Dallas, TX??? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old October 1st, 2006, 04:42 PM
cbass
Bradlee Duncan
'94 White and '95 Red D's

Dallas, TX???

OK, this is not LR related, but I just bought a Jetta TDI that's in Texas and I was wondering if anyone needs a free trip from Dallas to Salt Lake City. If you're planning a trip already, this would be one way to make it free. I know it's a long shot, but thought I would try. Or if anyone knows of a cheap way to ship it, that would be good too.

Thanks,
Brad

Follow-up Post:

OK, never mind about the above, I just found really cheap tickets and it'll only cost me about $70 in gas money to get back (TDI's get great gas mileage :-). It'll be a long drive, but worth it I think.

Now I am actually looking for something else.... Is there anybody that has room for two weary travelers on Saturday night (Oct. 14) in or near Dallas, Texas?
Advertisement

Old October 1st, 2006, 11:30 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Hey Bradlee,

You might try posting on the Texas Rovers website. Dallas has a fairly sizable chapter and you could probably find someone to hook you up.

Sounds like a fun trip. $70 in gas sounds a little low. That's a looooong way.

Did you make it to Moab this weekend?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/
/
Old October 2nd, 2006, 12:23 AM
cbass
Bradlee Duncan

Hey Chris, Thanks for the reply, I'll check out that website. You're right, I might be a little low, $70 in gas would be if I got the EPA 49 mpg, but I'll probably get closer to 45 mpg judging from what other TDI owners have told me. Either way, I'm excited to see the mileage that I do get, especially on the sections through Texas and NM where it's flat. That's where the mileage will be the best; it'll definitely struggle coming up to the top of Soldier Summit into Spanish Fork!
Advertisement

Old October 2nd, 2006, 01:15 AM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Be sure to stop at El Patio or at El Pinto in Albuquerque for a kick-ass green chile-laden dinner! Mmmmmm it's chile harvest time.

/
/
/
/
Old October 2nd, 2006, 10:21 AM
cbass
Bradlee Duncan

oh man, that sounds so good. We'll be stopping for lunch there for sure!
Old October 2nd, 2006, 08:56 PM
AggieD90
Kevin Collins
'95 AA Yellow & '97 Willow Green

Since I'm in Houston I don't have a room but I'm coming to SLC on the 16th so if something happens and you need someone to bring it I'll do it.
Old October 3rd, 2006, 09:49 AM
snuffer
Randy Black
'95 D 90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbass
oh man, that sounds so good. We'll be stopping for lunch there for sure!

If you need backup to El Patio, Rudy's has the best BBQ brisket I have ever had, and Pappadeaux's is great cajun.

Pappadeaux is north on I 25 and Rudy's has a couple of locations, one is north of I 40 a mile or two before I 25.
Old October 3rd, 2006, 01:44 PM
lrnasd90
J. Landers
1983 110 LHD Galvanized Everything

Look forward to the mileage, it will probably get it. My wife and I just drove our VW tdi to San Antonio this weekend, a little over 600 miles and we averaged about 47.5 mpg/going about 75mph. We filled up with diesel for about 2.35 a gallon, I spent a whopping $30 buck on fuel for the whole trip...it was nice.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat