Daily Driven 3-link - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old April 19th, 2006, 12:32 PM
Joe P
Joe Pfeiffer
Black 97 D-90ST #0605

Daily Driven 3-link

How many of you out there run your D-90 as a daily driver and have a SG 3-link. How many miles do you drive per day? How does it perform under heavy braking, hard acceleration, curves, etc? Any interesting observations you would like to share would be helpful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 19th, 2006, 01:40 PM
Bowtracer
Peter Sherman
NAS 110

I have one in my 110 & think its a great product. It performs well street or off road. Its not a dd. I just bought on for the Disco still wating to get it.
Old April 19th, 2006, 02:46 PM
smenzel
Sandro
1967 Series IIA

Pardon my asking but what is a "SG 3-link"? A lnk to more information would be great. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 19th, 2006, 02:55 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

I have been driving mine with the 3-link since I bought it 5 months ago. Its pretty much my daily driver, 13 miles one way I think. Seems to be fine, I havent had any issues yet.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old April 19th, 2006, 03:45 PM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
ITs a little softer ride but no issues. I have driven mine everywhere for the last 2 years. THe most being 400 miles in one day to MAR with no problems and I have 3" of lift too.
Old April 19th, 2006, 04:41 PM
dmarchand
David Marchand
'97 D90 SW Arles

Registry
Daily drive through the summer on the 3 link. 12 miles each way. Soft but nothing wild. Lot's of lean in an off ramp but you get very used to it. Drove 5300 miles in two weeks last summer and had no problem.

But working on a rear anti rock setup now for reduced lean.
Old April 19th, 2006, 05:26 PM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Dave, you will have to send me some pics of your setup. I am interested. Mine does not lean bad at all either. You don't even think about it. Jorge is running a 3-link now too and loves it...
Old April 19th, 2006, 05:29 PM
Joe P
Joe Pfeiffer
Black 97 D-90ST #0605

Thanks for all the responses. What shocks and spring combo is everyone running with their 3-link? I think that this will have a lot to do with how much sway. I have Rovertym medium springs with 10" fox shocks today and I lean quite a bit already. Thinking about adjustable 12" Fox's so I can stiffening it up on the road but loosen it while offroading. But man are those expensive SG wants $250 each fro adjustable fox's.
Old April 19th, 2006, 05:33 PM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Joe, I have RYM RR4's up front and RR3's in the rear and Ranch adjustable 14" shocks all around with exo front shock mounts. I would get an adjustable shock for sure. Like you said, you can dial in your ride. I would like to get Fox or similar one day. The Ranchos were the cheap way out for now. Plus, you have a ST like me and they are lighter up top and sway less..

Randy
Old April 19th, 2006, 11:26 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe P
Thanks for all the responses. What shocks and spring combo is everyone running with their 3-link? I think that this will have a lot to do with how much sway. I have Rovertym medium springs with 10" fox shocks today and I lean quite a bit already. Thinking about adjustable 12" Fox's so I can stiffening it up on the road but loosen it while offroading. But man are those expensive SG wants $250 each fro adjustable fox's.
Hey Joe,

So, am I installing this thing for you? The offer is still good, as long as it's not this weekend. On the swaying, the springs are going to make more of a difference for you than the shocks. But, if you want some improvement and don't want to spend the coin, you can buy the regular fox and when you are here, we can pull the oil out and put in some Amsoil 5wt shock fluid. Its a little bit thicker, and we can add a hair more. Then charge them to 120 psi. You'll find that they stiffen right up for you. Of course, there not adjustable.

Or there is even a better solution. If you are even considering spending that kind of crazy capital on shocks, get the SAW Airshocks for the front. They are $189 and we can charge them for any stiffness you want. You can run them with the spring and they will double as your bumpstop. We can even use them to make adjustments to your ride height. Plus, they are bling!!

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Old April 19th, 2006, 11:37 PM
Hans
Hans Haase
The D-90.com Lab Rat

Sandro: It's a suspension system by Safari Gard. Supposed to improve off-road articulation and traction. I've never dealt with one myself, so I don't know much.

-Hans

My 100k stopped odometer fix

Brace for impact, I'm in a "modifying mood". Massive thread count inbound.
Old April 20th, 2006, 11:04 AM
dmarchand
David Marchand
'97 D90 SW Arles

Registry
Randy, I think the only difference in setup for me is OME springs and the overall weight difference of the truck.

Did you weigh your front end before doing the springs? What was it if so?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
3-link