (soon to be 300tdi)
Old April 23rd, 2016, 03:05 PM
Danimal
Daniel Archer
1967 NADA 109 SW

Registry
I've had to buy a few things from Charles at DareBritania and have mixed results. I have a nada 2.6 and he seems to be the only one with replacement water pumps, too bed they are $400 and don't last long. I recently ordered an intake valve cover gasket set from him and he shipped me the wrong part. Won't ship the right part or refund my money. I can't wait to replace this motor. Good luck but be wary. Rovah Farm is great!
Old April 23rd, 2016, 09:18 PM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
I thought it was the same company I have read about but the name threw me off. I have ordered many times from Rovahfarm and Rovers North with very good results but never from Pangolin4x4. I have an email out to Ike to see what he has in stock for a Series I. Thanks guys.

Old April 24th, 2016, 03:39 AM
DailyDrivenDefende
Michael
1989 110, 1985 90 200TDI

I bought a BHead from him. Paid dearly for it. That old fart wouldn't honor eBay price and went up in price. A week prior I told him it would save him on eBay fee if I don't bid and pay through eBay/PayPal. He completely forgets the fact that we had that conversation and his words were you should have bid on it but the price went up.

Drove two hours to get down there and what a surprise, he said he has to charge sales tax on that cash price we settled on over the phone. That mofo was just all over the place, kept changing his words. Very arrogant and rude when I talked over the phone. I argued about that and that mofo backed down.

If he didn't have what I needed, there is no way I would ever associate myself with this individual.

He does have a pink panther in his collection though...

Stay away unless you have a third party involved like eBay to mitigate. He is something and a half to deal with.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat